• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Bills wanted Prioleau to stay - just at lower price

Prioleau's agent, Brian Mackler, said Buffalo offered his client a new three-year deal, which included restructuring the final year of his current contract. But Prioleau turned it down, hoping to find a better opportunity with another team.

Mackler described the Bills' offer as fair, but Prioleau was willing to explore his options after being relegated to mostly special teams last season. After starting a career-high 16 games with Buffalo in 2002, Prioleau had only two starts last season.

Mackler didn't rule out Prioleau re-signing with the Bills.
    more (ESPN)

Sounds a lot like Jennings offer - fair but player wanted to find some team to break bank for him. At least agent did not try to create rancor but saying Buffalo 'dissed' him.
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Ya really cant blame PP for wanting some PT.. This team is seriously lacking in depth at the safety positions.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Slim
      • Apr 2004

i wouldnt say were Seriously lacking at the saftey posotion, were a lot better off then most teams

Comment

• Dicknoze69
        Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
        • Jul 2002

I agree that we can't blame Prioleau for wanting some playing time, I think anyone in that situation would want to play more.

I'm hoping he can't find a team willing to give him PT or lots of money, and we can bring him back as a backup/ST player at a reduced cost

God give me style and give me grace
        God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• juice
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by slimschmittie
          i wouldnt say were Seriously lacking at the saftey posotion, were a lot better off then most teams
          I would, the only backups are Coy Wire and Rashard Baker neither of which have shown that they can handle being a starter if we have an injury.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Sportsuser101
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by juice
            I would, the only backups are Coy Wire and Rashard Baker neither of which have shown that they can handle being a starter if we have an injury.
            From what I've seen I think Baker can develop into a starting FS.
            Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Slim
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Sportsuser101

defintely, and Wires a good player i think hes underachieved but he still is a good backup and hes still young

Comment

• Rhettoric
                • Mar 2005

I agree! Especially with Lawyer and Vincent helping him refine his techniques. I think he has a lot of upside.
                "Is his junk out?....Now it's a party."

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

The Bills won't even notice he's gone on the field next September.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Agree 100 % about Wire, but disagree 200% about Baker. Rashad is going to be a great FS in years to come. I just hope he's still a Bill when it happens.

As for Wire, he's nothing but a special teamer, a great ST guy, but a horrid SS.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

But as backUps I like WIre and Baker
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

i like baker alot.. i think he will be ready to step up by the time vincent steps down.. and wire can play.. he has to be put in the right situation.. he is a LB in a safty's body.. he plays alot like blaine bishop.. which is not surprising as it was a greg williams pick.

this draft is also loaded with safety talent.. we can get a good safety on day two.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Coy Wire sucks in the defensive backfield. It's an act of stubborness keeping him there...and we will lose every game he starts there if it comes to that.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Good luck to Prileau finding a place where he will get a big contract and play. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Are you kidding me? Rashad Baker looked fantastic last year!!! He is going to develop into something and will probably be starting in another year or two.

Coy Wire plays great against the run - unfortunately, he gets toasted against the pass. Still, if you knew you were playing a strictly running team with a bad QB (Miami? ) Then you could use him more. He's also good in ST. Pierson was decent in ST also, but in truth, he was never a good S. He always seemed to get burned and would never have started for us. If he thinks he can do better, let him go try. Maybe TD will find us another gem like Baker or Greer (CB) that can surprise us.

Comment

Working...
                              X