PDA

View Full Version : Bills wanted Prioleau to stay - just at lower price

G. Host
03-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Prioleau's agent, Brian Mackler, said Buffalo offered his client a new three-year deal, which included restructuring the final year of his current contract. But Prioleau turned it down, hoping to find a better opportunity with another team.

Mackler described the Bills' offer as fair, but Prioleau was willing to explore his options after being relegated to mostly special teams last season. After starting a career-high 16 games with Buffalo in 2002, Prioleau had only two starts last season.

Mackler didn't rule out Prioleau re-signing with the Bills. more (ESPN) (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2013066)

Sounds a lot like Jennings offer - fair but player wanted to find some team to break bank for him. At least agent did not try to create rancor but saying Buffalo 'dissed' him.

juice
03-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Ya really cant blame PP for wanting some PT.. This team is seriously lacking in depth at the safety positions.

Slim
03-14-2005, 09:04 PM
i wouldnt say were Seriously lacking at the saftey posotion, were a lot better off then most teams

Dicknoze69
03-14-2005, 09:12 PM
I agree that we can't blame Prioleau for wanting some playing time, I think anyone in that situation would want to play more.

I'm hoping he can't find a team willing to give him PT or lots of money, and we can bring him back as a backup/ST player at a reduced cost

juice
03-14-2005, 09:15 PM
i wouldnt say were Seriously lacking at the saftey posotion, were a lot better off then most teamsI would, the only backups are Coy Wire and Rashard Baker neither of which have shown that they can handle being a starter if we have an injury.

Sportsuser101
03-14-2005, 09:23 PM
I would, the only backups are Coy Wire and Rashard Baker neither of which have shown that they can handle being a starter if we have an injury.
From what I've seen I think Baker can develop into a starting FS.

Slim
03-14-2005, 09:30 PM

defintely, and Wires a good player i think hes underachieved but he still is a good backup and hes still young

Rhettoric
03-14-2005, 09:31 PM
I agree! Especially with Lawyer and Vincent helping him refine his techniques. I think he has a lot of upside.

TigerJ
03-14-2005, 09:33 PM
The Bills won't even notice he's gone on the field next September.

Forward_Lateral
03-14-2005, 09:37 PM
I would, the only backups are Coy Wire and Rashard Baker neither of which have shown that they can handle being a starter if we have an injury.

Agree 100 % about Wire, but disagree 200% about Baker. Rashad is going to be a great FS in years to come. I just hope he's still a Bill when it happens.

As for Wire, he's nothing but a special teamer, a great ST guy, but a horrid SS.

tampabay25690
03-14-2005, 09:54 PM

But as backUps I like WIre and Baker

Tatonka
03-14-2005, 10:33 PM
i like baker alot.. i think he will be ready to step up by the time vincent steps down.. and wire can play.. he has to be put in the right situation.. he is a LB in a safty's body.. he plays alot like blaine bishop.. which is not surprising as it was a greg williams pick.

this draft is also loaded with safety talent.. we can get a good safety on day two.

Typ0
03-15-2005, 08:02 AM
Coy Wire sucks in the defensive backfield. It's an act of stubborness keeping him there...and we will lose every game he starts there if it comes to that.

Earthquake Enyart
03-15-2005, 08:34 AM
:bigwave: Good luck to Prileau finding a place where he will get a big contract and play. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

mysticsoto
03-15-2005, 08:35 AM
Are you kidding me? Rashad Baker looked fantastic last year!!! He is going to develop into something and will probably be starting in another year or two.

Coy Wire plays great against the run - unfortunately, he gets toasted against the pass. Still, if you knew you were playing a strictly running team with a bad QB (Miami? :funny:) Then you could use him more. He's also good in ST. Pierson was decent in ST also, but in truth, he was never a good S. He always seemed to get burned and would never have started for us. If he thinks he can do better, let him go try. Maybe TD will find us another gem like Baker or Greer (CB) that can surprise us.

Earthquake Enyart
03-15-2005, 08:37 AM
I think Vincent will be playing safety too.

Marvelous
03-15-2005, 10:10 AM
Are you kidding me? Rashad Baker looked fantastic last year!!!
I disagree. I thought he looked below average. I only wanted him to play so he could develope. But i agree we lose more then we win if he starts.

I like what Tatonka said -When Vincent steps down the kid can go in if he'sready as right now he is not.

Fantastic :lol:

Michael82
03-15-2005, 10:11 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if he comes back in time for Training Camp or at least the May mini camp.

juice
03-15-2005, 10:23 AM
Are you kidding me? Rashad Baker looked fantastic last year!!! He is going to develop into something and will probably be starting in another year or two.

Coy Wire plays great against the run - unfortunately, he gets toasted against the pass. Still, if you knew you were playing a strictly running team with a bad QB (Miami? :funny:) Then you could use him more. He's also good in ST. Pierson was decent in ST also, but in truth, he was never a good S. He always seemed to get burned and would never have started for us. If he thinks he can do better, let him go try. Maybe TD will find us another gem like Baker or Greer (CB) that can surprise us.Baker was the reason we lost the game to the Raiders on a blown assignment and later in the season when he was used in place of Reese, he seemed to get lost at times until it became absolutely neccessary to move Vincent to the FS position. He showed some promise but has not shown that he is ready to be a full time starter in the case of an injury.

I don't think Coy Wire plays great against the run either.. He is constantly over-running the play and he takes bad angles to the tackler. Wire lays some good hits when he can get to the ball carrier but he might be best suited to play on a goalline defensive scheme where bad angles and over persuit wont hurt the team.

Michael82
03-15-2005, 10:33 AM
Baker was the reason we lost the game to the Raiders on a blown assignment and later in the season when he was used in place of Reese, he seemed to get lost at times until it became absolutely neccessary to move Vincent to the FS position. He showed some promise but has not shown that he is ready to be a full time starter in the case of an injury.

I don't think Coy Wire plays great against the run either.. He is constantly over-running the play and he takes bad angles to the tackler. Wire lays some good hits when he can get to the ball carrier but he might be best suited to play on a goalline defensive scheme where bad angles and over persuit wont hurt the team.
And then there is Izell Reese who also sucked so bad that he lost his job as a backup and was on the inactive list for most of the end of the season.

juice
03-15-2005, 10:43 AM
And then there is Izell Reese who also sucked so bad that he lost his job as a backup and was on the inactive list for most of the end of the season.So whats your point, you weren't riding Coy Wire's dick also were you Mikey?

If you look at my post it clearly states that Baker replaced Reese which made Vincent's move to FS neccessary when Baker struggled as a starter.. I'm not degrading Baker's effort, Im just saying that he has yet to prove he is a capable starter if needed because of injury alot like the the new Jock your riding JPL.. Mikey.

Tatonka
03-15-2005, 10:56 AM
So whats your point, you weren't riding Coy Wire's dick also were you Mikey?

If you look at my post it clearly states that Baker replaced Reese which made Vincent's move to FS neccessary when Baker struggled as a starter.. I'm not degrading Baker's effort, Im just saying that he has yet to prove he is a capable starter if needed because of injury alot like the the new Jock your riding JPL.. Mikey.

:limp:

you talk about riding dick more than elton john.

juice
03-15-2005, 11:06 AM
And here you are.. right on cue.:clap:

Tatonka
03-15-2005, 11:15 AM
i would avoid my comment too, juice.

i am starting to wonder what your user name really means.. maybe it doesnt have anything to do with the former rb that lopped the heads of his wife and his wifes boyfriend off..

maybe it has to do w/ your personal life.

here.. i will make your comeback for you..

" ride a dick ect, ect, ect.. "

The King
03-15-2005, 11:17 AM
I really liked the way the used Prileau to blitz early on in the season then he just disappeared.

Michael82
03-15-2005, 11:20 AM

you talk about riding dick more than elton john.
:rofl: He seems to have a infatuation with riding ****s for some reason. He likes to talk about jocks too. I'm kinda scared myself. :eek: :scared: :couch:

juice
03-15-2005, 11:21 AM

i am starting to wonder what your user name really means.. maybe it doesnt have anything to do with the former rb that lopped the heads of his wife and his wifes boyfriend off..

maybe it has to do w/ your personal life.

here.. i will make your comeback for you..

" ride a dick ect, ect, ect.. "Riding Jocks was mentioned and then you showed up.. If the Strap fits..

helmetguy
03-15-2005, 11:27 AM
First of all, juice, Vincent moved to FS after he recovered from injury, and after McGee firmly established himself as an able CB; relegating baker to his backup role. With Baker as the backup, Reese became...shall we say...useless?

Actually, Tonk, the juice might be in reference to his "dietary supplements." We all know what that stuff can do to one's mental acuity.

Billz_fan
03-15-2005, 11:30 AM

He didn't lop them off.

He almost lopped them off, they were on by a little :laughter:

Tatonka
03-15-2005, 11:30 AM
Riding Jocks was mentioned and then you showed up.. If the Strap fits..

i already made that comeback for you juice.. get some new material.. :limp:

why hasnt that smiley been changed to :juice: yet.

mysticsoto
03-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Baker was the reason we lost the game to the Raiders on a blown assignment and later in the season when he was used in place of Reese, he seemed to get lost at times until it became absolutely neccessary to move Vincent to the FS position. He showed some promise but has not shown that he is ready to be a full time starter in the case of an injury.

Besides myself, Steve Szabo appears to disagree with you.

Dec. 6, 2004

Secondary coach Steve Szabo told PFW that the Bills felt fortunate to sign rookie free agent Rashad Baker after he went undrafted. Baker has made some rookie mistakes, but he offers better cover skills than veterans Izell Reese and Pierson Prioleau and has become the starter at free safety. “The knock on him was that he was not a physical guy but could run. … Then once we put the pads on, he hit. He made some good hits. In the preseason games he played in, he made some good sticks. That was encouraging. So, the knock on him about not being a physical guy was incorrect. And the kid can run for a free safety. We fool around with him sometimes in practice, and he’ll go press a wide receiver as a corner — when we’re doing individual stuff — so he does have good coverage skills. And he does play the ball in the air well. Some guys can cover guys but they never play the ball in the air, and he can do that.”

I know he made mistakes, but so did McGee when he started - in fact, McGee was burnt quite a bit. Baker showed great promise and I still have high hopes for him that he will be able to take over and become a solid Safety for us in the near future!

juice
03-15-2005, 11:46 AM
First of all, juice, Vincent moved to FS after he recovered from injury, and after McGee firmly established himself as an able CB; relegating baker to his backup role. With Baker as the backup, Reese became...shall we say...useless?

Actually, Tonk, the juice might be in reference to his "dietary supplements." We all know what that stuff can do to one's mental acuity.Vincent moved to FS because Baker was getting toasted on a regular.. Dont fool yourself Helmet, McGee was such an outstanding athlete that it was tough for the staff to keep him limited to just ST so they decided to stick with him at corner so Vincent was freed up to move to the FS.

McGee had his growing pains also just reference the Jets game when Chrebet laid waste to the kid.

ShadowHawk7
03-15-2005, 11:56 AM
That's great hearing it from our DB coach straight. I also thought Baker was steadily improving in his starts after struggling early. He even made a pick, a sack, and after awhile he didn't seem to get burned at all. I'd still rather have Vincent back there, but he's a great backup and Ster. Wire is a good backup and great STer. I'd say we're fine at safety, unless Milloy goes down again. It wouldn't hurt to pick up a late round SS to push Wire for his roster spot.
Since we're talking about the secondary depth, I also think Greer and Thomas provide good depth as well.

Does anyone think we'll pick a DB day 1 as insurance for Clements leaving and to push McGee to keep his place? Or will TD rely on renegotiating Clements, or possibly tagging him next year?

mysticsoto
03-15-2005, 12:07 PM
That's great hearing it from our DB coach straight. I also thought Baker was steadily improving in his starts after struggling early. He even made a pick, a sack, and after awhile he didn't seem to get burned at all. I'd still rather have Vincent back there, but he's a great backup and Ster. Wire is a good backup and great STer. I'd say we're fine at safety, unless Milloy goes down again. It wouldn't hurt to pick up a late round SS to push Wire for his roster spot.
Since we're talking about the secondary depth, I also think Greer and Thomas provide good depth as well.

Does anyone think we'll pick a DB day 1 as insurance for Clements leaving and to push McGee to keep his place? Or will TD rely on renegotiating Clements, or possibly tagging him next year?
I think out other needs are too great to pick a CB on day 1. But I'm sure day 2 will have a CB in there somewhere - If they can pick a gem like Greer on day 2, I'd be happy...