• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

I can't believe

someone actually asked TD to consider signing Doug Flutie as a mentor to Losman?

John Mulkern (Blasdell, NY): Now that Doug Flutie has been released by the San Diego Chargers, and given the strikingly similarities that J.P. Losman shares with Doug Flutie, also the positive benefits the Bills will redeem by having Flutie on the roster (leadership, ticket sales, etc) would it not make sense to have Doug mentor the young J.P. Losman? Everyone I have asked agrees. How about you?
    TD: Doug Flutie provided some exciting moments in our franchise history that our fans will always remember and we have great admiration for him and his career, but we have never seen him as a mentor. Currently, J.P. has two very good mentors in coach Sam Wyche and Kelly Holcomb.

Incredible. I know i'm going to get negged for this by flutie hardcore fans, but this is utterly ridiculous. Holcomb was signed to be his backup, period. I laughed when TD said he didn't even consider him as a mentor figure. I wonder why. This should be the end of this nonsense.
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

Well I give you positive reps. Let this mullet and his only claim to fame the hail mary go! It's over give it a reat!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Comment

• Demon
      • Mar 2003

WTF is Blasdell, NY anyways..... ???

The guy prolly still thinks Rob Johnson is starting. lol
      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Spielmanrules54
        • Mar 2005

Yeah we all know how great he is at being a "team" player and "mentoring" a younger quarterback. Throw OVER the line Doug... OVER!!!!! too bad he's only 5'1"

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Johnny Utah
          someone actually asked TD to consider signing Doug Flutie as a mentor to Losman?

John Mulkern (Blasdell, NY): Now that Doug Flutie has been released by the San Diego Chargers, and given the strikingly similarities that J.P. Losman shares with Doug Flutie, also the positive benefits the Bills will redeem by having Flutie on the roster (leadership, ticket sales, etc) would it not make sense to have Doug mentor the young J.P. Losman? Everyone I have asked agrees. How about you?
          TD: Doug Flutie provided some exciting moments in our franchise history that our fans will always remember and we have great admiration for him and his career, but we have never seen him as a mentor. Currently, J.P. has two very good mentors in coach Sam Wyche and Kelly Holcomb.

Incredible. I know i'm going to get negged for this by flutie hardcore fans, but this is utterly ridiculous. Holcomb was signed to be his backup, period. I laughed when TD said he didn't even consider him as a mentor figure. I wonder why. This should be the end of this nonsense.
          I'd gather TD was laughing as well...cause mentoring is the last thing Flutie would do...unless you can mentor someone into being a locker room problem...something Flutie's an expert on
          Originally posted by Demon

You get to the stadium much?...it's right near Orchard Park...they share the same exit off the Thruway
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
            Well I give you positive reps. Let this mullet and his only claim to fame the hail mary go! It's over give it a reat!
            I'd say he has more than one claim to fame. I was at the Jax game where he ran it in on the bootleg play at the end of the game to give the Bills an 18-17 win. That being said, I don't want him back- he was exciting but never consistent and that was 6 years ago.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Demon

My dad grew up in Blasdell.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

there will be no end to those idiot futile fans.

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

I know where Blasdell is, & I don't even live in NY.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

Breakin News

Doug Flutie was an amazing team player at SD as well, remember his first couple of yrs there he was complaining all the time. Heard on radio just now Shred and Reagan are reporting: Mike Williams to restructure deal to free up more than 2 million, as well as Coy Wire will be released freeing up 1.6 million, and also said that Josh Reed is on the bubble and may be asked to restructure to stay with the team! No news on Demulling
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

Buffalo news also reporting same thing
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• regor
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                        Doug Flutie was an amazing team player at SD as well, remember his first couple of yrs there he was complaining all the time. Heard on radio just now Shred and Reagan are reporting: Mike Williams to restructure deal to free up more than 2 million, as well as Coy Wire will be released freeing up 1.6 million, and also said that Josh Reed is on the bubble and may be asked to restructure to stay with the team! No news on Demulling

who are shred and reagan? What station are they on?

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

they are on 103.3 the edge in buffalo talk morning show on fm they usually have vic carrucci on every friday and talk to bills in the mornings during the season also used to have jim brinson on from empire sports
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Spielmanrules54
                            Yeah we all know how great he is at being a "team" player and "mentoring" a younger quarterback. Throw OVER the line Doug... OVER!!!!! too bad he's only 5'1"
                            Isn't Flutie the guy in that show from the 70s..."Ze plane...Ze plane!" :snicker2:

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                              they are on 103.3 the edge in buffalo talk morning show on fm they usually have vic carrucci on every friday and talk to bills in the mornings during the season also used to have jim brinson on from empire sports
                              I thought Jim Brinson was dead. Tragic toupee fire.

Comment

Working...
                              X