PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe

Kerr
03-14-2005, 10:48 PM
someone actually asked TD to consider signing Doug Flutie as a mentor to Losman?

John Mulkern (Blasdell, NY): Now that Doug Flutie has been released by the San Diego Chargers, and given the strikingly similarities that J.P. Losman shares with Doug Flutie, also the positive benefits the Bills will redeem by having Flutie on the roster (leadership, ticket sales, etc) would it not make sense to have Doug mentor the young J.P. Losman? Everyone I have asked agrees. How about you?

TD: Doug Flutie provided some exciting moments in our franchise history that our fans will always remember and we have great admiration for him and his career, but we have never seen him as a mentor. Currently, J.P. has two very good mentors in coach Sam Wyche and Kelly Holcomb.

Incredible. I know i'm going to get negged for this by flutie hardcore fans, but this is utterly ridiculous. Holcomb was signed to be his backup, period. I laughed when TD said he didn't even consider him as a mentor figure. I wonder why. This should be the end of this nonsense. :gnight:

kgun12
03-14-2005, 10:57 PM
:roflmao: Well I give you positive reps. Let this mullet and his only claim to fame the hail mary go! It's over give it a reat! :fury:

Demon
03-14-2005, 11:10 PM
WTF is Blasdell, NY anyways..... ???

The guy prolly still thinks Rob Johnson is starting. lol

Spielmanrules54
03-15-2005, 12:09 AM
Yeah we all know how great he is at being a "team" player and "mentoring" a younger quarterback. Throw OVER the line Doug... OVER!!!!! too bad he's only 5'1"

The_Philster
03-15-2005, 05:05 AM
someone actually asked TD to consider signing Doug Flutie as a mentor to Losman?

John Mulkern (Blasdell, NY): Now that Doug Flutie has been released by the San Diego Chargers, and given the strikingly similarities that J.P. Losman shares with Doug Flutie, also the positive benefits the Bills will redeem by having Flutie on the roster (leadership, ticket sales, etc) would it not make sense to have Doug mentor the young J.P. Losman? Everyone I have asked agrees. How about you?

TD: Doug Flutie provided some exciting moments in our franchise history that our fans will always remember and we have great admiration for him and his career, but we have never seen him as a mentor. Currently, J.P. has two very good mentors in coach Sam Wyche and Kelly Holcomb.

Incredible. I know i'm going to get negged for this by flutie hardcore fans, but this is utterly ridiculous. Holcomb was signed to be his backup, period. I laughed when TD said he didn't even consider him as a mentor figure. I wonder why. This should be the end of this nonsense. :gnight:
I'd gather TD was laughing as well...cause mentoring is the last thing Flutie would do...unless you can mentor someone into being a locker room problem...something Flutie's an expert on :up:

You get to the stadium much?...it's right near Orchard Park...they share the same exit off the Thruway

OpIv37
03-15-2005, 07:47 AM
:roflmao: Well I give you positive reps. Let this mullet and his only claim to fame the hail mary go! It's over give it a reat! :fury:

I'd say he has more than one claim to fame. I was at the Jax game where he ran it in on the bootleg play at the end of the game to give the Bills an 18-17 win. That being said, I don't want him back- he was exciting but never consistent and that was 6 years ago.

Earthquake Enyart
03-15-2005, 07:49 AM

My dad grew up in Blasdell. :mad:

Typ0
03-15-2005, 07:53 AM
there will be no end to those idiot futile fans.

mybills
03-15-2005, 07:55 AM
I know where Blasdell is, & I don't even live in NY.

bigbub2352
03-15-2005, 07:58 AM
Doug Flutie was an amazing team player at SD as well, remember his first couple of yrs there he was complaining all the time. Heard on radio just now Shred and Reagan are reporting: Mike Williams to restructure deal to free up more than 2 million, as well as Coy Wire will be released freeing up 1.6 million, and also said that Josh Reed is on the bubble and may be asked to restructure to stay with the team! No news on Demulling

bigbub2352
03-15-2005, 08:04 AM
Buffalo news also reporting same thing

Novacane
03-15-2005, 08:06 AM
Doug Flutie was an amazing team player at SD as well, remember his first couple of yrs there he was complaining all the time. Heard on radio just now Shred and Reagan are reporting: Mike Williams to restructure deal to free up more than 2 million, as well as Coy Wire will be released freeing up 1.6 million, and also said that Josh Reed is on the bubble and may be asked to restructure to stay with the team! No news on Demulling

who are shred and reagan? What station are they on?

bigbub2352
03-15-2005, 08:09 AM
they are on 103.3 the edge in buffalo talk morning show on fm they usually have vic carrucci on every friday and talk to bills in the mornings during the season also used to have jim brinson on from empire sports

mysticsoto
03-15-2005, 08:14 AM
Yeah we all know how great he is at being a "team" player and "mentoring" a younger quarterback. Throw OVER the line Doug... OVER!!!!! too bad he's only 5'1"
Isn't Flutie the guy in that show from the 70s..."Ze plane...Ze plane!" :snicker2:

Earthquake Enyart
03-15-2005, 08:29 AM
they are on 103.3 the edge in buffalo talk morning show on fm they usually have vic carrucci on every friday and talk to bills in the mornings during the season also used to have jim brinson on from empire sports
I thought Jim Brinson was dead. Tragic toupee fire.

bigbub2352
03-15-2005, 08:32 AM
him and ed kilgore from channel 2 news in buffalo another bad stainmaster on the dome

Demon
03-15-2005, 10:50 AM
You get to the stadium much?...it's right near Orchard Park...they share the same exit off the Thruway

haha yeah actually i go to alot of games. Thanks for letting me know though.

I guess i just gotta stop getting drunk at these games......

The Natrix
03-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Flutie blows. Whenever I see someone wearing a mullet jersey at a game, I want to kick them.

McClane
03-15-2005, 02:28 PM
Ya, we get that station here in Toronto, too...not the best reception, but I did here Carrucci on a couple Fridays ago, talking about the offensive line situation..

gobuffalo2007
03-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Flutie needs to go home to the CFL!!!

jamze132
03-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Isn't Flutie the guy in that show from the 70s..."Ze plane...Ze plane!" :snicker2:
It's "de plane, de plane"! :shocked:

jamze132
03-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Why are we Flutie bashing? It was either him or Rob Johnson. It's not like we had much choice.

The_Philster
03-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Why are we Flutie bashing? It was either him or Rob Johnson. It's not like we had much choice.

They both sucked

RetroRaiders81
03-15-2005, 05:07 PM
That is ridiculous. Losman don't need flutie over his shoulder to be good. I could understand if it was a Rich Gannon or something.

ShadowHawk7
03-15-2005, 06:55 PM
My dad grew up in Blasdell. :mad:

Lol.

I'd take him for vet min if we don't get Matthews back as 3rd stringer. Great news or Wire, Reed, and Williams! Pos rep coming your way if you're right.

G. Host
03-15-2005, 07:29 PM

Blasdell is the town south of Orchard Park. It has the largest area 4th of July weekend fireworks display and is where McKinley Mall is. Obviously you have not been to Orchard Park while awake if you do not know Blasdell borders Orchard Park and is where thruway exit (Milestrip) is. Even Fins fans visiting Buffalo know where Blasdell is.

Steelton is the Blasdell neighborhood I grew up in and it is on 20A, Big Tree Rd, same road as on one side of the stadium.

Info on Steelton:
http://www.classicbuffalo.com/Steelton.htm