X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Demon
    • Mar 2003

Regular Season Game in Mexico

I know it's a bit off topic, but we all worried it might be the Bills who'd play in Toronto or something. Looks like we're safe this season for playing all games at home. I don't really like the idea of playing out of the country, keep the sport in the cities that have teams.

But i guess if they can get a crowd, like 100,000 to see 2 of the worst teams, then it's a good idea. I just know if i was a fan and my home game was in like Toronto, i'd be pretty ticked off.
    Impossible is Nothing.

• Pride
    • Jul 2002

I think it is stupid!

Why in the hell should we send a game to a country that does jack **** for us? Mexico is like the uncle noone wants around at Christmas time. Why should we get them a present?

The NFL needs to stop looking to expand. It already has 32 teams, any more and it will get so watered down. And I'd be damned if I am going to Mexico to watch an away game!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Fanball.com's take:

The league is rumored to be tinkering with the idea of placing an expansion team in Mexico City one of these years, so we're not surprised to see them experiment by scheduling a regular season game in the market. However, those plans could change quickly if league officials spend any time inside the Cardinals' locker room after Dennis Green gorges on Mexican food for an entire weekend.

:fat:

Comment

• generalmills
        • Sep 2003

49ers and Cards eh?? Thats like when you allow your dog to lick the cheese sauce mix from the side of a Kraft Dinner pot! Enjoy the "best we have to offer" Mexico!

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

It will be a disaster. Remember a decade or so ago when Dallas played a preseason game there? (I think it was against the Oilers but don't recall at the moment). The field was poorly maintained and it rained- it was a complete mudbath. Fun as hell to watch but horribly dangerous for the players.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
            NJ In The House
            • Nov 2004

If I'm a seaon ticket holder, I'm pissed!

Time To Ski!

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
              • May 2004

What the hell is wrong with them having a game there? What the hell is wrong with an NFL team in Mexico? I think it is inevitable that at some point the NFL will expand to beyond these borders.....so why fight it? I would rather see a team in Mexico City than in LA or Columbus or some other boring place.
              "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
              --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                What the hell is wrong with them having a game there? What the hell is wrong with an NFL team in Mexico? I think it is inevitable that at some point the NFL will expand to beyond these borders.....so why fight it? I would rather see a team in Mexico City than in LA or Columbus or some other boring place.
                No, it's an American sport. They're taking away an opportunity for SF or Arizona fans to go to a game at their stadium. I would want a refund on my season tickets if I was them. This is total garbage. Paul Tagliabue is a horrendous commissioner. He needs to go.

Comment

• jamze132
                  • Jun 2003

I don't really care. It's not the Bills going to Mexico to play. However, if we did have to, I would try to go. Mexico has cheap beer. A bucket of cornona's on the beach is onyl 35 pesos!!!!!!!!

Comment

• thebuffalobills4
                    • Aug 2004

why are they going to have a game in mexico??
                    :oldskool:
                    micheal phelps is a beast

Comment

• Mudflap1
                      Next Question!
                      • Nov 2004

Same reason baseball plays games in Japan...

I don't have a problem with it because it was probably a game scheduled to be a Cardinals home game, and they don't spend money for their team, their fans don't go to see them play, so it's the most logical team to play there. I don't think the league would ever do that to a team that had a huge home fan base. After all, it's all about the money. 100,000 at this game is about 45,000 or 50,000 more than the Cards would draw at a normal home game against the 49ers anyway...

Jon

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                        Same reason baseball plays games in Japan...

I don't have a problem with it because it was probably a game scheduled to be a Cardinals home game, and they don't spend money for their team, their fans don't go to see them play, so it's the most logical team to play there. I don't think the league would ever do that to a team that had a huge home fan base. After all, it's all about the money. 100,000 at this game is about 45,000 or 50,000 more than the Cards would draw at a normal home game against the 49ers anyway...

Jon
                        more like 90000 more

I think it's a great idea to expand into other countries they have great markets for football. With the technology we have the world is getting smaller...I firmly believe NFL Europe was put in place to develop the market and eventually place teams accross the continent. Why fight it if it's bringing more $$$ into the league and making it better?

Comment

• capitolneal
                          • Sep 2003

guys look at the money the nfl will save in grounds fee hell are cap adjustment might be 100k, and where else can u get a beer for a dollar at a footbal game... tailgating with fried goat and whatever the grandma ran over on the way to the bullfi... errr the footbal game

Comment

• sdbillsfan1
                            • Mar 2005

Just a question...........do ya need a green card to play in Mexico ? Seems to be alot of talent down there ..they all seem to know how to run (and deek out the I.N.S.) Great fence jumpers (most lineman are much shorter) and would we really have to worry about a salary cap anymore ?.hmmmmmmmmm .I say say move the phins to Mexico......

Yes this was a joke !!!!

Comment

• RetroRaiders81
                              Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace
                              • Mar 2005

Football in Mexico? I just don't see it happening. In madden you can move your team to Mexico city.
                              The Houston Retro Raiders.

Comment

Working...
                              X