PDA

View Full Version : Wire AND Prioleau?

OpIv37
03-15-2005, 12:34 PM
So we know Priolieau is gone, and now there are rumors about Wire being cut as well. Neither of these guys were spectacular, but they both contributed at times and played well on special teams. Who will our back-up DB's be next year?

And this is pure speculation on my part, but is it possible that the Bills are freeing up the cash and the position for Ty Law? Supposedly his "visit" was just to see Milloy, but now I'm not so sure. Personally, I think Law's a great player but he's past his prime and we could really use D-line and O-line help before safety help.

Iehoshua
03-15-2005, 12:37 PM
I'd take Law over Prioleau and Wire... That is just me...
:idunno:

OpIv37
03-15-2005, 12:41 PM
the problem is that Law won't contribute on ST, and we'd still need to find back-ups. Maybe no one will take Prioleau and we can bring him back for less money. Otherwise, TD better start finding some back ups.

Ickybaluky
03-15-2005, 12:59 PM
the problem is that Law won't contribute on ST, and we'd still need to find back-ups. Maybe no one will take Prioleau and we can bring him back for less money. Otherwise, TD better start finding some back ups.

Law played on kick and punt coverage units with the Patriots. Mike Mularkey (like Belichick) is not afraid to use his starters on ST, and Law would not have any problem playing there if asked. He is the type of guy that wants to be on the field all the time.

In fact, Law has wanted to play WR for years, and he has bugged Belichick to play him there. He even has asked to return kicks or punts.

Forward_Lateral
03-15-2005, 01:01 PM
I'll eat a freshly laid turd if we sign Ty Law. There's no way he signs with Buffalo.

Iehoshua
03-15-2005, 01:21 PM
I'll eat a freshly laid turd if we sign Ty Law.
What's worse, freshly laid or aged?...

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-15-2005, 01:34 PM
I'll eat a freshly laid turd if we sign Ty Law. There's no way he signs with Buffalo.

I, along with others here are really going to hold you to that one.
:gag:

What's worse, freshly laid or aged?...

I would think that freshly laid would be worse due to the slime factor. And the crunchy factor on the aged might make it more palatable.

WHO THE HELL REALLY KNOWS? Excuse me while I go puke.

Iehoshua
03-15-2005, 01:51 PM
I would think that freshly laid would be worse due to the slime factor. And the crunchy factor on the aged might make it more palatable.

Thanks for the expertise! :up:

:rofl:

OpIv37
03-15-2005, 01:53 PM
wow, this thread degenerated in a hurry. We always complain about Patriots fans, but a Pats fan posts some insightful commentary then the rest of us let it go to ****, literally in this case.

dannyek71
03-15-2005, 01:55 PM
I will be angry if we cut wire without having definate plans for the $$$. Would the 500k or so we would save by cutting him really help the team out in signing a big FA? If it would lets cut him, if not keep him.

Sportsuser101
03-15-2005, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the imagine guys. My secretary thanks you as well who nearly puked. :sick:

Forward_Lateral
03-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Seriously, I wasn't being a jerk or anything, I really don't think Buffalo stands a chance at getting Law. We have far superior needs than Law, unless he gains 100 pounds and converts to Offensive Tackle.

jamze132
03-15-2005, 03:23 PM
I will be angry if we cut wire without having definate plans for the $$$. Would the 500k or so we would save by cutting him really help the team out in signing a big FA? If it would lets cut him, if not keep him.
I would rather buy a hooker for the O-line to run a train on than have Coy Wire playing in the secondary. And if he is making $1.4 something mil this year, than he better play somewhere other than just on special teams, and be good at it. I still can't get that picture of him jumping in the back of the endzone and letting the ball go through his hands in the JAX game.

thebuffalobills4
03-15-2005, 03:37 PM
if we got ty law ,we pretty much made a stupid decsion. and we would also be wasteing our cap money for someone we don't need on our d.even though to think about it,if we did sign him,we would have the best cb dues
in the nfl.and no one be able to throw agaist us.but better yet you can do that on madden 2005. :posrep:

Throne Logic
03-15-2005, 03:48 PM

$1,129,400 savings according to Clump & Eb's page. Dead CAP of $120,000 regardless of when he's cut at this point.

That's a good size chunk if there's a good reason do to it. I agree with you that it's pointless unless there is a reason. But, I'm not worried. TD has obviously shown prudence in regards to when he makes changes for the sole reason of creating CAP space.

G. Host
03-15-2005, 07:15 PM
Sounds like Wire was given a message by Donahoe - restructure/sign for longer period (Can he? Depends on bonus ... News made it sound like it was a salary jump not a bonus) or risk being cut.

Personally I never hope to see Law at the ralph other than as an opposing player; he wants far too much and we have had enough players for New England. The only great player we got from New England was Sam Gash! All the others have been washouts or over priced.