X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thebuffalobills4
    • Aug 2004

who do you think we are going to pick up in the

since we start out with a second round pick and all,i think we are going to go
    after a 0lineman first.than so on and so forth.
    :oldskool:
    micheal phelps is a beast
  • Willis!
    • Mar 2005

It'll probably be that age-old strategy of taking the best prospect available no matter what the postion.

Could be another WR?

Comment

• sdbillsfan1
      • Mar 2005

If the draft is like playing poker.then I say go to your strong suit .In this case the run .we have talent at this position......so why not build up the ol and protect JP at the same time ? It's all over every board that the bills need line help ..get a group of road graders and let Willis and JP loose !

Comment

• kevinj22
        • Feb 2005

I agree that we need O Lineman but tell me who is going to come in as a second round pick and start right away. It will be great to draft depth but if we want a bonifide starter to help from day one I say with NO 1st round pick (barring a trade of some sort) we should and will draft Nugent.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
          • Mar 2003

Yeah right. TD already backed Lindell completely, and will in no manner draft a kicker. Sorry guys, it took me awhile to see the light. I see TD picking BPA which could be Dline, DB, WR, OL, or w/e. I don't see TD picking a RB, QB, FB, K, P or LB day one, anything else is fair game.
          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• tampabay25690
            • Feb 2004

I think we should 1st priority pick up OL help, DT, WR, secondary, TE, RB, Lbs
            GO Gators!!!!!!
            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kevinj22
              I agree that we need O Lineman but tell me who is going to come in as a second round pick and start right away. It will be great to draft depth but if we want a bonifide starter to help from day one I say with NO 1st round pick (barring a trade of some sort) we should and will draft Nugent.
              care to put money on that?
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ryven
                • Jan 2003

if Adam Terry is still there I think he could come in and start. so we may go OL for our first pick.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ryven
                  if Adam Terry is still there I think he could come in and start. so we may go OL for our first pick.
                  Every mock draft I have seen virtually has this guy going at the latest in the beginning of the 2nd rd. We won't see him barring a move up by TD - which I doubt he will do...

Comment

• ryven
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Every mock draft I have seen virtually has this guy going at the latest in the beginning of the 2nd rd. We won't see him barring a move up by TD - which I doubt he will do...

Yeah and just about every mock draft had Kelsay going in the first. I'm just saying that anything can happen.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

i think we go adam terry, matt jones qb/wr, or david baas in the sec round
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ryven
                        Yeah and just about every mock draft had Kelsay going in the first. I'm just saying that anything can happen.
                        Believe me, if he were available, I wouldn't complain at all. Nor would I for Baas. Unfortunately, there seems to be many teams that will need O-linemen, some of them are:

Arizona - probably not in the 1st, but they could grab one in the 2nd before us.

Atlanta - could use a better pass blocking LT to protect Vick.

Baltimore - Needs a Center badly (don't take Spencer, please!)

Carolina - may need RT or G depending where they play Wahle

Cleveland Browns - OL has been weak for years...

Detriot Lions - if they don't get Mulling, look for them to draft maybe in their 2nd rd.

GB - lost both their Guards - will be drafting

Houston Texans - Will need a Guard

New England - lost Andruzzi and his backup is just average

NY Jets - lost McKenzie and Chad is a bit fragile...

SD Chargers - have alot of picks and may want to protect their newly emerging QB better

Tennessee - Need players in almost every position, but O-line is very high on the list

Washington - will probably need a better guard if they ever want to improve on offense.

As you can see, there are plenty of people who need O-lineman. Some may wait til later rds, but the odds are that atleast a few of these will gobble down the good prospects out there like Alex Barron, Baas, etc.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                          • Mar 2003

Hey, if that is so, and they do draft more OL than we projected, a star or two in a different position will have to have slipped through for us to get. TD will play this right, and will only draft OL if a early-mid 2nd round OL drops to us.
                          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                            Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                            Yeah right. TD already backed Lindell completely, and will in no manner draft a kicker. Sorry guys, it took me awhile to see the light. I see TD picking BPA which could be Dline, DB, WR, OL, or w/e. I don't see TD picking a RB, QB, FB, K, P or LB day one, anything else is fair game.
                            I agree, we will pick the Best Player Available and there's a definite chance that we don't pick an OL with our 2nd round pick, but we will select OL relatively soon.

If someone at DB, DL, or WR slips enough, we may go that route.

God give me style and give me grace
                            God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Rhettoric
                              • Mar 2005

Depending on how receptive Clements is to signing a longterm deal I think TD may pick up a CB.
                              "Is his junk out?....Now it's a party."

Comment

Working...
                              X