PDA

View Full Version : who do you think we are going to pick up in the

thebuffalobills4
03-15-2005, 03:24 PM
since we start out with a second round pick and all,i think we are going to go
after a 0lineman first.than so on and so forth. :;

Willis!
03-15-2005, 03:25 PM
It'll probably be that age-old strategy of taking the best prospect available no matter what the postion.

Could be another WR?

sdbillsfan1
03-15-2005, 06:25 PM
If the draft is like playing poker.then I say go to your strong suit .In this case the run .we have talent at this position......so why not build up the ol and protect JP at the same time ? It's all over every board that the bills need line help ..get a group of road graders and let Willis and JP loose !

kevinj22
03-15-2005, 10:39 PM
I agree that we need O Lineman but tell me who is going to come in as a second round pick and start right away. It will be great to draft depth but if we want a bonifide starter to help from day one I say with NO 1st round pick (barring a trade of some sort) we should and will draft Nugent.

ShadowHawk7
03-15-2005, 11:04 PM
Yeah right. TD already backed Lindell completely, and will in no manner draft a kicker. Sorry guys, it took me awhile to see the light. I see TD picking BPA which could be Dline, DB, WR, OL, or w/e. I don't see TD picking a RB, QB, FB, K, P or LB day one, anything else is fair game.

tampabay25690
03-15-2005, 11:47 PM
I think we should 1st priority pick up OL help, DT, WR, secondary, TE, RB, Lbs

Tatonka
03-16-2005, 07:08 AM
I agree that we need O Lineman but tell me who is going to come in as a second round pick and start right away. It will be great to draft depth but if we want a bonifide starter to help from day one I say with NO 1st round pick (barring a trade of some sort) we should and will draft Nugent.

care to put money on that?

ryven
03-16-2005, 07:54 AM
if Adam Terry is still there I think he could come in and start. so we may go OL for our first pick.

mysticsoto
03-16-2005, 07:58 AM
if Adam Terry is still there I think he could come in and start. so we may go OL for our first pick.
Every mock draft I have seen virtually has this guy going at the latest in the beginning of the 2nd rd. We won't see him barring a move up by TD - which I doubt he will do...

ryven
03-16-2005, 08:07 AM
Every mock draft I have seen virtually has this guy going at the latest in the beginning of the 2nd rd. We won't see him barring a move up by TD - which I doubt he will do...

Yeah and just about every mock draft had Kelsay going in the first. I'm just saying that anything can happen.

bigbub2352
03-16-2005, 08:11 AM
i think we go adam terry, matt jones qb/wr, or david baas in the sec round

mysticsoto
03-16-2005, 09:02 AM
Yeah and just about every mock draft had Kelsay going in the first. I'm just saying that anything can happen.
Believe me, if he were available, I wouldn't complain at all. Nor would I for Baas. Unfortunately, there seems to be many teams that will need O-linemen, some of them are:

Arizona - probably not in the 1st, but they could grab one in the 2nd before us.

Atlanta - could use a better pass blocking LT to protect Vick.

Baltimore - Needs a Center badly (don't take Spencer, please!)

Carolina - may need RT or G depending where they play Wahle

Cleveland Browns - OL has been weak for years...

Detriot Lions - if they don't get Mulling, look for them to draft maybe in their 2nd rd.

GB - lost both their Guards - will be drafting

Houston Texans - Will need a Guard

New England - lost Andruzzi and his backup is just average

NY Jets - lost McKenzie and Chad is a bit fragile...

SD Chargers - have alot of picks and may want to protect their newly emerging QB better

Tennessee - Need players in almost every position, but O-line is very high on the list

Washington - will probably need a better guard if they ever want to improve on offense.

As you can see, there are plenty of people who need O-lineman. Some may wait til later rds, but the odds are that atleast a few of these will gobble down the good prospects out there like Alex Barron, Baas, etc.

ShadowHawk7
03-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Hey, if that is so, and they do draft more OL than we projected, a star or two in a different position will have to have slipped through for us to get. TD will play this right, and will only draft OL if a early-mid 2nd round OL drops to us.

Dicknoze69
03-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Yeah right. TD already backed Lindell completely, and will in no manner draft a kicker. Sorry guys, it took me awhile to see the light. I see TD picking BPA which could be Dline, DB, WR, OL, or w/e. I don't see TD picking a RB, QB, FB, K, P or LB day one, anything else is fair game.

I agree, we will pick the Best Player Available and there's a definite chance that we don't pick an OL with our 2nd round pick, but we will select OL relatively soon.

If someone at DB, DL, or WR slips enough, we may go that route.

Rhettoric
03-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Depending on how receptive Clements is to signing a longterm deal I think TD may pick up a CB.

ParanoidAndroid
03-16-2005, 12:10 PM
I thoroughly enjoy speculating and hoping and wishing when it comes to Bills football. I also come to this site first to get my Bills news because, clearly, this site rocks! But does anyone else feel like these threads are getting a bit redundant? Someone might say, "If you don't like it, don't read it," but I can't help it. I keep going through this looking for anything new, anything to get excited about. I am beginning to fear for my psychological well being. :ill:
The draft could not come soon enough.

jamze132
03-16-2005, 03:04 PM
I thoroughly enjoy speculating and hoping and wishing when it comes to Bills football. I also come to this site first to get my Bills news because, clearly, this site rocks! But does anyone else feel like these threads are getting a bit redundant? Someone might say, "If you don't like it, don't read it," but I can't help it. I keep going through this looking for anything new, anything to get excited about. I am beginning to fear for my psychological well being. :ill:

Not much to talk about.

BuffaloRanger
03-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Whoever you want TD to pick, whoever the experts say he should pick when the Bills are on the clock, it doesn't matter. TD will pick someone that surprises everyone.

Best player available is BS. If the best player left was a QB would the Bills have to take him? No. And when was the last time a 2nd or a 3rd pick by the Bills did anything that year.

Honestly, we all agree the Bills need Oline improvement. So I think we'll draft CB then LB.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-16-2005, 06:50 PM
2nd round - OL
3rd round - OL
4th round - OL
5th round - OL
6th round - OL
7th round - OL

OK, maybe a DT somewhere in there.

Dozerdog
03-16-2005, 07:10 PM
Welcome to the offseason.....6 months of the same topics

Kerr
03-16-2005, 10:33 PM
TE Alex Smith.