PDA

View Full Version : phins sign ot mcdougle

thebuffalobills4
03-15-2005, 05:52 PM
well th :shocked: ats one ot we should of got.dang.i'll give you the link.
http://www.nfl.com/partners/aol?http://www.nfl.com/

gobuffalo2007
03-15-2005, 06:03 PM
what thats just nfl.com what am i looking for?

thebuffalobills4
03-15-2005, 06:05 PM
yes,why?

gobuffalo2007
03-15-2005, 06:06 PM
you said stocker signed where does it say that?

Romes
03-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Dolphins | McDougle Signs One-year Deal - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:32:54 -0800

SportsTicker reports the Miami Dolphins have signed OT Stockar McDougle (Lions) to a one-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

thebuffalobills4
03-15-2005, 06:11 PM
their should be a gray box filled with nfl signings on the top right corner on the nfls home page.it should be te last link in the grey box.does that help
you?

gobuffalo2007
03-15-2005, 06:12 PM
hes right its true damn that sucks!!!

Romes
03-15-2005, 06:13 PM
good signing for them...I hate saying that.

Well, as of now, there are no good tackles left on the market...its either going to be teague at LT, Mike Williams at LT and a rookie at RT or a rookie at LT. Unless someone performs better than expected our line is going to be worse.

thebuffalobills4
03-15-2005, 06:14 PM
it does not really matter,thats going to be the only good o-lineman
on their line.

gobuffalo2007
03-15-2005, 06:15 PM
true that true that.....

thebuffalobills4
03-15-2005, 06:16 PM

Well, as of now, there are no good tackles left on the market...its either going to be teague at LT, Mike Williams at LT and a rookie at RT or a rookie at LT. Unless someone performs better than expected our line is going to be worse.true. :bikerbabe

lordofgun
03-15-2005, 06:19 PM

Well, as of now, there are no good tackles left on the market...its either going to be teague at LT, Mike Williams at LT and a rookie at RT or a rookie at LT. Unless someone performs better than expected our line is going to be worse.
Is it stupid to still be holding out hope for Shelton?

gobuffalo2007
03-15-2005, 06:20 PM
yeah.

thebuffalobills4
03-15-2005, 06:25 PM
i still think we can run for shelton.:smoke:

feelthepain
03-15-2005, 06:31 PM
Whats the problem? I'm happy!:D

thebuffalobills4
03-15-2005, 06:33 PM
yup? :question:

gobuffalo2007
03-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Whats the problem? I'm happy!:D
get out of here you Dol******!

thebuffalobills4
03-15-2005, 06:44 PM
get out of here you Dol******!what he said. :salute:

Tatonka
03-15-2005, 07:14 PM
why a one year deal?

are they saying they are aware he is not that good.. and he is just a stop gap.

but if he plays well.. then they are going to have to pay a butt load for him.. doesnt make sense.

Romes
03-15-2005, 08:25 PM

Probably not, if that is going to happen it'll happen on draft day.

Although, i wouldn't put my money on us getting Shelton, by all reports it seems dead.

Crisis
03-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Not worried. One year deal. Phins aren't making a run this year. If it was a multi-year deal I'd be worried.

Samphin1
03-15-2005, 08:32 PM
why a one year deal?

but if he plays well.. then they are going to have to pay a butt load for him.. doesnt make sense.

If you look at the majority of the deals Saban has signed players to this offseason, they are short term, 1-2 year deals. I think Saban's strategy is to basically sign these veteran's that can help ease the transition to the young guys he plans to draft. Notice we haven't traded any of our draft picks ( a staple of Wannstedt ). I think he plans on bringing in young guys who can learn for a year or two behind these guys and then take over when the veterans become too pricey.

Ickybaluky
03-15-2005, 08:47 PM
why a one year deal?

Probably his choice. Nobody was going to give him big money, so he plays next year in Miami and tries to cash in next season. My guess is Miami is going to give him a shot at playing LT, which makes him more valuable. If he proves he can play LT he can get a big contract and go back to being lazy.

The question I have is how this is going to go over with Damien McIntosh. Reportedly, Saban got him to take a paycut by promising him the Dolphins weren't looking to sign another OT, instead looking to develop one in the draft. Now he goes out and signs McDougle, which must piss McIntosh off since he knows they are committed to actually trying to play Vernon Carey this year, and they still have John St. Clair. I wonder if this means Carey is moving back to OG again.

ShadowHawk7
03-15-2005, 09:07 PM
Didn't Stocar play RT anyway? So we'd have to move MW to LT, which I am against.

Samphin1
03-15-2005, 09:29 PM
Probably his choice. Nobody was going to give him big money, so he plays next year in Miami and tries to cash in next season. My guess is Miami is going to give him a shot at playing LT, which makes him more valuable. If he proves he can play LT he can get a big contract and go back to being lazy.

The question I have is how this is going to go over with Damien McIntosh. Reportedly, Saban got him to take a paycut by promising him the Dolphins weren't looking to sign another OT, instead looking to develop one in the draft. Now he goes out and signs McDougle, which must piss McIntosh off since he knows they are committed to actually trying to play Vernon Carey this year, and they still have John St. Clair. I wonder if this means Carey is moving back to OG again.

Close, but no cigar NE. McIntosh signed on the agreement that we would pursue no more LT's whether it be via FA or draft this year. The language says nothing about RT's, which MCdougle will be playing. McIntosh only has to compete against Carey for the LT spot, and quite frankly, he should beat Vernon.

McDougle is too big to play LT. He isn't the quickest of guys either. He will plop his big are on the RT side and play there. I do bleieve that Carey will move back OG, most likely at RG. Barring a draft coice of a Center, I anticipate the O-line looking as such going into the season:

LT Damien McIntosh
LG Jeno James
C Seth McKinney ( not happy about this )
RG Vernon Carey
RT Stockar McDougle

I anticipate John St. Calir not being too happy but he should be the first alternate to both T spots and the center spot as well. Rex Hadnot played decent late last season and should be the backup to both G spots and had experience at C also. WadeSmith will probably be the only other active o-linemen on gameday and will most likely only play special teams, barring a catastrophic event.

At least, that is my opinion anyway...

Tatonka
03-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Close, but no cigar NE. McIntosh signed on the agreement that we would pursue no more LT's whether it be via FA or draft this year. The language says nothing about RT's, which MCdougle will be playing. McIntosh only has to compete against Carey for the LT spot, and quite frankly, he should beat Vernon.

McDougle is too big to play LT. He isn't the quickest of guys either. He will plop his big are on the RT side and play there. I do bleieve that Carey will move back OG, most likely at RG. Barring a draft coice of a Center, I anticipate the O-line looking as such going into the season:

LT Damien McIntosh
LG Jeno James
C Seth McKinney ( not happy about this )
RG Vernon Carey
RT Stockar McDougle

I anticipate John St. Calir not being too happy but he should be the first alternate to both T spots and the center spot as well. Rex Hadnot played decent late last season and should be the backup to both G spots and had experience at C also. WadeSmith will probably be the only other active o-linemen on gameday and will most likely only play special teams, barring a catastrophic event.

that could end up being better than what we got

Romes
03-15-2005, 09:43 PM

sad...but true

:sadwalk:

Kerr
03-15-2005, 09:48 PM
In other news..Buffalo Bills sign Rick DeMulling.

I'm still waiting for that headline.

The Natrix
03-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Let them have him. He has a poor work ethic and the phins wear orange and teal.

Ickybaluky
03-15-2005, 10:10 PM

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. IMO, St. Clair was their best OL last year, actually performing decently for them. Now they are going to be jerking Carey around some more? They gave up a 4th to move up and get Carey (a trade that ended up being DE Kenechi Udeze and RB Mewelde Moore for Carey), and they keep jerking him around between OG and OT. Considering where he was drafted they thought of him as a OT, and now they keep jerking him back and forth.

McDougle did come cheap and should be somewhat motivated given he is playing for another contract and is from the area, but the guy is lazy. I have praised Saban for making moves I thought were in line with installing his program, but this one doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I think Saban thinks he can get out of McDougle what others couldn't, but generally underachievers don't change.

Samphin1
03-16-2005, 03:01 AM
It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. IMO, St. Clair was their best OL last year, actually performing decently for them. Now they are going to be jerking Carey around some more? They gave up a 4th to move up and get Carey (a trade that ended up being DE Kenechi Udeze and RB Mewelde Moore for Carey), and they keep jerking him around between OG and OT. Considering where he was drafted they thought of him as a OT, and now they keep jerking him back and forth.

McDougle did come cheap and should be somewhat motivated given he is playing for another contract and is from the area, but the guy is lazy. I have praised Saban for making moves I thought were in line with installing his program, but this one doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I think Saban thinks he can get out of McDougle what others couldn't, but generally underachievers don't change.

Regarding McDougle first. He has weight issues and takes plays off, at least in the past. When he is/was motivated, he dominated. I think Saban AND Houck think they can get more out o fhim. For a one year contract that comes cheaply, it is a small risk for possible big returns.

I disagree that St. Clair was our best linemen. I think the most consistant linemen was Jeno James. He had a solid 2004. St. Clair struggled early but came on late. LikeI said, he will probably be the first alternate to three positions. Heck, I would personally, put him at center and let him challege sweaty Seth McKinney for the job. He was great in college as a center.

The jerking of Carey does bother me. I don't understand how he is supposed to get comfortable at any position when they don't keep him there for more than a minute seemingly. All I can say in Saban's defense is that he didn't pick Carey and might not have last year if he was the coach, therefore he may feel the kid is useless on the right side. Personally, I think he will end up as a guard and probably succeed there, if they only let him work on being a guard though. This whole LT BS isn't sitting well with me and seems more like they want to give Damien some type of competetion but nothing too hard, if that makes sense. All in all though, this line started to come together some at the end of the year under bad coaching and all. A few minor tweaks and a good coach later should help this unit get even better. For Feeley's sake, I hope so.

NJFINSFAN1
03-16-2005, 07:23 AM

Don't be surprised if St. Clair ends up at Center.

Forward_Lateral
03-16-2005, 09:49 AM
Why are you guys upset he signed with Miami? He's horrible. Nobody listens to me, go to a Lions board and ask about Stocker, see what they say. He's OVER RATED. That's why Miami only gave him a one year deal.

mysticsoto
03-16-2005, 10:14 AM
Why are you guys upset he signed with Miami? He's horrible. Nobody listens to me, go to a Lions board and ask about Stocker, see what they say. He's OVER RATED. That's why Miami only gave him a one year deal.
B'cse people want something NOW...even if it's bad. Nobody is willing to wait and let the right pieces fall into place. They seem to think that the season is starting next week. From what I can tell, TD is going to go to the draft, see who is available and who he can get with his picks and THEN (he's still not done) will look throught he available undrafted players and grab any gems he finds there. After this, he will evaluate what positions still need work. Then he will wait until June 1st and see who gets cut, and afterward make any necessary adjustments with bringing in a veteran here or there to finish up.

TD performs his job the patient way, while others here are, "Now, NOW, NOW!!!...sign whoever is available at whatever cost!!!"

feelthepain
03-16-2005, 10:47 AM

He only gave up 4 sacks last year and the right side of the line was more productive then the left by far. When they ran the ball to the left the line was ranked in the 30th or worse and when they ran the ball to the right they were around the 12th ranked line since McDougle plys RT I'd say he held up well, doesn't sound like he stinks to me. I think their LT gave up 8 sacks last year. So this may not be Orlano Pace but he is a solid pickup, and considering we don't have big money to spend this is a very good signing. With Houck as his new line coach I'm sure we will be pleased with the return on a one year signing.

NJFINSFAN1
03-16-2005, 11:12 AM
He only gave up 4 sacks last year and the right side of the line was more productive then the left by far. When they ran the ball to the left the line was ranked in the 30th or worse and when they ran the ball to the right they were around the 12th ranked line since McDougle plys RT I'd say he held up well, doesn't sound like he stinks to me. I think their LT gave up 8 sacks last year. So this may not be Orlano Pace but he is a solid pickup, and considering we don't have big money to spend this is a very good signing. With Houck as his new line coach I'm sure we will be pleased with the return on a one year signing.
He is know to be a better run blocker then pass blocker and has horrible footwork. Hopefully Houck will fix that!

Ebenezer
03-16-2005, 11:16 AM
LT was always the top priority...without any movement it points to TT or MW taking over at that spot...

Bert102176
03-16-2005, 06:28 PM
were gonna have a crappy year, with the losses of JJ and PW, plus no real signings, thanks TD

Nublar7
03-16-2005, 11:30 PM
Why are you guys upset he signed with Miami? He's horrible. Nobody listens to me, go to a Lions board and ask about Stocker, see what they say. He's OVER RATED. That's why Miami only gave him a one year deal.Of course you would say this. If he signed with Buffalo, he would be God's gift of a RT. I really like the signing and I think he can be a solid RT for us, but I am not going to be a homer and say he is a Pro Bowl RT because he is far from it.

Forward_Lateral
03-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Of course you would say this. If he signed with Buffalo, he would be God's gift of a RT. I really like the signing and I think he can be a solid RT for us, but I am not going to be a homer and say he is a Pro Bowl RT because he is far from it.

No, I wouldn't. I said he was garbage before the Fins signed him. Look it up.

:negrep:

NJFINSFAN1
03-17-2005, 11:56 AM
No, I wouldn't. I said he was garbage before the Fins signed him. Look it up.

:negrep:
Your right, you did! http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/icons/icon12.gif