PDA

View Full Version : Konrad cut....

The King
03-15-2005, 06:16 PM
I dont think anyone has posted this. I always thought he was solid.... we wont look at him I am sure... I see a Patriots logo on his helmet already.

thebuffalobills4
03-15-2005, 06:32 PM
who the h#ll is konrad :question:

NJFINSFAN1
03-15-2005, 06:47 PM
The guy that was always hurt for us and dropped everything throw his way!

Carlton Bailey
03-15-2005, 08:22 PM
The Pats have a better fullback on their roster than Rob Konrad. His name is Patrick Pass.

OpIv37
03-15-2005, 08:24 PM
and they just re-signed Pass too. I wouldn't mind seeing Konrad on the Bills, but we need a DT and LT first.

Carlton Bailey
03-15-2005, 08:26 PM
and they just re-signed Pass too. I wouldn't mind seeing Konrad on the Bills, but we need a DT and LT first.
There's no need for Konrad here unless he can be an option at tight end but I doubt it. Shelton is better than him by far.

Samphin1
03-15-2005, 09:21 PM
There's no need for Konrad here unless he can be an option at tight end but I doubt it. Shelton is better than him by far.

Actually, it is funny you say that because Konrad could be a TE in the Dave Moore, Dallas Clark mold. He is vastly underrated and was underused in Miami. He is from the Boston area so he may end up signing with New England even if ti is for a backup/special teams spot just so he can "go home". I know Tampa was interested as well, but they signed Alstott back so who knows, they may have waned a bit on him.

I am a Konrad fan though and would support him wherever he went, even if it was to the Bills (barf). Kind of like Troy Vincent. I always liked him, even when he signed with the Bills.

Slim
03-15-2005, 10:41 PM

totally agree

clumping platelets
03-15-2005, 11:54 PM
I wouldn't mind adding him. Give him a 2 yr deal. He can play H-B, FB, and RB.

Can a Miami fan tell me how much he played on special teams?

Samphin1
03-16-2005, 02:52 AM

Clumpy, He was on the hands team and may have been on coverage as well, but I am not sure. I know he was used on punting downs quite a bit. Honestly, I think it wouldn't be an issue for him. He kind of got lost in the shuffle in Miami, but you are right, he can play HB, RB and FB if given the options too. He is a team player and has never complained or made excuses for himself. Stand up guy. Sad to see him go, even if it was for the best.

clumping platelets
03-16-2005, 03:08 AM

The King
03-16-2005, 07:09 AM
Thats why I always liked Konrad it was his versatility. He is a little more aggressive than Shelton. I certainly see him more valuable than Burns. Konrad went to St Johns Prep High School literally 5 mins from my house. He was born in NY and went to Cuse' so I dont know why he was going to school at St Johns but... Oh well. Heres his bio.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4692

Tatonka
03-16-2005, 07:11 AM
konrad and shelton would be a great duo at FB.

NJFINSFAN1
03-16-2005, 07:19 AM

He played only when we thought and on side kick was coming. That's all.

He does not have good hands, he drops a ton of passes and is always hurt. I really don't think you want him on special teams, he would be on IR before you could blink.

The one thing he was in college was a good runner, and we never used him that way.

clumping platelets
03-16-2005, 07:23 AM
He played only when we thought and on side kick was coming. That's all.

He does not have good hands, he drops a ton of passes and is always hurt. I really don't think you want him on special teams, he would be on IR before you could blink.

The one thing he was in college was a good runner, and we never used him that way.

Who was the coach? :snicker:

The King
03-16-2005, 07:23 AM

What areas do you think Shelton is better than Konrad? Just out of curiosity...

NJFINSFAN1
03-16-2005, 07:25 AM
Who was the coach? :snicker:
I can see him going someplace and doing well, but he had to leave Miami.

mysticsoto
03-16-2005, 07:50 AM
I kind of prefer not to concentrate on getting another fullback. Neufield can play fullback as well as TE and we have him. I rather keep a roster spot open for an extra O-lineman to fill - whether it's backup OT or other...O-lineman get hurt alot since they are constantly pushing and shoving and falling, etc. We need to ensure we are covered there 1st.