PDA

View Full Version : Let's forget tackle for a moment...

Yasgur's Farm
03-15-2005, 06:43 PM
What 3 players would make up our best interior line?

I'm looking at Gandy>>Teague>>Villarrial.

1) Gandy is a better run blocker.
2) Tucker is too valuable in his back roll for all 3 spots.

If Tucker were the starting LG and Teague came up lame, it would be far more disruptive to move him to center and bring in Gandy at LG.

capitolneal
03-15-2005, 06:50 PM
wishgul thinking jones will be there in the third round... no kicker in the second round please, FA should suffice, remeber tough to kick in Buffalo, but I am in the belief the game is won in the trenches

THATHURMANATOR
03-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Lindell is going to be the kicker next year.

Yasgur's Farm
03-15-2005, 06:54 PM
You're off the topics guys.

ScottLawrence
03-15-2005, 07:13 PM
LG-Tucker, C-Teague, RG-Villarrial

I have not seen Gandy play, so I have no idea what type of player he is.

But based on our roster as of now, we should keep the same 3 interior there unless someone better is signed.

Gandy doesn't seem to me like he is a better player based on his track record then Tucker.

Im still hoping for DeMulling, and a deal for Shelton to get done.

G. Host
03-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Tucker got better and better as year progressed so I want him starting. I think fans got what they wanted - a scrapper, no nonsense, intellegent guard and fail to recognize it. Before I make Teague LT, I make him sign an extension - if he does well (yes I have heard the complaints from when he played for Denver) then the Bills do not waste their time converting him just to look for a new OT next year.

TigerJ
03-15-2005, 08:04 PM
One can make the arguement that Gandy could be as valuable as a tackle/guard backup as Tucker would be a center/guard backup. I don't see any compelling reason yet to change the interior three next season from what they were this past season, though in training camp anything can happen.

G. Host
03-15-2005, 08:15 PM
One can make the arguement that Gandy could be as valuable as a tackle/guard backup as Tucker would be a center/guard backup. I don't see any compelling reason yet to change the interior three next season from what they were this past season, though in training camp anything can happen.

Without Price you can make the argument he is MORE valuable as a swing tackle.

helmetguy
03-15-2005, 08:16 PM
Strength in numbers. We do have possibilities at LT, LG, and yes, C. I'll leave it up to McNally, et al, to come up with the best combination of five up front. That's what he was brought to Buffalo for. In any event, no matter which five fill the spots, they'll have earned it and are prepared to get the job done. With the versatility of guys like Teague, Tucker, and possibly Gandy (so far) whomever takes the starting spots leaves quality depth available if need be.

EDS
03-15-2005, 08:42 PM
Strength in numbers. We do have possibilities at LT, LG, and yes, C. I'll leave it up to McNally, et al, to come up with the best combination of five up front. That's what he was brought to Buffalo for. In any event, no matter which five fill the spots, they'll have earned it and are prepared to get the job done. With the versatility of guys like Teague, Tucker, and possibly Gandy (so far) whomever takes the starting spots leaves quality depth available if need be.

Well said.

Dantheman1280
03-16-2005, 06:51 AM
I dont see the depth, as far as onlinemen. As far as i see it right now, this is just my opinion at tackle we have MW TT and Dylan Mc. At guard we have Lawerce smith, CV,Gandy,Ben Sobeski, and tucker at center/or TT. If anyone of the starters which are not that strong go down we are in alot of trouble! I dont see why we didnt resign Marcus Price, he did a good job filling in, any chance we can still get him?

mysticsoto
03-16-2005, 08:03 AM
I'm hoping for:

Tucker/Smith (LG) Chris Spencer (C) Villarial (RG)

I say Tucker/Smith b'cse Smith made great strides last year - and yes, he wasn't ready and was replaced with Tucker, but with another year behind him, he might be ready now. Unlike some players, Smith has a strong drive and is self motivated. Those usually make the best players. That's why I'm so upbeat about JP also. They are competitors and improve on their own by watching, listening, and doing on their own time - not just during practice!!!