Ed Eillis

Kenyatta Jones

Ethan Brooks

Marcus Spears

Bob Whitfield

Adrian Klemm

Barret Brooks

Jason Matthews

Does anyone know anything about any of these guys?? This does not look good at all! I hope TD has a plan to get shelton or MW has improved vastly . Give me some feedback!
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dantheman1280
    Give me some feedback!
    Here's a feedback - NEGGED.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

Aaron Gibson is a fat pile of goo.

Comment

• gobuffalo2007
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Mar 2005

If thats our choices we are doomed.
        gonna need all the draft picks we can get.

Comment

• Dantheman1280
          I am the Man!
          • Mar 2004

As of right now this is how I see our o-line looking, and it aint pretty!
          LT MW LG Gandy C Tucker RG CV RT TT. Thats ugly! I dont know what Gandy has got, but our only other option at guard is lawerence smith. And our reserve tackle is Dylan Mc.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Matt Willig of Carolina is also an UFA. He is pretty old (35), but could provide depth.

In the restricted market, there are a couple possibilities:

Kevin Barry of GB was tendered at the low level and would require no compensation if signed to a contract GB did not match. He is a big guy (6-4, 335#) that has mostly been a backup for GB in his 3 years, but he was behind some very good players. He has started 7 games in 3 years.

Kyle Kosier of San Francisco could be signed with only a 7th-round pick as compensation. Kosier has started the last couple seasons with SF, and has the flexibility to play both OG and OT. He is 6-5, 305#, and has improved a lot since first breaking into the NFL.

Victor Rogers of Detriot has been a backup for his 3 years in the NFL, but he can be had for only a 7th round pick in compensation. He is a big (6-6, 330#) OT who has hardly played for Detriot, but they thought enough of him to tender him and give him a shot to replace Stockar MacDougle.

Steve Edwards of Chicago would be signed with no compensation. He has size (6-5, 330#) and has started 24 games for Chicago the last couple seasons. He is another guy with flexibility to play both OG and OT.

Obviously, some of these guys aren't the final answer, but they may be young guys that provide more of an option at OT than what is left on the unrestricted market.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

BTW, Adrian Klemm twice won starting jobs with the Patriots in training camp, once as a starting OG and once as a starting RT. However, he has never been able to stay healthy. He ended up on IR 4 out of 5 seasons.

Klemm has some talent, but is probably a little short for LT. He is athletic, coverting from TE to OT in college at Hawaii. He would be worth looking at at OG or RT, as his versatility is a bonus. However, he isn't real reliable because he is always getting hurt.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                Too sober for this...
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by NE39
                Matt Willig of Carolina is also an UFA. He is pretty old (35), but could provide depth.

In the restricted market, there are a couple possibilities:

Kevin Barry of GB was tendered at the low level and would require no compensation if signed to a contract GB did not match. He is a big guy (6-4, 335#) that has mostly been a backup for GB in his 3 years, but he was behind some very good players. He has started 7 games in 3 years.

Kyle Kosier of San Francisco could be signed with only a 7th-round pick as compensation. Kosier has started the last couple seasons with SF, and has the flexibility to play both OG and OT. He is 6-5, 305#, and has improved a lot since first breaking into the NFL.

Victor Rogers of Detriot has been a backup for his 3 years in the NFL, but he can be had for only a 7th round pick in compensation. He is a big (6-6, 330#) OT who has hardly played for Detriot, but they thought enough of him to tender him and give him a shot to replace Stockar MacDougle.

Steve Edwards of Chicago would be signed with no compensation. He has size (6-5, 330#) and has started 24 games for Chicago the last couple seasons. He is another guy with flexibility to play both OG and OT.

Obviously, some of these guys aren't the final answer, but they may be young guys that provide more of an option at OT than what is left on the unrestricted market.
                I get the impression that TD is eyeing some studs O-linemen in the draft to fill in some of the spots. Of course, even if he drafts this way, we still have time once McNally evaluates them to go after more Veterans...and come June 1st, some of these veterans may be cut anyway and be free agents.

I think there's plenty of time, and after the draft, TD will determine what's left and where do we feel we still need some work with veterans...and how much do we have to do so.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                  Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  I get the impression that TD is eyeing some studs O-linemen in the draft to fill in some of the spots. Of course, even if he drafts this way, we still have time once McNally evaluates them to go after more Veterans...and come June 1st, some of these veterans may be cut anyway and be free agents.

I think there's plenty of time, and after the draft, TD will determine what's left and where do we feel we still need some work with veterans...and how much do we have to do so.
                  Thank you. An intelligient O-line post.

God give me style and give me grace
                  God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Well, Jonas Jennings was a little short for tackle too. Overal, I don't see a thing that is an obvious upgrade over what Buffalo can put on the field from it's own roster. It's time for Jim McNally to earn his money.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• nolimit
                      Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
                      • Aug 2003

Victor riley is the best tackle available. He came in for a visit a fe wyears back, i believe on the sma eday trey teague came into town. We ended up signing teague insted cuz victor wanted too much money. He is worth a look again.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

Gibson is about 800 pounds. The Lions drafted him with high expectations, and found out that 6-8 450 pounders can't move very well...go figure.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                          • Apr 2004

The o-line stats on NFL.com are useless.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by nolimit
                            Victor riley is the best tackle available. He came in for a visit a fe wyears back, i believe on the sma eday trey teague came into town. We ended up signing teague insted cuz victor wanted too much money. He is worth a look again.
                            He is garbage. Victor Riley is not the best tackle available. He is 1 of the worst. We better stay as far away from Riley as possible.

On another note, we are not going to get a LT in the draft that can start this year. Its damn near impossible to do so. Heck Ogden, Pace and Gallery couldn't start at LT there 1st year what would make you think that any of these guys could?
                            Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• bigbub2352
                              • Feb 2005

I think that Tre Teague is moving out to left tackle Ross Tucker is moving to center right side stays the same they address LG with either Gandy (probably not) and they will try and get David Baas or Adam Terry or ben Wilkenson to fill void
                              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                              X