PDA

View Full Version : Redskins target defense

Gunzlingr
03-16-2005, 08:23 AM
The Washington Redskins are making a strong play for a pair of recently released defensive players and could have both signed by week's end.

Former Cleveland Browns defensive end Courtney Brown, the 2000 draft's No. 1 overall pick, is considering Washington as one of his two top suitors, while former Buffalo Bills safety Pierson Prioleau already may have reached an agreement in principle to join the Redskins.

The pursuit of the two players sends a message about the Redskins' continued desire to upgrade in the wake of a rocky start to free agency.

In the market's first week, Washington traded away No. 1 wide receiver Laveranues Coles and lost linebacker Antonio Pierce and cornerback Fred Smoot to higher-bidding teams. Coach Joe Gibbs said the club would monitor other team's cuts and "pinpoint" certain players, which he now is doing.

Neither Brown nor Prioleau necessarily would start, but both would be significant additions to Gregg Williams' defense, the NFL's reigning third-ranked unit. Williams uses a variety of players and formations, and reserves can be crucial contributors

more (http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20050315-113848-4766r.htm)

OpIv37
03-16-2005, 08:29 AM
Prioleau will be starting next year when they have to cut half their roster to stay under the cap.

mysticsoto
03-16-2005, 08:36 AM
I think Defense is important, but they need and should be working on offense - their defense is fine...I'm not sure that Santana Moss is going to be anything fantastic...they'll probably draft Alex Barron OT at the draft and use the draft to help their offense.

Bill Brasky
03-16-2005, 09:03 AM
former Buffalo Bills safety Pierson Prioleau already may have reached an agreement in principle to join the Redskins.

I bet he's paid 3x more than Takeo :funny:

mysticsoto
03-16-2005, 09:05 AM
I think Defense is important, but they need and should be working on offense - their defense is fine...I'm not sure that Santana Moss is going to be anything fantastic...they'll probably draft Alex Barron OT at the draft and use the draft to help their offense.
Actually, I'll correct myself. They probably need a Guard more than a Tackle - so I could see them taking Baas...

Michael82
03-16-2005, 09:57 AM
I bet he's paid 3x more than Takeo :funny:
I wouldn't be suprised. Damn it and I wanted him back. :mad: