• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NJFINSFAN1
    NJ In The House
    • Nov 2004

Question For Bills Fans!

I'm not hear to talk trash. Just ask a question. Now I know you guys have a sore spot for Bledsoe, but let me ask you this.

The Pats have and are going thru many changes losing both OC and DC and some long time team players with G Joe Andruzzi,WR Troy Brown,CB Ty Law among others leaving.

The Jets always seem to be in turmoil and now have Fiedler backing up Chad, and lost DT Jason Ferguson and OT Kareem McKenzie. And the Jets will always be the Jets in my mind.

The Fins are rebuilding and being a Fin fan I think Saban is doing a great job so far. But we are not there yet!

The Division could be yours for the taking, would you have rather have kept Bledsoe and started him knowing what you know now about the division. And have JP as the backup and use him if Bledsoe gets in a bad streak.

Or start a 1st year QB in JP knowing that you have three tough defenses in the division that you know will confuse and throw everything they got at him? Which could get you in an early hole like last year that you could not dig out of?

PS

I like Holcomb and think that was a very good pickup!

Time To Ski!
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

My concern lies with Losmans durability this season. The defenses in our Division are getting bigger. Losman is going to be going head to head with a lot of smart, strong guys and I just dont think Losman is smart enough to get the hell out of the way. I think he maybe trying to prove that he is as good as the QB's in his class, instead of just playing his game. Thats my only concern. We all know Bledsoe can take a beating. I said from the get go I wanted Drew here one more year though soo....
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Honestly, I don't think Bledsoe would be any better than Losman. He was constantly confused by blitz schemes, and while he had some success against the Dolphins and Jets last year, the Pats will continue to be able to get into his head. JP definitely has an uphill battle but he has a chance to improve- Bledsoe's improvement was marginal at best and he's too old to be the future of this team. Drew's biggest problem was that he couldn't win the big game- I doubt we'd ever win the division with him because doing so would require at least 2-3 big victories and at least 1 over the pats.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Willis!
        • Mar 2005

Hate to give a safe answer, but only time will tell. I'm confident in Loseman. I don't think Drew was THAT bad, but he's not the type to carry a team either. We'll just have to see.

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
          NJ In The House
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
          My concern lies with Losmans durability this season. The defenses in our Division are getting bigger. Losman is going to be going head to head with a lot of smart, strong guys and I just dont think Losman is smart enough to get the hell out of the way. I think he maybe trying to prove that he is as good as the QB's in his class, instead of just playing his game. Thats my only concern. We all know Bledsoe can take a beating. I said from the get go I wanted Drew here one more year though soo....
          I can see your point, Loseman is a cocky kid. But I also like Holcomb as a QB, but I think holding onto Bledsoe as a starter or a backup for his knowledge might have helped JP.

Time To Ski!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

To add to what I said before- I'm not truly comfortable entering the season with a QB who is essentially a rookie (he has no starts and only played a few quarters of garbage time). But the team was stagnant with Drew and something had to be done to move forward.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by NJFINSFAN1
              I can see your point, Loseman is a cocky kid. But I also like Holcomb as a QB, but I think holding onto Bledsoe as a starter or a backup for his knowledge might have helped JP.
              I would have liked him to stay on as a back-up/mentor, but apparently he was offered that role and refused. He wanted to start and probably already knew Parcells had an opening for him.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Willis!
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                To add to what I said before- I'm not truly comfortable entering the season with a QB who is essentially a rookie (he has no starts and only played a few quarters of garbage time). But the team was stagnant with Drew and something had to be done to move forward.
                Good point. All's is pretty much the same on O, so we'd probably expect the same level of play as we say last season. Except Willis and Evans will have some experience...

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
                  NJ In The House
                  • Nov 2004

I would have liked him to stay on as a back-up/mentor, but apparently he was offered that role and refused. He wanted to start and probably already knew Parcells had an opening for him.
                  I see your point. It should be an exciting year with the Pats dropping a little, but you can never count them out, and with a Fin team I think is getting better everyday with Saban's signings. The problem I see is all AFC east teams beat the hell out of each other and really have no give me games within the Division.

Time To Ski!

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                    Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                    • Jul 2002

I think 9-7, 10-6 is about the best we could have hoped for out of Bledsoe. We weren't going to win the Super Bowl. He didn't bring much to the table except the long ball.

With Losman, we know he'll have some growing pains, but his ceiling is very high and we feel he will develop as the season progresses. If we suffer a dropoff at QB, it won't be very much.

God give me style and give me grace
                    God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

L-O-S-M-A-N

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
                        L-O-S-M-A-N
                        You beat me too it.

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

I think the Jets go 10-6, Patsys go 11-5, Dolphins go 6-10, and Buffalo go's 10-6 with 2 wins over the Phins and 1 a piece from NE and NY. But this is really optimistic huh?

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                            I think the Jets go 10-6, Patsys go 11-5, Dolphins go 6-10, and Buffalo go's 10-6 with 2 wins over the Phins and 1 a piece from NE and NY. But this is really optimistic huh?
                            10-6 is optimistic. 1 win from NE is optimistic. 2 wins over the Fish is possible but far from a guarantee. The Dolphins are rebuilding and won't have a good year, but they're not as bad as they were in '04 and they always play us tough cuz of the rivalry.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

10-6 is optimistic. 1 win from NE is optimistic. 2 wins over the Fish is possible but far from a guarantee. The Dolphins are rebuilding and won't have a good year, but they're not as bad as they were in '04 and they always play us tough cuz of the rivalry.
                              I forgot the Drew factor, we should go 16-0. JK

Comment

Working...
                              X