PDA

View Full Version : Question For Bills Fans!

NJFINSFAN1
03-16-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm not hear to talk trash. Just ask a question. Now I know you guys have a sore spot for Bledsoe, but let me ask you this.

The Pats have and are going thru many changes losing both OC and DC and some long time team players with G Joe Andruzzi,WR Troy Brown,CB Ty Law among others leaving.

The Jets always seem to be in turmoil and now have Fiedler backing up Chad, and lost DT Jason Ferguson and OT Kareem McKenzie. And the Jets will always be the Jets in my mind.

The Fins are rebuilding and being a Fin fan I think Saban is doing a great job so far. But we are not there yet!

The Division could be yours for the taking, would you have rather have kept Bledsoe and started him knowing what you know now about the division. And have JP as the backup and use him if Bledsoe gets in a bad streak.

Or start a 1st year QB in JP knowing that you have three tough defenses in the division that you know will confuse and throw everything they got at him? Which could get you in an early hole like last year that you could not dig out of?

PS

I like Holcomb and think that was a very good pickup!

The King
03-16-2005, 12:13 PM
My concern lies with Losmans durability this season. The defenses in our Division are getting bigger. Losman is going to be going head to head with a lot of smart, strong guys and I just dont think Losman is smart enough to get the hell out of the way. I think he maybe trying to prove that he is as good as the QB's in his class, instead of just playing his game. Thats my only concern. We all know Bledsoe can take a beating. I said from the get go I wanted Drew here one more year though soo....

OpIv37
03-16-2005, 12:16 PM
Honestly, I don't think Bledsoe would be any better than Losman. He was constantly confused by blitz schemes, and while he had some success against the Dolphins and Jets last year, the Pats will continue to be able to get into his head. JP definitely has an uphill battle but he has a chance to improve- Bledsoe's improvement was marginal at best and he's too old to be the future of this team. Drew's biggest problem was that he couldn't win the big game- I doubt we'd ever win the division with him because doing so would require at least 2-3 big victories and at least 1 over the pats.

Willis!
03-16-2005, 12:16 PM
Hate to give a safe answer, but only time will tell. I'm confident in Loseman. I don't think Drew was THAT bad, but he's not the type to carry a team either. We'll just have to see.

NJFINSFAN1
03-16-2005, 12:20 PM
My concern lies with Losmans durability this season. The defenses in our Division are getting bigger. Losman is going to be going head to head with a lot of smart, strong guys and I just dont think Losman is smart enough to get the hell out of the way. I think he maybe trying to prove that he is as good as the QB's in his class, instead of just playing his game. Thats my only concern. We all know Bledsoe can take a beating. I said from the get go I wanted Drew here one more year though soo....
I can see your point, Loseman is a cocky kid. But I also like Holcomb as a QB, but I think holding onto Bledsoe as a starter or a backup for his knowledge might have helped JP.

OpIv37
03-16-2005, 12:21 PM
To add to what I said before- I'm not truly comfortable entering the season with a QB who is essentially a rookie (he has no starts and only played a few quarters of garbage time). But the team was stagnant with Drew and something had to be done to move forward.

OpIv37
03-16-2005, 12:22 PM
I can see your point, Loseman is a cocky kid. But I also like Holcomb as a QB, but I think holding onto Bledsoe as a starter or a backup for his knowledge might have helped JP.

I would have liked him to stay on as a back-up/mentor, but apparently he was offered that role and refused. He wanted to start and probably already knew Parcells had an opening for him.

Willis!
03-16-2005, 12:23 PM
To add to what I said before- I'm not truly comfortable entering the season with a QB who is essentially a rookie (he has no starts and only played a few quarters of garbage time). But the team was stagnant with Drew and something had to be done to move forward.
Good point. All's is pretty much the same on O, so we'd probably expect the same level of play as we say last season. Except Willis and Evans will have some experience...

NJFINSFAN1
03-16-2005, 12:27 PM
I would have liked him to stay on as a back-up/mentor, but apparently he was offered that role and refused. He wanted to start and probably already knew Parcells had an opening for him.
I see your point. It should be an exciting year with the Pats dropping a little, but you can never count them out, and with a Fin team I think is getting better everyday with Saban's signings. The problem I see is all AFC east teams beat the hell out of each other and really have no give me games within the Division.

Dicknoze69
03-16-2005, 12:49 PM
I think 9-7, 10-6 is about the best we could have hoped for out of Bledsoe. We weren't going to win the Super Bowl. He didn't bring much to the table except the long ball.

With Losman, we know he'll have some growing pains, but his ceiling is very high and we feel he will develop as the season progresses. If we suffer a dropoff at QB, it won't be very much.

The Spaz
03-16-2005, 02:03 PM
L-O-S-M-A-N

jamze132
03-16-2005, 02:50 PM
L-O-S-M-A-N
You beat me too it.

jamze132
03-16-2005, 02:52 PM
I think the Jets go 10-6, Patsys go 11-5, Dolphins go 6-10, and Buffalo go's 10-6 with 2 wins over the Phins and 1 a piece from NE and NY. But this is really optimistic huh?

OpIv37
03-16-2005, 02:57 PM
I think the Jets go 10-6, Patsys go 11-5, Dolphins go 6-10, and Buffalo go's 10-6 with 2 wins over the Phins and 1 a piece from NE and NY. But this is really optimistic huh?

10-6 is optimistic. 1 win from NE is optimistic. 2 wins over the Fish is possible but far from a guarantee. The Dolphins are rebuilding and won't have a good year, but they're not as bad as they were in '04 and they always play us tough cuz of the rivalry.

jamze132
03-16-2005, 03:16 PM
10-6 is optimistic. 1 win from NE is optimistic. 2 wins over the Fish is possible but far from a guarantee. The Dolphins are rebuilding and won't have a good year, but they're not as bad as they were in '04 and they always play us tough cuz of the rivalry.
I forgot the Drew factor, we should go 16-0. JK :funny:

Novacane
03-16-2005, 04:43 PM
The Division could be yours for the taking, would you have rather have kept Bledsoe and started him knowing what you know now about the division. pickup!

HELL NO!!!!!!!

DynaPaul
03-16-2005, 05:08 PM
I definitely feel better with Losman. Bledsoe hit a plateau in his play a long time ago and it was apparent that he'd never be good enough to take the team all the way. The killer was Bledsoe's inability to not make rookie mistakes. At least with Losman we have some hope, young blood, and a guy willing to learn and improve his game.

jamze132
03-16-2005, 05:10 PM
I definitely feel better with Losman. Bledsoe hit a plateau in his play a long time ago and it was apparent that he'd never be good enough to take the team all the way. The killer was Bledsoe's inability to not make rookie mistakes. At least with Losman we have some hope, young blood, and a guy willing to learn and improve his game.
HOPE!!!! Indeed we do have hope! :dance:

mybills
03-17-2005, 06:22 AM
Drew who?

Losman will be fine! :up:

chubluv
03-17-2005, 10:55 AM
We cant say anything bad or good about JP we havent seen him play a down yet as a starter! So stop being so pessimistic about him being bad or cocky or trying to be good as the rest of the QB's that were drafted last year before him. Let him go out and play his game. Thats why this is a team game there are 10 others on the field with him. Together they can do it we shouldnt jump all over him or them !!!!

R. Rich
03-17-2005, 10:58 AM
To think the AFC East is 'ours for the taking' is to underestimate the entire New England organization. That would be a huge mistake. Do I think the Bills can compete for the AFC East this year? Sure, so could the other teams. Nothing is in the bag, though. How could it be? It's only March!

NJFINSFAN1
03-17-2005, 12:01 PM
To think the AFC East is 'ours for the taking' is to underestimate the entire New England organization. That would be a huge mistake. Do I think the Bills can compete for the AFC East this year? Sure, so could the other teams. Nothing is in the bag, though. How could it be? It's only March!
Don't get me wrong, i never underestimate NE, but they have taken some hits and the door has opened some. I was just wondering if you guys thought it would have been better going in with an experinced QB or someone that never started.

But now watching what has happened so far to your O-line, maybe having Losman who can move will be better then Drew who cannot!

mybills
03-17-2005, 01:37 PM
F*** NE!