PDA

View Full Version : Edge re-signs with Indy

Bill Brasky
03-16-2005, 02:29 PM
James signs franchise tender with Colts
By John Clayton, ESPN.com

Colts halfback Edgerrin James shocked the team Wednesday by signing his one-year, $8.081 million tender as a franchise player.

James, who has been given permission to shop his services, now would be fined if he holds out of training camp. There has been a limited trade market this offseason for veteran halfback. The Bucs, Cardinals and Dolphins are the three main teams looking to find a new featured back.

James rushed for 1,548 yards (fourth most in the NFL) and nine touchdowns last season, and also caught 51 passes for 483 yards.

For the Colts, this is great news because it gives them the confidence that James will be with the team this year unless they get the right trade offer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2014597

ryven
03-16-2005, 02:32 PM
Well it might help out us getting rid of henry

Willis!
03-16-2005, 02:32 PM
Hope this helps out our Henry situation.

Dozerdog
03-16-2005, 02:34 PM
Not a big deal.......the deadline for players to sign their franchise tags was 3 PM est today. If they didn't sign, there is a 4 month negotiating blackout.

Signing the tag makes it easier to get a trade done. Plus, Edge wants to guarantee at least $8 million for his services this year.

Bill Brasky
03-16-2005, 02:45 PM

Welcome to the zone! :posrep:

Dozerdog
03-16-2005, 03:10 PM
How rude of me- :welcome:

If Edge goes back to the Colts, I think it hurts the Henry situation. If Edge gets traded then I would think the Colts will find themselves calling the Bills for a decent RB at that price. ...in salary and in what the Bills would ask. Let's say Arizona gives up the 44th pick in the draft- i could see the colts giving the Bills a late 2 or more likely a 3rd round pick for Henry.

Maybe a late 3rd or 4th and a backup RB like Mungro.

Throne Logic
03-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Edge wants to guarantee at least $8 million for his services this year.

Yeah, that's rough, ain't it?

I didn't think Indy could actually afford him to sign that deal. Are they going to be able to make through the draft and whatever else they have left to do without cutting more players?

I'm thinking you're right Dozer. This makes trading him easier.

Still dreaming about that Buff, Indy, AZ threeway . . . :pray:

Bill Brasky
03-16-2005, 08:10 PM
Still dreaming about that Buff, Indy, AZ threeway . . . :pray:

Hey, this is a family place.

Slim
03-16-2005, 09:37 PM
Hey, this is a family place.

hahaha