PDA

View Full Version : Where will Henry end up?

jpdex12
03-16-2005, 08:21 PM
We all know as it looks now, Henry is backing up WM in 2005. At this point right now, keeping some RB's in the draft in mind, there are still some possibilites for Henry. Below are some possibilities that I thought about:

Miami- still in the mix. Brown/Benson/Williams are decent drafts but I can see Saban trading down to grab more bang for his buck and always banking on trading for Henry who he knows the Bills are stuck with until an offer comes along. TD has not ruled out a Miami either.

Browns- Suggs is close to Henry's size and he seems fragile. Not to say that Henry hasn't had his shares of injuries. This is an interesting look as the Browns may take a QB in round one or a defender and I don't know if Crennel is sold on Suggs. Henry has the track record for 1,000 yard seasons.

Colts- Resigned Edge so if they don't trade him then Henry isn't a possibility.

Jags- Taylor is getting old. He is a heavier back than Henry (Taylor-6'1" 234lbs), but Henry might be an interesting back to put into that offense.

Panthers- Coach Fox had Tiki on his team in NY. Henry and Tiki are similar in size and Foster and Davis are coming off of serious injuries. I think that the Panthers will be in the market for a RB. Foster is closer to Henry's size and he had success in that offense before his injury.

Bucs- They could be interested in Henry but most likely will end up with a draft pick RB in round 1.

Cards- Ditto!

49ers- I thought that they could be a serious player for Henry when the time arose with the mixed emotions in Barlow and his heart, but after seeing that they didn't hack him from their roster and gave him his $8 million roster bonus, it's safe to say that the Niners are out of it.

Seahawks- If they trade Alexander, and don't get into the top 8 picks with the first rounder that they get, they could be interested in Henry. I see the same thing happening to Alexander that just happened to Edge. Just sign the contract Shawn!

Anyone have anything to add?

HurryUpTom
03-16-2005, 08:27 PM
I think he'll end up in Buffalo. I believe that one of the reasons he's not in Arizona is that they couldn't agree on a contract extension. I think Lamont Jordan got something like $5 mil/yr, so my guess is that without a lot of money, Henry plays it out and becomes a free agent next season. I don't think teams want to give up full value in draft picks and full free agent money to get a running back. They'd be happy to do one, or the other, but not both.

jpdex12
03-16-2005, 08:39 PM
I think he'll end up in Buffalo. I believe that one of the reasons he's not in Arizona is that they couldn't agree on a contract extension. I think Lamont Jordan got something like $5 mil/yr, so my guess is that without a lot of money, Henry plays it out and becomes a free agent next season. I don't think teams want to give up full value in draft picks and full free agent money to get a running back. They'd be happy to do one, or the other, but not both.It's a tough call for Henry to make because Jordan didn't play much more than he did last year but he ended up getting a nice contract from Oakland. Henry must be really depressed because he has the 1,000 yard seasons on his resume and Jordan doesn't. Just because Henry has had three injuries that he played through two of them he gets it stuck to him and has to prove himself all over again. He may not get the chance if Willis stays healthy. I think that he gets moved during the draft just like Najeh Davenport.

Ickybaluky
03-16-2005, 08:49 PM
The Browns might be off the list.

They already have Lee Suggs and now have signed Chester Taylor to a 1-year/$3M offer sheet. It would be a surprise if Baltimore matched that, considering their other needs.

Sportsuser101
03-16-2005, 08:52 PM
I think Henry ends up in Arizona in the end. I think it will happen at draft day. Once Green sees that the big 3 RBs are gone I think he will make the deal.

Shelton and a conditional 2006 5th round pick and can move up to a 3rd round pick if Henry rushes for 1200 yards.

Dozerdog
03-16-2005, 08:54 PM
I think he will end up either in Buffalo or Indianapolis.

Even if he refuses to extend his deal beyond the 1 year, I think the Colts will take him if Edge gets traded.

McBFLO
03-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Why didnt we go after Chester Taylor. He'd be a good backup for Willis. Well, I guess I know why we didn't- Henry. Honestly, at this point I would be happy with a 5th rounder for him (even thought TD would never go for that).

jpdex12
03-16-2005, 08:57 PM
I think Henry ends up in Arizona in the end. I think it will happen at draft day. Once Green sees that the big 3 RBs are gone I think he will make the deal.

Shelton and a conditional 2006 5th round pick and can move up to a 3rd round pick if Henry rushes for 1200 yards.So who do you think will get the big three RB's before the Cards and you don't think that they will take a stab at Alexander?

Dozerdog
03-16-2005, 08:59 PM
Alexander won't be traded within the division.

If Edge goes anywhere- I'd say the Cards for the 44th pick in the draft

jpdex12
03-16-2005, 08:59 PM
Why didnt we go after Chester Taylor. He'd be a good backup for Willis. Well, I guess I know why we didn't- Henry. Honestly, at this point I would be happy with a 5th rounder for him (even thought TD would never go for that).Even if we grabbed a fourth rounder for him we could use it for trading for Davenport and we would still have a fourth rounder left for other needs. TD would never go for this. He will wait it out until someone is in real need for a RB and trade him for a better pay off. That's his style.

jpdex12
03-16-2005, 09:00 PM
The Browns might be off the list.

They already have Lee Suggs and now have signed Chester Taylor to a 1-year/$3M offer sheet. It would be a surprise if Baltimore matched that, considering their other needs.When did this happen?

HurryUpTom
03-16-2005, 09:00 PM
Why didnt we go after Chester Taylor. He'd be a good backup for Willis. Well, I guess I know why we didn't- Henry. Honestly, at this point I would be happy with a 5th rounder for him (even thought TD would never go for that).
I don't think we need a $3 mil backup RB. I also agree with you that until we get rid of Henry, we won't look at any other RB's. It wouldn't make sense to go into next season with 3 high profile ball carriers without anyone to block for them (and if we sign another $1 mil+ RB, it makes it that much less likely that we'll sign an OL).

sdbillsfan1
03-16-2005, 09:01 PM
T.H. will most likely remain a Bill. At least for one more season ! It looks like the only teams that really need help in the backfield all have draft picks in the first round.
(Az. Tampa, and Miami ) IMO it would make no sense to trade for Henry when they can draft a young stud long term and let them grow as they each rebuild there teams !
Lets face it Henry didn't do much last season with W.M. taking over. It's a what have you done lately as far as the other teams are concerned ! Didn't the Bills sign a former Bronco last year who didn't pan out ? where is he today ? Face it Henry is really that attractive enough for anybody to make a serious offer for! sad but true!

Ickybaluky
03-16-2005, 09:11 PM
When did this happen?

link (http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=117&p=2&c=360698)

Throne Logic
03-16-2005, 09:18 PM
I think he'll end up in Buffalo. I believe that one of the reasons he's not in Arizona is that they couldn't agree on a contract extension. I think Lamont Jordan got something like $5 mil/yr, so my guess is that without a lot of money, Henry plays it out and becomes a free agent next season. I don't think teams want to give up full value in draft picks and full free agent money to get a running back. They'd be happy to do one, or the other, but not both.

About the contract extention. Somewhere around draft time this issue might come up again. TD is going to go to TH and re-offer the trade option. TH is going to think (and I realize it'll take a long time, this thinking part) and realize that he's going to either take the trade or remain a backup in poor standing. At that point, I bet he takes the trade. I just hope the situation comes around again.

HurryUpTom
03-16-2005, 09:23 PM
About the contract extention. Somewhere around draft time this issue might come up again. TD is going to go to TH and re-offer the trade option. TH is going to think (and I realize it'll take a long time, this thinking part) and realize that he's going to either take the trade or remain a backup in poor standing. At that point, I bet he takes the trade. I just hope the situation comes around again.
We won't know until it happens, but these are the options, in order of Henry's preference, as I think Henry and his agent will look at it:
- get traded and negotiate an extension
- get traded to a good team (Seattle or Indy) and don't get an extension. Hope that one season in this offense will cause the team to commit after the season or open more doors.
- stay in Buffalo
- get traded to a bad team and don't negotiate. Take the risk that Henry's earning power takes a hit because of his team's poor performance/blocking.

I don't see Seattle or Indy trading for Henry so I don't see Henry moving.

Dicknoze69
03-16-2005, 09:44 PM

Shelton and a conditional 2006 5th round pick and can move up to a 3rd round pick if Henry rushes for 1200 yards.

That's what I'm hoping for. I think the big 3 RBs are gone, Green sees a bunch of names in the 2nd/3rd round he likes but not as a starter right away, and he panics.

Sportsuser101
03-16-2005, 10:30 PM
So who do you think will get the big three RB's before the Cards and you don't think that they will take a stab at Alexander?
I say Brown goes to the Dolphins. Benson to the Bears. Cadillac to the Bucs.

kevinj22
03-16-2005, 10:40 PM
I feel that TH will definitely be traded on draft day because we would be crazy to just let him walk away and get nothing for him.

Throne Logic
03-16-2005, 11:30 PM
Something that I'm actually still not too clear on:

Henry said he wants the extention to play for AZ, right? Why would that prevent a trade? I find it hard to believe that he'd have some sort of no trade clause. What am I missing here? Is it just an attitude thing?

If AZ wanted that extention then I'd understand. But it was apparently TH that "required" it. Trade his butt and let him prove that he deserves a long term contract. Maybe I'm just tired but I don't get it.

HurryUpTom
03-17-2005, 07:25 AM
Something that I'm actually still not too clear on:

Henry said he wants the extention to play for AZ, right? Why would that prevent a trade? I find it hard to believe that he'd have some sort of no trade clause. What am I missing here? Is it just an attitude thing?

If AZ wanted that extention then I'd understand. But it was apparently TH that "required" it. Trade his butt and let him prove that he deserves a long term contract. Maybe I'm just tired but I don't get it.
I believe that Henry's agent is the one that is looking into the trades. I didn't think Tom was actively shopping him but gave Henry and his crew permission to seek out a trade. If that's the case, then that's why no extension will lead to no deal.

BillsFanCupp38
03-17-2005, 10:22 AM
I am almost 100% positive that Henry is going to back up McGahee. It just seems that TD is asking too much for him, but i think he is asking for a reasonable price. Henry is a starter in this league and is worth a second or even a late 1st round pick. He is a durable back that plays through injuries and deserves good money for his talent. If Henry was a free agent he would be signing a huge contract somewhere, but since hes trying to be traded no one wants to fork over what it takes to obtain him.