Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlton Bailey

Anyone fed up?

After seeing the Lions sign Demulling at a 2 yr deal today, I damn near snapped. Why would the Bills let such a good player get away especially when the line is our biggest area of need? We pretty much have an offensive line that it is shambles right now and it may be the worst line, on paper, that the Bills have had in quite some time. Mike Gandy is a nice depth player but I don't want him starting. They let Womack get away, McDougle get away, Demulling, Wahle, and Rivera get away. I usually trust TD but I question what he's doing this off-season. I really wonder if his heart is in it considering he is a lame duck GM at the moment. I've heard nothing about extending Clements' contract or McGee's or anything really beneficial to our team. TD just keeps sitting there and releasing guys to make cap room for God knows what.
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

I'm concerned but am taking a wait-and-see approach... As most point out, if we knew more than TD, we'd be running an NFL squad...

Comment

• juice
      • Aug 2003

TD's O-line decisions have been questionable at best.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• HurryUpTom
        • Mar 2005

I'm more fed up with the last 4 seasons of missing the playoffs than I am with the last 4 weeks of us not signing anyone.

Comment

• Marvelous
          • Feb 2004

Well i have a few oppinions about our current state and demulling/ free agents etc.

-Demulling- Maybe he wanted too much money. Do we know what TD offered and what he accepted in Detroit? I'm with ya. I really wanted him ESP since he is young and coming off his rookie contract...

IMO- Our line is not as bad as Drew made it look!

-Lame with free agents- We are not alone, many teams are not active. but we have cap problems coming up. I want to upgrade the o-line and DT and backup RB but i look at all the stars on our team and can't help but wonder if we will have a purge like the Titans did.

-everything is A-OK with me if we long term Clements. That will be a Champ Bailey type contract. I have been tellking all my local buds that i think Clements will want & get the highest paid CB. Not looking good , we know how TD likes to to that./roll eyes

-I woulda like to get a true center in a trade for Henry. Maybe a C and a 5th or something. Teague at LT could be ok if we have a good C. A noobie C with a rook QB = UTOH!
          GO BILLS!!! NE
          Magical Trevor

Comment

• Sportsuser101
            • Feb 2005

The Ravens who have a good chunk of cap space thought DeMulling was wanting too much so chances are if the Ravens thought that way then TD obviously did.

Compared to alot of other teams in the league we are in good shape for the cap and for the talent on our team.

The 1 thing I really wanted this offseason was to get Clements signed long term. I will be disappointed if that does not happen. I really think that the Shelton deal is still on the table. Just got a gut feeling about it but either way I trust McNally and his judgement.
            Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Throne Logic
              Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
              I really think that the Shelton deal is still on the table. Just got a gut feeling about it but either way I trust McNally and his judgement.
              More like it's under the table. . .
              Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Marvelous
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                Compared to alot of other teams in the league we are in good shape for the cap and for the talent on our team.

The 1 thing I really wanted this offseason was to get Clements signed long term. I will be disappointed if that does not happen. I really think that the Shelton deal is still on the table. Just got a gut feeling about it but either way I trust McNally and his judgement.
                It's amazing all the high profile players we have and we are not 10 mill over like Miami is every year. TD is hands down the best capologist. his player selections might be suspect but there's nobody i trust more when it comes to the cap. I also think that his hands were tied with Moulds. Moulds is my favorite Bills player ever but im thinking he is greedy. That extension is just scary looking. But it was all TD could do.
                GO BILLS!!! NE
                Magical Trevor

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

i'm fed up with donahoe NOT addressing the OL.it's been in shambles since he got here and he's wasting draft picks on QB's and WR's.

WTF?????
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                    i'm fed up with donahoe NOT addressing the OL.it's been in shambles since he got here and he's wasting draft picks on QB's and WR's.

WTF?????

Exactly. Why does he keep wasting picks on big time offensive skill position players like McGahee and Evans and pro bowl corners like Clements.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

I'm disappointed. Our fate is in the hands of unknown factors.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                        • May 2003

The way TD is setting up this team, to me, it looks like he is positioning himself for next year.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                          • Feb 2005

Just remember what TD said about Free Agency being from March until July. Could he just be waiting to make the right moves?

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

I was fine until I saw the contract.... 2 years for $4.5 million...

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by EDS
                              Exactly. Why does he keep wasting picks on big time offensive skill position players like McGahee and Evans and pro bowl corners like Clements.
                              What a moron TD is! I'd much rather have Shaud Williams, Josh Reed and Kevin Thomas as my starters!
                              Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

Working...
                              X