• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

I only see one loss here..

Of all these pre season games, I think we'll lose the first and win the other 3.

Indy-away
    GreenBay-home
    Bears-away
    Lions-home

What do you think?
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!
  • EDS
    • Jan 2003

Wins and losses in preseason games are virtually meaningless because the first two games are for evaluating talent, the third game is to give the projected starters a quarter or two to get acclimated and the last game is to avoid injury.

Comment

• R. Rich
      • Apr 2003

I think mybills started celebrating St Patrick's Day early.

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

Oh brother...it's just something to talk about.
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• R. Rich
          • Apr 2003

It's like EDS said; who cares if they lose every preseason game? The Vikings, when Dennis Green was their coach, would routinely win their preseason games, but what did it get them? The ony thing that matters is getting to view your draftees and free agent signings and hoping they show some promise.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

and the Bills did terribly in preseason under Marv Levy because he didn't care about winning those games. He used them to make personnel desicions and improve the product on the field, not scrapping for meaningless victories.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              and the Bills did terribly in preseason under Marv Levy because he didn't care about winning those games. He used them to make personnel desicions and improve the product on the field, not scrapping for meaningless victories.
              AMEN.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Sabre Ally
                • Jul 2002

Why Indy? Why not just throw in Minnesota instead so we can play the entire NFCN? lol

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

Depends on what coaches of both teams in each game want to accomplish. Sometimes coaches of losing teams (from the previous season) place a priority on winning in the preseason in order to create a more positive climate. If the other coach merely wants to look at a lot of players, his team is liable to lose.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• helmetguy
                    Touch the helmet for luck
                    • Sep 2002

I get a little nervous if we have a winning pre-season record.
                    Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                    And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Derrrr...

Comment

• Shiny Chicken
                        Shinier than your mom
                        • Jul 2002

I agree with the consensus here. I really don't care which ones we win as long as no one gets hurt and the team is given a chance to make good personelle decisions.

Comment

• jamze132
                          • Jun 2003

If we are not winning games, it may mean that we have no depth whatsoever. But it doesn't always mean that. I don't look at wins/losses in the preseason. Whats important to me is if our offense can put up some points and minimize the mistakes. On defense, I don't want to see a lot of stupid penalties and starters making bonehead plays. I want to see the kicker making fieldgoals and the punter putting the ball in the general vicinity of it's intended location. I want to see the coaches call a good game depending on the situation. I don't like to see us run the ball when theres 9 guys in the box. Call the proper play according to the situation. But if we execute. we win. If we don't execute, we lose.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

No tem has ever won a Super Bowl after an 0-4 pre-season. All we need is 1 win. Other than that, every key player must stay healthy. Last year we were decimated in pre-season when Milloy went down and Henry got hurt and never recovered.

Comment

• RetroRaiders81
                              Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace
                              • Mar 2005

Pre-season don't mean anything. Last year the raiders were 3-1(should have been 4-0) And finished 5-11 on the season. But let's not forget they were 2-1 before Gannon was injured.
                              The Houston Retro Raiders.

Comment

Working...
                              X