PDA

View Full Version : I only see one loss here..

mybills
03-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Of all these pre season games, I think we'll lose the first and win the other 3.

Indy-away
GreenBay-home
Bears-away
Lions-home

What do you think?

EDS
03-17-2005, 08:10 AM
Wins and losses in preseason games are virtually meaningless because the first two games are for evaluating talent, the third game is to give the projected starters a quarter or two to get acclimated and the last game is to avoid injury.

R. Rich
03-17-2005, 08:18 AM
I think mybills started celebrating St Patrick's Day early.

mybills
03-17-2005, 08:24 AM
Oh brother...it's just something to talk about. :rolleyes:

R. Rich
03-17-2005, 08:26 AM
It's like EDS said; who cares if they lose every preseason game? The Vikings, when Dennis Green was their coach, would routinely win their preseason games, but what did it get them? The ony thing that matters is getting to view your draftees and free agent signings and hoping they show some promise.

OpIv37
03-17-2005, 08:32 AM
and the Bills did terribly in preseason under Marv Levy because he didn't care about winning those games. He used them to make personnel desicions and improve the product on the field, not scrapping for meaningless victories.

Ebenezer
03-17-2005, 08:39 AM
and the Bills did terribly in preseason under Marv Levy because he didn't care about winning those games. He used them to make personnel desicions and improve the product on the field, not scrapping for meaningless victories.
AMEN.

Sabre Ally
03-17-2005, 08:53 AM
Why Indy? Why not just throw in Minnesota instead so we can play the entire NFCN? lol

TigerJ
03-17-2005, 09:01 AM
Depends on what coaches of both teams in each game want to accomplish. Sometimes coaches of losing teams (from the previous season) place a priority on winning in the preseason in order to create a more positive climate. If the other coach merely wants to look at a lot of players, his team is liable to lose.

helmetguy
03-17-2005, 11:21 AM
I get a little nervous if we have a winning pre-season record.

The Spaz
03-17-2005, 11:41 AM
Derrrr...

Shiny Chicken
03-17-2005, 02:19 PM
I agree with the consensus here. I really don't care which ones we win as long as no one gets hurt and the team is given a chance to make good personelle decisions.

jamze132
03-17-2005, 02:40 PM
If we are not winning games, it may mean that we have no depth whatsoever. But it doesn't always mean that. I don't look at wins/losses in the preseason. Whats important to me is if our offense can put up some points and minimize the mistakes. On defense, I don't want to see a lot of stupid penalties and starters making bonehead plays. I want to see the kicker making fieldgoals and the punter putting the ball in the general vicinity of it's intended location. I want to see the coaches call a good game depending on the situation. I don't like to see us run the ball when theres 9 guys in the box. Call the proper play according to the situation. But if we execute. we win. If we don't execute, we lose.

Carlton Bailey
03-17-2005, 02:42 PM
No tem has ever won a Super Bowl after an 0-4 pre-season. All we need is 1 win. Other than that, every key player must stay healthy. Last year we were decimated in pre-season when Milloy went down and Henry got hurt and never recovered.

RetroRaiders81
03-17-2005, 03:00 PM
Pre-season don't mean anything. Last year the raiders were 3-1(should have been 4-0) And finished 5-11 on the season. But let's not forget they were 2-1 before Gannon was injured.

RetroRaiders81
03-17-2005, 03:02 PM
Actually I take that back, I was thinking and whoever wins shows they have more depth. But during the season it comes down to who has the strongest starting lineup, but when ppl start getting injured, then the depth comes in to play.

ShadowHawk7
03-17-2005, 05:28 PM
To answer the original question, yes, I think we will go 3-1 losing to Indy. I will definitley be attending the Bears game, donning my new Losman jersey and cap.

mysticsoto
03-17-2005, 05:35 PM
Actually I take that back, I was thinking and whoever wins shows they have more depth. But during the season it comes down to who has the strongest starting lineup, but when ppl start getting injured, then the depth comes in to play.
Not necessarily. Most good coaches will be wary of showing any game plan during Pre-season. And so, they will run it and just see how it goes - for example, if there are 2 running backs they are deciding on, they may run alot more run plays than normal just to see how each looks. The same goes for other positions. But we all know that a game plan can drastically affect an outcome of a game - whether you have the best players or not. Otherwise, the best teams would never lose to the worst teams.

Winning in pre-season may or may not have anything to do with depth...

Philagape
03-17-2005, 05:35 PM
Sometimes it's not even depth that decides preseason games. When a coach's goal is to evaluate talent (and plays) and avoid injuries, that may lead to unorthodox play calling as well, so there's one more reason why preseason results are meaningless.

mybills
03-17-2005, 05:48 PM
To answer the original question, yes, I think we will go 3-1 losing to Indy. I will definitley be attending the Bears game, donning my new Losman jersey and cap.
Thank you! You're the only person who answered the question!
It wasn't that difficult, was it? Sort of like a mock draft thread!
Oh well, at least everyone's talking about something! :up:
Have fun at the Bears game! :peace:

gobuffalo2007
03-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Pre-season don't mean anything. Last year the raiders were 3-1(should have been 4-0) And finished 5-11 on the season. But let's not forget they were 2-1 before Gannon was injured.

Joe shut up no one wants to here about the raiders here.
Bills 0-4 in pre season 16-0 in regular.

Some people say we suck, yeah we suck but what are you going to do about it?

-John Madden