PDA

View Full Version : Our Oline in a nutshell.

ShadowHawk7
03-17-2005, 11:48 AM
I'd rather keep Teague at C, but if McNally can convert him to be a solid left tackle I'm all for it. Right now, we have 3 fixtures on the OL line all on the right side, Teague C, Villarial RG, Williams RT. LG will consist of either Gandy, Tucker, or a draft pick. LT will consist of either Teague, Peters, or a draft pick. I think our 2nd round pick should be on either Adam Terry or Marcus Johnson. Terry is a stud pass blocker who could add some mass, Johnson is a solid road grader with ability to play either LG or LT.

Overall I'd like to see our line like this. Terry-Tucker/Gandy-Teague-Villarial-Williams.

Tucker will be a hardworking guard who won't overwhelm yet not allow sacks. Terry has the speed to take on speed rushers. Teague and Villarial play fundamentally solid ball, and hopefully Big Mike will continue to blossom as a pass blocker, for he is already a monster run blocker. Remember McNally WILL bring the best out of these guys.
What do you guys think of this senario?

Novacane
03-17-2005, 11:52 AM
I still think Shelton will be our LT next year.

mysticsoto
03-17-2005, 12:40 PM
I'd rather keep Teague at C, but if McNally can convert him to be a solid left tackle I'm all for it. Right now, we have 3 fixtures on the OL line all on the right side, Teague C, Villarial RG, Williams RT. LG will consist of either Gandy, Tucker, or a draft pick. LT will consist of either Teague, Peters, or a draft pick. I think our 2nd round pick should be on either Adam Terry or Marcus Johnson. Terry is a stud pass blocker who could add some mass, Johnson is a solid road grader with ability to play either LG or LT.

Overall I'd like to see our line like this. Terry-Tucker/Gandy-Teague-Villarial-Williams.

Tucker will be a hardworking guard who won't overwhelm yet not allow sacks. Terry has the speed to take on speed rushers. Teague and Villarial play fundamentally solid ball, and hopefully Big Mike will continue to blossom as a pass blocker, for he is already a monster run blocker. Remember McNally WILL bring the best out of these guys.
I think you're dreaming if you think Terry will be available by the time we pick. There are many teams that need O-line help and will probably grab him in their 2nd rd before us. I think the highest ranked OT we'll have a shot at is Chris Colmer. I'm still hoping to draft a Center that we can have for years - a Kent Hull, if you will...if not Chris Spencer, then Jason Brown.

ryjam282
03-17-2005, 01:05 PM

That would be nice, but I don't think so....I hope though.

OpIv37
03-17-2005, 01:08 PM
our o-line, in a nutshell, will suck. McNally's great but he's not a miracle worker. He needs something to work with.

Bmax
03-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Munoz in rd 3 ....... When healthy he is a good lt.......2ND RD PICK - JOHNSON OR BAAS WHO WE WOULD HAVE TO TRADE UP TO GET ...

BMAX

Tatonka
03-17-2005, 02:11 PM
pick between a giant douche or a **** sandwich.

Novacane
03-17-2005, 02:12 PM
our o-line, in a nutshell, will suck. McNally's great but he's not a miracle worker. He needs something to work with.

Maybe he thinks he thinks more of the players he has than the fans do

Bill Brasky
03-17-2005, 02:28 PM
Our O-line will be so much better now that Bledsoe is gone... everything was his fault anyways :crazy:

jamze132
03-17-2005, 02:41 PM
I agree.

X-Era
03-17-2005, 03:46 PM
HUH? Terry will easily last till late 2 or mid 3. He has at least 3 guys ahead of him with only 1 a probably 1st rounder:

Barron, Brown, Munoz

thebuffalobills4
03-17-2005, 05:03 PM
why are you just giving up?just because our o-line?last time is checked
ncnally is a miricale worker.

HurryUpTom
03-17-2005, 05:46 PM

I think that is currently our best available option. I'd have preferred that we play to our strengths. We have McNally, a great OL coach - we should give him some studs to turn into HOFers, not some cruds to turn into adequate players. We have arguably the best OL coach in the NFL and right now, we're hoping that we can have a not terrible line - that doesn't make sense to me.

HurryUpTom
03-17-2005, 05:48 PM
why are you just giving up?just because our o-line?last time is checked
ncnally is a miricale worker.
I think expecting McNally to reproduce the Giants Super Bowl OL is like expecting OJ to have had another 2000 yard season. McNally had a career year, I don't expect him to have one again. He's going to get our guys to overachieve and play better than most other coaches, but I don't think he's ever going to have success like that again.

X-Era
03-17-2005, 05:55 PM
I think that is currently our best available option. I'd have preferred that we play to our strengths. We have McNally, a great OL coach - we should give him some studs to turn into HOFers, not some cruds to turn into adequate players. We have arguably the best OL coach in the NFL and right now, we're hoping that we can have a not terrible line - that doesn't make sense to me.
with the lack of movement in FA, I guess it will have to be our best shot. I hope it works, hopefully these guys are sponges and not rocks, you cant squeeze water from a rock.

Ickybaluky
03-17-2005, 07:57 PM
Michael Munoz could be a real sleeper. If healthy he probably projected to a late first-rounder, but he will probably have medical question marks that drop his stock. I don't think the knee he tore up in 2001 is an issue at this point, but he had shoulder surgery (torn rotator cuff) last December that requires a 6-8 month recovery. That will push his draft stock down, since he will still be limited when training camps start.

Munoz is a very intriguing player since it is said he has great techniques and work ethic. He is a good athlete with great size, and the ties between McNally and his dad make him a good fit for Buffalo. The only downside is his injury history, which is extensive. However, his current injury could make him drop far enough that the Bills get a shot at him. He could be a real steal.