X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SonOfWade
    • Jul 2004

WGR: Bennie Anderson to visit today

This is "according to Anderson's agent". WGR also reported that the Bills had conversations with Arizona TE Freddie Jones, but Jones felt the Bills were looking more for a blocking TE.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

I heard the same thing. Hmm, maybe we will still get a guard. I wouldn't be upset with Anderson. He's better than Tucker or Smith and he's the kind of Road grader that McGahee needs.

Comment

• Dantheman1280
      I am the Man!
      • Mar 2004

Any links on this guy? I've never heard of him, I know the Ravens had terrible pass protection, but there run blocking was impressive.

Comment

• ryven
        • Jan 2003

I wouldn't mind having him on the roster

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

Isn't he the guy from ABBA?

What's he doing? Booking a show at the stadium?

Comment

• The Quebecer
            • Jan 2003

Bennie Anderson is a much better fit for what the Bills want to do on offence... Road grader!
            Also, I think McNally prefers having huge lineman at the OG spot... but I can't remember where I've seen him say that...
            Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see!

Later,
            Pat
            "Thinking is the hardest thing there is, that's why so few engage in it!"

"Between stimulus and response there is a space.
            In that space lies our freedom and power to choose our response.
            In those choices lie our growth and our hapiness."

"If you don't take care of your health now, you will undoubtly have to deal with your illness later!"

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

I hope we sign him, but I'm not holding out any hope.

Oh, well...I'm out of here.
              Last edited by Michael82; 03-18-2005, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• colin
                Drew's my hero!
                • Jul 2002

you thow him in at LG, move williams to LT, and bring in a guy like riley (unless he has dropped off as much as some people say) at RT and I like our line.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                  • Feb 2005

Anderson, a very powerful run blocker, has the massive size to wear down defenders over the course of a game. He has good lower-body strength, is very physical at the point of attack and is at his best exploding off the ball in the interior run game. A nasty mauler, he moves the pile and creates seams, even against premier two-gap defenders. As a pass protector, he reacts to what he sees and has a nice feel for picking up stunts and recognizing blitzes. He can handle any defender of similar size and bulk, and anchors well against bull rushers. But he lacks athleticism, and his agility is hampered by his weight. He would benefit from dropping 20 pounds. He lacks initial quickness and good feet, and he struggles to reach the second level. His mobility has improved somewhat, but he isn't effective on pulls and often is late to his assignment when moving laterally. He doesn't redirect or adjust to the moving target well, and he sometimes struggles against explosive, one-gap defenders. Durability is a problem, most likely due to his weight. His tools and conditioning aren't great, but he compensates with good technique and outstanding power.

Get a complete list of all the NFL free agents, their grades and ESPN's expert analysis on their future prospects.

Bennie Anderson went from playing for the XFL's Chicago Enforcers to starting for the defending Super Bowl champions in a matter of months. All told, the 6'5 335 pound Anderson appeared in all 16 games and started 13 for the Baltimore Ravens at the right guard spot during the 2001 season. Anderson has established himself as a solid starter in the 2002 season, starting the first 12 games. Anderson struggles at times pass blocking, but uses his power and frame to excell at run blocking. Anderson went undrafted and was signed as a rookie free agent by the Rams in 2000, but was cut in training camp. He signed with the Ravens on June 14, 2001. Anderson attended Tennessee State University, earning a history degree with a teaching certificate. He is working towards his master’s in administration and supervision at Morgan State University.

66, Bennie Anderson, G, Baltimore Ravens
                  Height: 6-5 Weight: 345 Experience: 4 years
                  Born: 2/17/1977 Birthplace: St. Louis, MO College: Tennessee State

Career Offensive Line Stats
                  YearTeamGGSPenYdsFalse StartHoldingSacks AllwdYds
                  2001Bal1613215116.5060.50
                  2002Bal1616767223.5016.00
                  2003Bal1615740513.0017.00
                  2004Bal1612645414.0017.50
                  Totals6456------

I'd rather have Vincent and DeMulling but sense they're gone and if Anderson comes cheap I wouldn't mind him. Not a huge fan of him, no pun intended. I think he would be more of a guy to come in and compete then just to hand the job over to him.
                  Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• ryven
                    • Jan 2003

doesn't allow to many sacks, atleast less than R. Brown does.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ryven
                      doesn't allow to many sacks, atleast less than R. Brown does.
                      True but he was playing next to Jonathon Ogden and Casey Rabach. Ogden is 1 of the top 3 LT in the league and Rabach is 1 of the top 10 C in the league.
                      Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Lets see if we sign anderson, trade for shelton and draft baas.

Shelton-Anderson-Baas-Villarial-Williams. Now that would be a great line IMO.

I dont think I should pin my hopes on that though........

Comment

• Bmax
                          • Aug 2003

If signed should get deal similar to vincent who signed in baltimore..3 yr 4.64. 1.25 mill bonus......would be upgrade from tucker from a strength point of view. Would give the bills the body they need to more tucker to guard if shelton not brought in.

Needs more discipline ! Which i'm sure mcnally will provide....Not two many other teams still in the market except for green bay.....who just signed a guy fron the pats klemm and are bring in o'dwyer from tampa in today....

Bmax

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

he sounds like a guy that could get whipped into a little better shape and do great under mcnally.

you cant teach mean streaks.. or god given strength.. you can help someone lose weight to become more agile (which is what that report states is an issue).. and mcnally can teach pass blocking.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SonOfWade
                              This is "according to Anderson's agent". WGR also reported that the Bills had conversations with Arizona TE Freddie Jones, but Jones felt the Bills were looking more for a blocking TE.
                              Welcome to the Zone.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X