PDA

View Full Version : I hope the Sabres finish in last place so they can get the #1 pick.

starfirestar
12-08-2002, 11:43 AM
The only reason I want the Sabres to finish in last place is so they can get Nikolai Zherdev in the 2003 draft. This guy is supposed to be the next big thing. He has all kinds of different shots and they said his stickhandling makes Sergie Federov look like a pee-wee hockey player. PLEASE DARCY AND LINDY!!!!!! DRAFT THIS GUY!!!!! HE IS A PURE GOAL SCORER. NO MORE DEFENSIVE FORWARDS OR DEFENSMAN. GET A SNIPER IN HERE NOW!!!!! DEVELOP HIM WELL. PLEASE GET THIS GUY. The only problem is that this one website says he doesn't really pass that much, but that can be fixed. We have to many guys who are passers on this roster anyways. OOO MAN. This line combonation here scares me.

Satan-Zherdev-Afinegenov.

Sabre Ally
12-08-2002, 03:19 PM
LOL. P. Bure doesn't pass that much either, but I sure wouldn't complain if the Sabres somehow got him.

Isn't there a lottery for, what, is it the top 5 picks? I mean, we wouldn't necessarily have to finish last, right?

don137
12-09-2002, 05:46 AM
Does it matter? If we get him the Sabres will develop him and trade him in his prime (Mogilny, Peca) and get young talent in return and then when they develop trade them for young talent. On and on it goes.

Buffarama
12-09-2002, 07:52 AM
I'm not hoping for last place so we can draft a player that might contribute in 4 years.

Ebenezer
12-09-2002, 08:01 AM
They would not draft him anyway...they would pick some American college guy or a foreigner that nobody has ever heard of just so that they could keep their rights forever.

Or, knowing Darcy he would go into football mood and trade down.

Buffarama
12-09-2002, 09:02 AM
You can bet he'll be cute instead of gritty looking too.

don137
12-09-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Buffarama
I guess what you are saying Darcy was not responsible for drafting Varada...

BironsGirl43
12-09-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Buffarama

lol..

cute vs gritty looking!?!? lol..

so you're saying we have a sexy team.. oh I knew it!! ;)

Sabre Ally
12-09-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by don137

I guess what you are saying Darcy was not responsible for drafting Varada...

Varada.......heh. I still say his contract is larger than necessary, but heck, he's the only one besides maybe Mair that I thought really played his heart out during the recent, er, slump. Too bad he can't shoot. :teeth:

Buffarama
12-09-2002, 09:35 PM
I think the bolts in Varada's neck could be construed by some as cute.