PDA

View Full Version : County Executive

The Spaz
03-18-2005, 10:39 AM
Per V-coach At the request of the County Executive the Bills have agreed to defer receipt of a portion of the County share of costs for the 2005 season.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3134

lordofgun
03-18-2005, 10:40 AM
Erie County:buddies:Bills

Ebenezer
03-18-2005, 10:50 AM
Per V-coach At the request of the County Executive the Bills have agreed to defer receipt of a portion of the County share of costs for the 2005 season.
be very weary of future "lease-breaking" arguments

Bmax
03-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Giambra's gotta go !!!! But at least he knows the bills leaving would be the death of buffalo and erie county...... I would pay a 2 % tax on food to keep the bills in buffalo and to help out erie county would anybody else ?.... Other states have a food tax NC-SC....4% ....RIGHT NOW WE JUST PAY FOR PREPARED FOOD !!!!! COOKED , FOOD , SODA , POP ETC...

i'm against tax increases but where do we expect to get more money from...We can't raise property taxes any higher and we can't raise the overall sales tax any higher....The beginning cuts are starting to take place...If we can continue to wack away at waste ( -BUDDY SYSTEM JOBS -the 52 libraries..ETC) cut down them to about 35..... and other things then maybe we can start to turn this thing around....I would hate to see the bills leave and some needed services continue to disappear.. SCHOOL NURSES-PARKS

BMAX

jamze132
03-18-2005, 11:51 AM
I don't live in Buffalo anymore but if I did, I wouldn't give a crap if I had to pay a little more in taxes to keep the Bills there.

clumping platelets
03-18-2005, 12:00 PM
We already pay 8 1/4% sales tax. Increasing the sales tax by the requested 1 % would not have given us the true opportunity to see the utter mismanagement that Giambracrats have been forcing on this county. The legislature is also too blame as they are collection of imbeciles and career politicians who clearly do not care of the ramifications of the mismanagement. They have repeatedly tried to retain patronage through law breaking private meetings. These meetings are supposed to be public. When they want to talk about $81,000/yr drivers, they illegally go behind closed doors. Unfortunately, there is no recourse other than election day. Yeah right.....who controls who we vote for? The politicos and power brokers who enrich themselves for the sake of the region :mad:

**off soapbox**

Ebenezer
03-18-2005, 12:26 PM
We already pay 8 1/4% sales tax. Increasing the sales tax by the requested 1 % would not have given us the true opportunity to see the utter mismanagement that Giambracrats have been forcing on this county. The legislature is also too blame as they are collection of imbeciles and career politicians who clearly do not care of the ramifications of the mismanagement. They have repeatedly tried to retain patronage through law breaking private meetings. These meetings are supposed to be public. When they want to talk about $81,000/yr drivers, they illegally go behind closed doors. Unfortunately, there is no recourse other than election day. Yeah right.....who controls who we vote for? The politicos and power brokers who enrich themselves for the sake of the region :mad:

**off soapbox**

don't forget that fact that when forced to cut they have taken it out on those that need the help the most...the cuts were a slam at the people.

Historian
03-18-2005, 12:35 PM
They'll just jack up the parking another five bucks.

carybillsfan
03-18-2005, 12:41 PM
Taxes up there are ridiculous, on top of the 8.25% sales tax...property taxes+school taxes are ridiculous...and now a tax on food? Thats just crazy, where the hell is all the money going to? I'm so glad I don't live there anymore...i'll stay in NC where taxes are at least half of what they are up there.

Voltron
03-18-2005, 02:04 PM
Making Taxes higher only chases more people away! What you need to do is make your leaders make some real decisions and cut spending. When I want a raise I don't walk into my bosses office and tell him "Hey Boss, I'm going into debt so I am going to have to raise my salary about $10,000 a year .. OK?"

My boss would laugh at me! Why is it we let politicians do everything opposite of how the real world works. :huh:

Ebenezer
03-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Making Taxes higher only chases more people away! What you need to do is make your leaders make some real decisions and cut spending. When I want a raise I don't walk into my bosses office and tell him "Hey Boss, I'm going into debt so I am going to have to raise my salary about $10,000 a year .. OK?"

My boss would laugh at me! Why is it we let politicians do everything opposite of how the real world works. :huh:
lack of recall elections...potential to have our asses thrown in jail if we protest...somewhere we checked our freedoms at the door.

Novacane
03-18-2005, 02:38 PM
There is not 1 Erie county politician that deserves to be re-elected. You guys are just lucky the media is all over them now. You have 3 TV stations, radio and the Buff News on them constantly so they can't get away with thier **** anymore!

In Chautauqua County they don't have the big media coverage. They jacked the sales tax 1&1/4% March 1st and I bet more than 50% of people here do not even realize it.

Ebenezer
03-18-2005, 02:46 PM
There is not 1 Erie county politician that deserves to be re-elected. You guys are just lucky the media is all over them now. You have 3 TV stations, radio and the Buff News on them constantly so they can't get away with thier **** anymore!

In Chautauqua County they don't have the big media coverage. They jacked the sales tax 1&1/4% March 1st and I bet more than 50% of people here do not even realize it.
I have no trouble whatsoever of stuffing the fluff news and making the reports go out and report the stuff in the other counties...I am sick of fluff...

The_Philster
03-18-2005, 03:34 PM
They'll just jack up the parking another five bucks.

They've already more than doubled it since I first got seasons. :cynic:

BigZ
03-19-2005, 07:43 AM

**off soapbox**
Whoa Clumping. Hope you didn't write this early in the day. If so, I wouldn't have wanted to be around you later.

I agree we have some pretty screwed up leaders in Erie County. The scariest is that Tony Masiello is actually not #1 on the list of idiots anymore!

I live on Grand Island and am represented by Swanik. You know him - the current Republican, former Democrat, current champion of the poor, former pal of Joel, current critic of Joel. I didn't vote for him but he managed to get elected as an independent.

We need a recall law!!!!

Bmax
03-19-2005, 12:12 PM
amen to getting a recall law my guy is chairman george holt....Nuff said ...He's gotta go .....first the new orleans- thing now the money to his and basketball camp....wow ...i was all over this guy from day one standing up there saying the only way to handle the situation is a sales tax increase.... what a joke ....Cut ...Cut

I say fire the whole lot and bring in all new men and women .. they can't be any worse than this group....

Bmax