PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks OT Chris Terry to be released...

Ickybaluky
03-18-2005, 11:53 AM
Seattle RT Chris Terry is going to be released, according to the Tacoma News Tribune (http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/story/4699827p-4342920c.html).

Terry is a very talented RT. The reason he is getting released is:

1) High cap number
2) Multiple off-field issues with domestic violence (which is why Carolina got rid of him)
3) Recent shoulder surgery
4) He has already served a 4-game suspension, and the next time he is caught he will get a year

Granted, that is a lot of baggage. However, he can play.

Pride
03-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Sometimes baggage outweighs ability

Thanks for the news!

Mr. Miyagi
03-18-2005, 11:55 AM
We don't need no wife beater. Next.

OpIv37
03-18-2005, 11:58 AM
we'll probably end up signing him because he'll be the only FA offensive lineman left by the time TD gets off his ass. I seriously hope he has some sort of coherent plan because I will be extremely disappointed if we have to start the season with our O-line in this kind of shape.

Tatonka
03-18-2005, 12:02 PM
chris terry is one of the, if not the, best RT in the league..

DraftBoy
03-18-2005, 12:20 PM
chris terry is one of the, if not the, best RT in the league..

Completely agree! Terry had some past issues with Domestic abuse but has been relatively clean since then, and some drug problems but I think getting an ass kicker like McNally as his coach should clean him up, Id love to have him.

Bill Brasky
03-18-2005, 12:22 PM
1) High cap number
2) Multiple off-field issues with domestic violence (which is why Carolina got rid of him)
3) Recent shoulder surgery
4) He has already served a 4-game suspension, and the next time he is caught he will get a year

Sounds like a great option!

Tatonka
03-18-2005, 12:25 PM
even with his past.. he is such a good player, that he will not be cheap.

don137
03-18-2005, 12:43 PM
If I recall he is a heck of a player but he doesn't come with a clean record. I think he was cut from Carolina after skipping a court date for his wife beating and he was cut when they issued an arrest warrant. He is a very good player but has more baggage than a Samsonsite store.

Sportsuser101
03-18-2005, 12:45 PM
He won't be a Bill. TD doesn't bring bad character guys. At least thats what he said when he brought in Milloy and Vincent.

DMBcrew36
03-18-2005, 12:48 PM
He won't be a Bill. TD doesn't bring bad character guys. At least thats what he said when he brought in Milloy and Vincent.
Yea, I agree, I think all the crap off the football field will hamper any serious consideration. But hell, ya never know.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-18-2005, 01:12 PM
No thanks....don't want to have our line built around this guy only to lose him for a year when he is stopped on his way to Canada with a big ol bag of smack.

lordofgun
03-18-2005, 01:14 PM
I'll take him.

ddaryl
03-18-2005, 01:55 PM
If he comes at an affordable contract that has clauses to protect the Bills in case he relapses then I'm all for it.

Dicknoze69
03-18-2005, 02:11 PM

Absolutely correct, unless he comes god-awfully cheap.

Philagape
03-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Now we know why Seattle kept Pork Chop

ParanoidAndroid
03-18-2005, 02:40 PM
I wouldn't want to have a guy like that around. I don't think he would get much respect in the Bills locker room. I do tend to believe that Ralph Wilson appreciates the image of the Bills as opposed to the image of the Oakland Raiders.

Gunzlingr
03-18-2005, 03:20 PM
Maybe he needs a wake up call. Shelton had issues if I remember right too, and we gave him a shot.

TedMock
03-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Chris Terry's a stud tackle. Seeing that he's had problems in the past, I'd bet that no matter where he ends up, there's going to be some contract stipulations involved with regard to off the field issues. I have no idea if the Bills would bring him in or not, but I don't think his character would stop them. It's not like we haven't had guys with problems before. Even our current roster has Moulds and Henry (for now), both guys who've had legal issues off the field. Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, etc. have had problems off the field. I think Wilson will be fine if he feels that we could straighten this guy out. After all, he's one of the best right tackles in all of football. It's hard not to take a look.

THATHURMANATOR
03-18-2005, 03:49 PM
we'll probably end up signing him because he'll be the only FA offensive lineman left by the time TD gets off his ass. I seriously hope he has some sort of coherent plan because I will be extremely disappointed if we have to start the season with our O-line in this kind of shape.
Do you really think that TD is just sitting around and being lazy. The guy has a plan. It may not be what we want.

Slim
03-18-2005, 04:22 PM
our o line would benefit so much if we signed him

Mr. Cynical
03-18-2005, 04:30 PM
He is an RT. We already have a $9M fatboy at that position. Unless he is cheaper than MW *and* we can dump fatboy, Terry doesn't make sense. We need an honest LT, not a project or crossover. Enough is enough with that s***...TD has tried that along the entire line and it hasn't worked.

The Spaz
03-18-2005, 04:38 PM
He is an RT. We already have a $9M fatboy at that position. Unless he is cheaper than MW *and* we can dump fatboy, Terry doesn't make sense. We need an honest LT, not a project or crossover. Enough is enough with that s***...TD has tried that along the entire line and it hasn't worked.

You need some:

http://www.onanistix.com/small%20artworks/Prozac_4+.jpg

Mr. Cynical
03-18-2005, 04:47 PM
You need some:

http://www.onanistix.com/small%20artworks/Prozac_4+.jpg
Thanks for the suggestion. If you would, please send me a box or two from your personal stash. It seems to have worked wonders for you, so I'm willing to give it a shot. :;

The Spaz
03-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. If you would, please send me a box or two from your personal stash. It seems to have worked wonders for you, so I'm willing to give it a shot. :;

:winkpunch :funny: :crazy:

jpdex12
03-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Completely agree! Terry had some past issues with Domestic abuse but has been relatively clean since then, and some drug problems but I think getting an ass kicker like McNally as his coach should clean him up, Id love to have him.Oh Christ, I knew this was coming!

finsrclowns
03-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Completely agree! Terry had some past issues with Domestic abuse but has been relatively clean since then, and some drug problems

Ever since his wife started bringing him his coke the minute he asked for it he hasn't had to bash her head in.

The_Philster
03-19-2005, 06:45 AM
I wouldn't want to have a guy like that around. I don't think he would get much respect in the Bills locker room. I do tend to believe that Ralph Wilson appreciates the image of the Bills as opposed to the image of the Oakland Raiders.

definitely :up: We don't want problem players in Buffalo :nono:

Ickybaluky
03-19-2005, 09:28 AM
This article (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/216673_hawk19.html) explains some of Terry's baggage.

The_Philster
03-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Terry's problems began before he arrived in Seattle with six games left in the 2002 season, but the Seahawks paid the penalty. Terry was suspended for the first four games of the 2003 season for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. He also was fined five more game checks for violating the league's personal conduct policy, stemming from his arrest for domestic violence in July 2002 in North Carolina and subsequent deferred prosecution.

Terry missed two more games later that season while fulfilling requirements related to his suspension and fines.

not exactly a ringing endorsement

HurryUpTom
03-19-2005, 11:27 AM
If his attitude and everything are still problems, then don't bring him in, but his past actions should not prevent us from bringing him unboard. He was only in his mid-20s when the problems occurred, so I can see him having changed his lifestyle - especially after dealing with the fallout (missing paychecks is not a fun experience). I'm not saying it's guaranteed that he's changed things, but we shouldn't dismiss him outright. He's a good football player and I don't see him not being worth at least a discussion.

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 11:30 AM
i am not hanging out with the guy at home.. as long as he is not embarrassing the bills organization, and plays well.. i dont care what the hell he is like.

The Spaz
03-19-2005, 01:05 PM
i am not hanging out with the guy at home.. as long as he is not embarrassing the bills organization, and plays well.. i dont care what the hell he is like.

He certainly embrassed the Seahawks plenty of times.

HurryUpTom
03-19-2005, 01:12 PM
He certainly embrassed the Seahawks plenty of times.
How? I didn't think he had any off-field problems with Seattle - only injury issues. From what I've heard, all his off-field issues were from his time in Carolina.

The Spaz
03-19-2005, 01:15 PM
How? I didn't think he had any off-field problems with Seattle - only injury issues. From what I've heard, all his off-field issues were from his time in Carolina.

You obviously haven't read this whole thread go do that.:up:

HurryUpTom
03-19-2005, 01:28 PM
You obviously haven't read this whole thread go do that.:up:I have read the thread and the information on Terry. I think you've only skimmed the info and haven't read anything.

Terry was fined in 2003, while with the Seahawks, for his domestic charges from 2002, while he played for Carolina.

Terry was suspended in 2003 for breaking the league's substance abuse policy. This stemmed from actions from his time in Carolina.

Terry was punished while in Seattle, but he didn't do anything there to embarass the team from what I've read/heard.

Last season he missed 6 games because of injury - that is the only time he has missed game time due to his actions in Seattle.

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 01:42 PM
spaz... he is right...

unless you have some other info your referring to.. i would like to see what your talking about..

the only thing i ever heard about terry while he was in seattle was that he was one of the best tackles in the league..

The Spaz
03-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Well excuse me it wasn't for Seattle. Point is he is a bad seed period.

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 05:53 PM
more than half the nfl is either cheating on their spouses or doing drugs, be it a blunt or a line or roids.. your kidding yourself if you think that the bills arent filled with "bad seeds". they just dont have it out in the open.

terry did not get into any more trouble in seattle.. he had some injuries and aside from that, he is one of the most dominant tackles in the nfl.. if the bills can get him.. he can only make our line better.. which is all i really care about.. because i know that i would be alot more embarrassed if the bills are 4-12 because our qb and rb got knocked out, than if they are 12-4 but had a tackle that is a bad seed.

The Spaz
03-19-2005, 06:22 PM
Not sure why we're talking about him anyway we aren't getting him.

Dicknoze69
03-19-2005, 06:22 PM
because i know that i would be alot more embarrassed if the bills are 4-12 because our qb and rb got knocked out, than if they are 12-4 but had a tackle that is a bad seed.

Excellent point. I still maintain that we should look at Terry if he comes cheaply.

The_Philster
03-19-2005, 06:55 PM
more than half the nfl is either cheating on their spouses or doing drugs, be it a blunt or a line or roids.. your kidding yourself if you think that the bills arent filled with "bad seeds". they just dont have it out in the open..since when is cheating on your spouse the same thing as beating her? :huh:

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 11:11 PM
it is all a sign of a weak character .. a person who cant control themselves..

honestly.. in my opinion.. if you cheat on your wife.. your a sack of ****.. if you hit her.. your a sack of ****..

The Spaz
03-19-2005, 11:14 PM

honestly.. in my opinion.. if you cheat on your wife.. your a sack of ****.. if you hit her.. your a sack of ****..

I don't want a sack of **** playing on our team.

The_Philster
03-20-2005, 12:24 AM

you're a bigger sack of **** who not only violated the terms of your marriage, but the terms of the law if you hit her...and like Spaz just said, he's not welcome in Buffalo. The last noted wife beater to play in Buffalo is a double murderer

Throne Logic
03-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Um, didn't Eric Moulds have an issue with breaking down doors and someone falling down stairs a few years back? Fuzzy on this.