PDA

View Full Version : Cowart Traded to Vikes for 7th Rd pick

Romes
03-18-2005, 04:03 PM
http://jets.scout.com/2/361247.html

Cottrell is re-assembling the Bills defense in Minesota.

Its amazing how quickly Cowart dropped. He used to be one of my favorite Bills.

juice
03-18-2005, 04:06 PM
Cowart is still a good player for a 7th rnder.. he became expendable because of Vilma.

Mudflap1
03-18-2005, 04:46 PM
Good deal for Minnesota. They're well on their way to becoming a much better team over there.

Jon

The Spaz
03-18-2005, 04:51 PM
Oh how the mighty have fallen. Such a shame Cowart's career ended that day against the Bucs...

EDS
03-18-2005, 04:56 PM
Cowart was a great player before those injuries, a real difference maker.

Sportsuser101
03-18-2005, 05:07 PM
I'm suprised the Jets dealt Cowart for that cheap.

Ickybaluky
03-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Cottrell is re-assembling the Bills defense in Minesota.

It is pretty amazing. Look at the roll-call:

Antoine Winfield
Pat Williams
Keith Newman
Ken Irvin
Sam Cowart

I guess Cottrell wants guys he is familiar with.

Jersey1031
03-18-2005, 05:13 PM
the vikes are really serious about improving their DEF...

Tatonka
03-18-2005, 05:14 PM
cowart can still play and play well.. he is just not a probowl level guy at this point..

i really wish i was a vikings fan.. they have 2 first rounders.. tons of cap room and have put together a great offseason so far.

gobuffalo2007
03-18-2005, 05:20 PM
will he start?

Jersey1031
03-18-2005, 05:23 PM
will he start?

no way...provides good depth though, and a good knowledge of the game...

Sportsuser101
03-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Cowart will start imo. At least he should for that money. Its not like anybody on that team is better then him at the LB position.

Dicknoze69
03-18-2005, 05:34 PM
I think Cowart's got a huge fork sticking out of his back, but for a 7th rounder, it's a nice gamble for the Purplies

Jersey1031
03-18-2005, 05:38 PM
I think Cowart's got a huge fork sticking out of his back, but for a 7th rounder, it's a nice gamble for the Purplies

oh yeaa, for a 7th rounder...you gotta take that trade

Mr. Miyagi
03-18-2005, 05:42 PM
cowart can still play and play well.. he is just not a probowl level guy at this point..

i really wish i was a vikings fan.. they have 2 first rounders.. tons of cap room and have put together a great offseason so far.
I could slide right onto that bandwagon solely due to my location...honey is saving me a seat...:ontome:

gobuffalo2007
03-18-2005, 06:16 PM
they have a horrible dfense!
who is going to start in his place?

STAMPY
03-18-2005, 06:31 PM
they have a horrible dfense!
who is going to start in his place?

Horrible Defense... You're crazy that team added key players... they got Antoine Winfield, added Pat Williams, Napoleon Harris, Darren Sharper, and Freddy Smoot, and are talkin to Jags to add Donovan Darius... SOLID D

SoCalBillsFan
03-18-2005, 06:32 PM
The don't have a horrible defense anymore..with the additions of Pat Williams, Fred Smoot, Napolean Harris, now Cowart...that defense is looking a LOT better. They still have Chris Hovan at the other DT spot and WInfield at corner.

Yes, they gave up Moss...but I think the vikings have had the most impressive offseason so far and they still have 2 first rounders.

SoCalBillsFan
03-18-2005, 06:32 PM
you beat me stampy :)

gobuffalo2007
03-18-2005, 06:51 PM
true that true that....

Ickybaluky
03-18-2005, 07:12 PM
They don't have Hovan, who is a free agent they have no interest in signing.

However, they have Kevin Williams, who is one of the best DT in the NFL. They also have Kenechi Udeze, who is a young player with a lot of promise. They have Lance Johnstone as a situational rusher.

Michael82
03-18-2005, 09:02 PM
But their offense without Randy Moss is a huge downgrade.

BADTHINGSMAN
03-18-2005, 11:27 PM
But their offense without Randy Moss is a huge downgrade.

If the Vikes draft Braylen Edwards that upgrades there Offense.. Who knows maybe they draft Edwards and Mike Williams..

Losing Moss is an addition by subtraction..

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 01:55 AM
hovan was an absolute beast just a few years ago, and he is young..

what is the deal? what happened to him?

Ickybaluky
03-19-2005, 06:11 AM
hovan was an absolute beast just a few years ago, and he is young..

what is the deal? what happened to him?

He was always a little over-rated, but his fall has been pretty far. At his best he is a high-motor guy, but he has a big mouth and is a headcase. He plays very undisciplined and blows a lot of assignments. He would ignore his assignment and ad lib, which led to a lot of plays given up (one of the reasons they always sucked against the run). He would make some plays as well, so people thought he was pretty good (especialy since he played to the cameras when they were on TV, getting into it with Brett Favre).

Tice grew sick of the lack of discipline and mental lapses, and starting reducing his playing time. Kevin Williams basically took his spot, and now they have Pat Williams as a plugger to play beside him. They also like Spencer Johnson a lot, a rookie out of Auburn last year who can play the 3-technique.

Last year, Hovan hardly played (he was their 3rd DT), and now that he is a free agent he hasn't drawn much interest. There has been talk about the Giants looking at him, and people keep linking him to Denny Green in Arizona (although Green hasn't mentioned him or had him in for a visit).

In Summary: Has some talent but also has a 10-cent head. Someone will take a chance on the guy based on talent, and perhaps the right coach will reach him. However, Hovan's issue (even at BC) has always been he thinks he is a lot better than he really is.

He is an intriguing reclamation project, but generally a guy who has been in the NFL for 5 years don't suddenly change.

The_Philster
03-19-2005, 07:19 AM
If the Vikes draft Braylen Edwards that upgrades there Offense.. Who knows maybe they draft Edwards and Mike Williams..

Losing Moss is an addition by subtraction..

No doubt...I see them drafting a WR first off and their offense will be better than it was last year. I doubt someone just coming into the NFL will be taking plays off like that :loser: Randy

Kerr
03-19-2005, 09:27 AM
I'm glad for Sammy. It's a shame a cheap shot ended his pro bowl level performances, but he should still be able to make a difference at the middle linkebacking position.

ShadowHawk7
03-19-2005, 01:45 PM
I'd take him back for a 7th.