PDA

View Full Version : Optimistic about 2005

Yasgur's Farm
03-18-2005, 06:31 PM
I think it's become very obvious that TD intends to build a line geared toward a dominating rushing attack. I believe it's brilliant and here's why.

Our defense will continue as a top 5 unit even with the absence of Pat Williams. The Edwards/Anderson tandem won't be quite as good but chances are we won't lose as much time in our secondary as we did last season with Milloy and Vincent. Looks like a wash to me.

Offense... I believe it's 59er or maybe shaw or beast from the bb.com message board who keeps saying that improvement will come via addition by subtraction. This couldn't be more true with the purging of the bedsore.

For the 1st 5 or 6 games last season our running game sucked and Bledsoe was getting sacked at a record pace. The combination of Henry and Bledsoe in the backfield worked terribly against the Bills. Bledsoe was slow and imobile and easy to find in the backfield while Henry was not a legit outside threat. The result? Defenses pushed with 8 defenders everyone of which converged on the pocket area. Why could they do this? Because Bledsoe couldn't keep them honest by consistently delivering the short ball... and Travis Henry couldn't get cleanly out of the backfield with all the traffic. This meant that they could play the same defense no matter if it was a pass play or run.

All that changed when McGahee became the starter. The defenses were still able to push with 8 (because Bledsoe couldn't keep them honest), but they couldn't all converge on the pocket area because they had to contain McGahee who was capable of getting outside. The result? Sacks decreased dramatically and, although Willis was hit frequently in the backfield, the running game produced.

Now this season... we've replaced the statue with a mobile QB who throws well on the move. I believe at some point in the season he will become proficient at making defenses pay for 8 in the box. But more importantly, TD seems to be intent on building a working man's rushing offensive line (especially the interior). I believe this will account for the Bills rushing for 2500 or maybe even as much as 3000 yards next year. I believe JP will throw for at least 2500 and probably more like 3000 yards.

Ball control offense combined with a stingy defense adds up to 10 and 6 and a legit contender.

SoCalBillsFan
03-18-2005, 06:36 PM
You are right to some extent, but at the same time, can JP control the ball? We have no idea what to expect from this kid. Also, that line is even worse now, or so it seems anyway.

Still, Mularky is getting his guys, and I hope you are right in that it will make a big difference.

Pride
03-18-2005, 06:37 PM
AWESOME POST!!!!! I agree 110%

:bf1:

Post more often! :clap:

Luisito23
03-18-2005, 06:56 PM
You are right to some extent, but at the same time, can JP control the ball? We have no idea what to expect from this kid. Also, that line is even worse now, or so it seems anyway.

Still, Mularky is getting his guys, and I hope you are right in that it will make a big difference.

Y even ? it..... Y do we always gotta go negative on another season, I'm really getting sick of it,,, we have an elite D. top 5... 4 sure...
we have a :star: in the making ....if not already, but definetly top 5 if healthy, & I know he's gonna continue 2 b a STUD...
we have not only one great prospect, & 1 proven veteran who can throw 4 like more than 500 yards in 1 game if I remember correctly,
and we have a good coach who has proven he could win with injures, without injuries....
and we still got sooooo long till the 1st. kickoff whos 2 say that the team is not gonna upgrade in June..... I definetly am not....
enough said......

KILL THE NEGATIVITY.....

GO BILLS.......... :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: ..

gobuffalo2007
03-18-2005, 07:08 PM
yeah thanks for telling me what i already know.....
but A+++ for effort.
im way to lazy to read all of that but good job writing all of that.
oh and next time check for typos.

Dicknoze69
03-18-2005, 07:12 PM
I too am quite optimistic about this season for many of the reasons you've stated.

I think just removing Bledsoe from our team will cut down on our sacks, and we'll have a team full of guys that our coaches actually want. I really think our Oline will be at worst similar to last year's production, with a possibility of our Oline being better.

Yasgur's Farm
03-18-2005, 07:15 PM
but A+++ for effort.
oh and next time check for typos. Would you mind telling me what the typos are. I'm way to lazy to reread it.

Sportsuser101
03-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Kicker in the 2nd lol

I still laugh even after its the 50th time that its been posted for us to draft a kicker on the 1st day.

Yasgur's Farm
03-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Kicker in the 2nd lol

I still laugh even after its the 50th time that its been posted for us to draft a kicker on the 1st day. Boy that's right on topic isn't it?:tired:

HurryUpTom
03-18-2005, 08:02 PM
But more importantly, TD seems to be intent on building a working man's rushing offensive line (especially the interior).
I agree with pretty much everything else that you wrote. I'm just curious what makes you think we are building a working man's rushing offensive line especially at the interior. Teague is more of an athlete than a road grader - he isn't the type that can push big DTs off the line. Villarial is more of a run-blocker, but LG is a ? and can go either way. It's not exactly what I'd call an OL built around the run. Personally, I'd prefer that we focus on a run-blocking line, but I think that we're trying to build a balanced line that is ok at both areas.

Dicknoze69
03-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Kicker in the 2nd lol

I still laugh even after its the 50th time that its been posted for us to draft a kicker on the 1st day.

Don't feel bad, I feel the same way

DMBcrew36
03-18-2005, 11:16 PM
more optimism!!! :clap:

SoCalBillsFan
03-19-2005, 02:11 AM
Y even ? it..... Y do we always gotta go negative on another season, I'm really getting sick of it,,, we have an elite D. top 5... 4 sure...
we have a :star: in the making ....if not already, but definetly top 5 if healthy, & I know he's gonna continue 2 b a STUD...
we have not only one great prospect, & 1 proven veteran who can throw 4 like more than 500 yards in 1 game if I remember correctly,
and we have a good coach who has proven he could win with injures, without injuries....
and we still got sooooo long till the 1st. kickoff whos 2 say that the team is not gonna upgrade in June..... I definetly am not....
enough said......

KILL THE NEGATIVITY.....

Take a chill pill! It's not being negative every time someone questions something about our team. I am sorry if can find weak spots in our team, the truth is the truth. I'm not saying we won't be good or even great, just that we need to improve. You are right, we hopefully will improve after june 1st, no one said otherwise...

so relax on this "i'm getting sick of the negativity" stuff...It;s a message board, people are going to want to talk about more than just the good things. The reality is while we may be a good team, we still have some holes that I for one would like to see fixed. that's all.

Yasgur's Farm
03-19-2005, 07:25 AM
I'm just curious what makes you think we are building a working man's rushing offensive line especially at the interior. Aside from the fact that we already have Villarrial who is an excellent run blocker and adequate pass protector... We signed Gandy who is better suited for the interior and a much better run blocker than Tucker. We looked at DeMulling, Womack and Anderson all of which are better run blockers than pass protectors and all of which are better suited for the interior (although Womack could play tackle).

All indicators point toward my theory and that theory isn't exactly far fetched. We were told last year that the Bills were gonna work toward becoming a smash mouth offense.

As far as balance goes... do you consider it balance when a team has near equal pass vs run plays? Or would it be better balanced if that team had near equal passing vs. rushing yards? I propose the second choice.

BigZ
03-19-2005, 07:26 AM
Take a chill pill! It's not being negative every time someone questions something about our team. I am sorry if can find weak spots in our team, the truth is the truth. I'm not saying we won't be good or even great, just that we need to improve. You are right, we hopefully will improve after june 1st, no one said otherwise...

so relax on this "i'm getting sick of the negativity" stuff...It;s a message board, people are going to want to talk about more than just the good things. The reality is while we may be a good team, we still have some holes that I for one would like to see fixed. that's all.
He probably just read some of Weiler's latest stuff. Yea, the Bills have some holes but it's only March. I don't mind reading constructive criticism, comments on what we think needs to be done and even frustration that remedies don't seem to be happening as fast as we like. I, too, get a little upset when my sports news on my home page starts with "
"Talk" Once Again Leading "Walk" in Race at OBD
By Mark Weiler". The rest of the world doesn't need to think that all Bills fans think of one of the better GM's in the league as "Commander Tom". Buffalo gets enough bad press without trash talk from Mark making the national scene.

jamze132
03-19-2005, 09:18 AM
I believe this will account for the Bills rushing for 2500 or maybe even as much as 3000 yards next year.

Uh... You have any idea how many yards that is? But if we did, I would be a happy camper because we would make the playoffs.

Yasgur's Farm
03-19-2005, 09:38 AM
Uh... You have any idea how many yards that is? But if we did, I would be a happy camper because we would make the playoffs. The Bills have done it before in their history... and with less games in a season I might add. So to answer your question, yes I know how many yards that is.

Willis McGahee... 1700 or more
JP Losman... 300 or more
Lee Evans... 200 or more
Shaud Williams... 300 or more

That alone is 2500 yards... Shall I continue?

HurryUpTom
03-19-2005, 09:38 AM
Aside from the fact that we already have Villarrial who is an excellent run blocker and adequate pass protector... We signed Gandy who is better suited for the interior and a much better run blocker than Tucker. We looked at DeMulling, Womack and Anderson all of which are better run blockers than pass protectors and all of which are better suited for the interior (although Womack could play tackle).

All indicators point toward my theory and that theory isn't exactly far fetched. We were told last year that the Bills were gonna work toward becoming a smash mouth offense.

As far as balance goes... do you consider it balance when a team has near equal pass vs run plays? Or would it be better balanced if that team had near equal passing vs. rushing yards? I propose the second choice.
Gandy is a backup and I think the characteristic of a line is determined by its starters, so I say LG is still a ? whether or not it's a run-blocking strength. We did bring in all those guys, but we also didn't sign any of them, so I don't think that you can read too much into that. Personally, if we bring people in and don't sign them, I take that as more of an indicator that they aren't a good fit with our team, than an indicator that they do fit into our plan.

Regarding balance ... your definition means that only Atlanta has a balanced offense - and I would actually consider that to be a distortion of statistics as a lot of their "rushing" yards come on passing plays when Vick takes off. I don't think a balanced attack is related to the numbers - a balanced attack is one in which, when situation allows, the defense does not know whether you are going to run or pass on a neutral down (i.e. 2nd and 6). Game scores are going to determine the exact ratio more often than the coaching philosophy, so I think going by a yard ratio or attempt ratio is misleading. For instance, the Bills have a 3 point lead and the ball with 2:15 remaining in the 4th - they are most likely going to run the ball every single play. They are not running a balanced attack for this portion of the game, but those numbers are going to skew whether or not they have a balanced attack when the situation permits.

Yasgur's Farm
03-19-2005, 10:54 AM
Hmmm... let's take a simple look at who should be starter...
Mike Gandy appeared in 31 games and started 30 in 4 seasons.
Ross Tucker appeared in 41 games and started 24 in 4 seasons.
Edge to Gandy on this simple analysis. It's safe to say that Gandy would have many more starts if it wasn't for his injury last season. Anyway... it very well could be that Tucker starts at center if Teague moves to tackle. If you'd like to do a more complex analysis, be my guest. However I will ask that you have a little something to back up what you say.

As far as who we bring in... We bring in those we're interested in AND who might fit our scheme... as well as with consideration of our finances. We don't bring in people whom we're not interested in and who obviously do not fit our scheme. The clear observance is that we're bringing in workmenlike interiors who are better run blockers than pass blockers. That's gotta be worth something in drawing a conclusion on what we're looking to accomplish.

On to the balance issue... The situation the Bills are in is that they're starting a young QB who will grow into a strong QB in this league. However at this point in his career, it would be the wisest approach to throttle him back and not expect too much. If he produces better, that's a bonus. That being said, the expectation of passing yardage must be in the 2500 to 3000 range. At the same time we all have to recognize that we have something special happening in one Willis McGahee and the high expectations are justified. Conclusion... It's not an unreasonable expectaion that or rushing yardage could very well match our passing yardage. For this team this season... That's the formula for balance.

Of course it's my opinion

HurryUpTom
03-19-2005, 11:12 AM
I don't doubt that Gandy would start as the line is currently constructed. However, that doesn't mean that he is a starting calibre OL and that he'll be the starter once the season begins. IMO, Gandy is not good enough to be a regular starter in the NFL. No point in trying to convince me otherwise, as it can't be done - I may be wrong, but from what I've seen and heard, my mind won't change on that until the season. Yes, Gandy's strength is run-blocking, but that is his strength versus his pass blocking, not his strength versus the rest of the league's run-blocking, and as such, IMO, he does not constitute, this middle-of-the-line run blocking machine of which you speak.

As I said, I agree with your sentiments that we need to have a line built around the run. I also agree that we can't rely on JP too much.

I do think your expectations for team rushing yards is unrealistic, but I'm not going to try and change your mind.

Yasgur's Farm
03-19-2005, 11:14 AM
Only thing I left to say... Started 30 of 31 games for an NFL team who had a better line than Buffalo.

In 2002 Miami and Minnesota each rushed for over 2500 yards.
In 2003 Baltimore, Denver and Green Bay.
In 2004 Atlanta.

Certainly not unheard of.

HurryUpTom
03-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Only thing I left to say... Started 30 of 31 games for an NFL team who had a better line than Buffalo.We are talking about Mike Gandy, of the Bills, right? He only started like 5 games last year.

He may have started 30 of the 31 games that he appeared in, but he didn't start 30 of Chicago's last 31 games. His starts/games numbers are normal for OL - they usually play the entire game, unlike receivers who may not start but still reach the field.

Yasgur's Farm
03-19-2005, 11:25 AM
We are talking about Mike Gandy, of the Bills, right? He only started like 5 games last year.

He may have started 30 of the 31 games that he appeared in, but he didn't start 30 of Chicago's last 31 games. His starts/games numbers are normal for OL - they usually play the entire game, unlike receivers who may not start but still reach the field. He was injurred the last 11 games of 2004.
He started 30 of Chicago's last 48 games and missed at least the 11 from last season due to injury.

HurryUpTom
03-19-2005, 11:29 AM
He was injurred the last 11 games of 2004.
He started 30 of Chicago's last 48 games and missed at least the 11 from last season due to injury.
Where did the 30 of 31 come from then?

Yasgur's Farm
03-19-2005, 11:45 AM
He appeared in 31 games in his career... he started 30 of those... 30 of 31.

Likewise... Tucker is 24 of 41.

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 11:48 AM
have you ever really watched gandy play.. or are your basing your judgement on whether or not he will start on how many starts he got in chicago.. and your basing your judgement on if he is a "much better run blocker" than tucker on what?

what has been done to help this "workman like" line? adding gandy to replace our best Olineman, jennings? wow.. the master poker player in full effect.. i am just not feeling your theory.. sorry.

now we are looking at who? demulling - gone, womack - gone, anderson - a reject that the ravens havent even considered resigning.. an undrafted free agent that plays RG, not LG, which is what we need.

Yasgur's Farm
03-19-2005, 11:59 AM
Call it rose color glasses if you like...

The fact remains that Gandy is a better run blocker than Tucker... That would make his addition to the team an improvement. Especially if Teague is forced outside and Tucker is moved to center.

The fact remains that Gandy was Chicago's starter in 2004 until his injury early last season. It's safe to conclude that he would have started the remaining 11 games.

The fact remains that the Bills were weak when it came to interior run blocking and that Tucker was arguably the weakest link.

The fact remains that Willis McGahee, despite the weak interior run blocking, averaged almost 100 yards/game... translating to almost 1600 yards over a 16 game season. It's not unrealistic to expect 1700 or so yards from him in 2005.

The fact remains that the Drewler threw for 2932 yards last season and I believe JP Losman is an improvement. It's not unrealistic to expect at least 2500 yards from him and an additional 300 yards rushing.

The fact remains that it's not unreasonable to expect our backup running back to gain 400 yards rushing.

It's not unreasonable to expect our WR's to gain 200 yards rushing on reverses and trick plays.

Lastly... you bring up LT... TD is bringing in only interiors... Why? I imagine he has a good reason and an equally solid plan. Could be Williams to LT. Could be Peters or McFarland have grown that much. Could be Teague is moving outside. Could be LJ Shelton. Could be the draft.

At any rate, my post was focused on interiors as I stated.

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 01:38 PM
what are you basing your opinion on gandy's run blocking on?

are you basing it on gandy being considered the 3rd tackle as john clayton reported? do you have any proof whatsoever that he is a better run blocker than tucker?

you keep referring to the "facts"... but back them up with little to no substance

Yasgur's Farm
03-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Come on man. Don't you look at player profiles from the various sources? I'm sure you do and you know full well what they say.

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 01:48 PM
link?

show me where it says he was anything above an average player that stuck for a while with the bears because of his draft spot and the fact that there oline was not that good.

your post is exactly my point.. your talking about gandy like you know something about him.. all you know of is a couple of brief notes you read on him.. but your making assumptions and calling them facts.. when the only fact that we know about gandy is that he cant stay healthy.. and he is a bill.. that is all we know.. and the only thing that has been implied is that he was signed to take marcus prices role as the 3rd tackle..

SoCalBillsFan
03-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Player profiles?!? You can't base an entire argument based on what some profile says.

Yasgur's Farm
03-19-2005, 02:22 PM
Tatonka,

1) I presented just 1 post in this thread in which I stated it as fact. OK, hang me then... It's my opinion based on profiles I've read both here and bb.com.

2) Gandy did more than just stick around as a starter on the Bears based on draft status. He started 11 of the final 12 games of 2002. He started 14 games in 2003 while missing the other 2 to injury. He started the 1st 5 games of 2004 before being lost the rest of the season. That equates to starting 30 times in 35 games he was available to play in over the past 3 seasons. And the Chicago line could arguably be considered better than the Bills line.

I'm not saying he's an All Pro... Just that I think his addition is 1 clue of many about what direction TD is going... Which is the context of this thread. It seems that because you don't agree with the optimism, that somehow finding exception with 1 small detail makes the whole point invalid.

SoCalBillsFan... As I'm sure you have read... this is not an entire argument... just a very small detail of the subject of this thread. But While I've got you ear... How would you propose evaluating a player short of watching every Bears game over the last few years with the benefit of knowing he would be a Bill 1 day? That's exactly what palyer profiles and scouting reports are for... Not for the pros mind you... but for us amateurs.

Geeeesh... a little blood in the water and all the sharks move in.

gobuffalo2007
03-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Would you mind telling me what the typos are. I'm way to lazy to reread it.
Ex: the combination of henry and bledsoe worked terribly agaist the bills.

jamze132
03-19-2005, 02:27 PM
The Bills have done it before in their history... and with less games in a season I might add. So to answer your question, yes I know how many yards that is.

Willis McGahee... 1700 or more
JP Losman... 300 or more
Lee Evans... 200 or more
Shaud Williams... 300 or more

That alone is 2500 yards... Shall I continue?
Yeah... whatever.

Yasgur's Farm
03-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Ex: the combination of henry and bledsoe worked terribly agaist the bills.It took you a whole day to fabricate a spelling error? Nice try!

BTW... I used caps for Bledsoe and Henry.

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 02:35 PM
bottom line is.. gandy is an injury prone back up at this point who has not proved that he can beat out tucker, let alone help anyones offense get close to 2500 yard rushing.

Yasgur's Farm
03-19-2005, 02:36 PM
bottom line is.. gandy is an injury prone back up at this point who has not proved that he can beat out tucker, let alone help anyones offense get close to 2500 yard rushing.Would that be fact... or opinion?

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 02:38 PM
it is fact that gandy cant stay healty.. it is also fact that he has not beaten anyone on this team out of any spot.

you listed the proof yourself in all your posts.. he started 11, then 14, then 5 games in three seasons.. WOW.. color me impressed.

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 02:39 PM
:rofl: jennings looks like an iron man compaired to gandy..

HurryUpTom
03-19-2005, 02:39 PM
Ex: the combination of henry and bledsoe worked terribly agaist the bills.Sorry, I find this very funny. The text you quoted is different than it appears in the original text. To me that indicates you've changed it to show that he has an error where one didn't exist before.

However, the very next sentence is where a typo occurs: "Bledsoe was slow and imobile ..."

I'm not picking on you draz, we all make typos and there are hardly any in your original post. I just find it funny that someone makes up a typo when all they had to do is read one more sentence to find one.

Yasgur's Farm
03-19-2005, 02:42 PM
it is fact that gandy cant stay healty.. it is also fact that he has not beaten anyone on this team out of any spot.

you listed the proof yourself in all your posts.. he started 11, then 14, then 5 games in three seasons.. WOW.. color me impressed. I'm not asking you to be impressed... Just to weigh Gandy vs Tucker not Gandy vs an all pro.

Tucker's 24 career starts are a wee bit less impressive in my mind. And I like Tucker.

Yasgur's Farm
03-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Sorry, I find this very funny. The text you quoted is different than it appears in the original text. To me that indicates you've changed it to show that he has an error where one didn't exist before.

However, the very next sentence is where a typo occurs: "Bledsoe was slow and imobile ..."

I'm not picking on you draz, we all make typos and there are hardly any in your original post. I just find it funny that someone makes up a typo when all they had to do is read one more sentence to find one.LOL... Nice find. Thanx for recognizing that this guy's just yacking to make noise.

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 02:46 PM
starts are not any kind of definative gauge as to how good a player is.. mike williams had 32 starts before he even resembled anything close to a decent RT.. he is barely there now and has over 40 under his belt... just because he started games doesnt mean squat.

am i saying tucker is great? no.. honestly.. i think if gandy or tucker is starting at LG, then it is obvious that the bills are not serious about improving the one weak spot on the team.

Yasgur's Farm
03-19-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm not looking to make a huge deal out of all this. Quite frankly, it's clear we're not gonna see eye to eye on this topic. I have respect for your posts and your status here at BillsZone. I'll just go on being an informed optimist and you can continue on whatever path you choose.

SoCalBillsFan
03-19-2005, 02:52 PM
SoCalBillsFan... As I'm sure you have read... this is not an entire argument... just a very small detail of the subject of this thread. But While I've got you ear... How would you propose evaluating a player short of watching every Bears game over the last few years with the benefit of knowing he would be a Bill 1 day? That's exactly what palyer profiles and scouting reports are for... Not for the pros mind you... but for us amateurs.

RIght, because the choice is either watch every bears game or just read the profile :rolleyes:

Profiles can be helpful, but to present all of these "facts" about how much better gandy is than tucker or anyone else without ever having seen the guy play is a stretch. That's my point. You can't say a guy is better than another guy simply by reading his profile. If you are going to make a claim like that, at least see him play a couple times.

So to answer your question, I "propose" reading the profile AND watching the guy play before presenting "facts"

Still, I hope you are right about Gandy!

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 03:06 PM
I'm not looking to make a huge deal out of all this. Quite frankly, it's clear we're not gonna see eye to eye on this topic. I have respect for your posts and your status here at BillsZone. I'll just go on being an informed optimist and you can continue on whatever path you choose.

all i am asking is if your claiming that your informed.. than convince me.. what is it about gandy or anything that the bills have done that make you believe that we are in even remotely the same shape our line was in last year?

it would be great if you were right.. hell.. i hope gandy is the best FA pick up in history.. but nothing in his past shows that he can stay healthy or that he was ever even that good. and nothing that the bills have done, which includes losing a quality LT, and signing an injury prone lineman to compete for a spot on the team, has shown that they are doing enough, or anything really to improve.. and i am talking about just improving to get back to where we were last season.. we are not remotely in the ball park of being a dominant line.

we have a center and RG who are in their 30s.. the center is going to be a FA next season and he may have to be moved to LT.. we have a RT that is making more than the most elite LTs in the league at 9 mill a year.. and we have no idea who our LG is.. but we do know that other than our center.. we can play a UFA tight end at LT as well.

:bikerbabe

Bill Brasky
03-19-2005, 03:16 PM
I really think our Oline will be at worst similar to last year's production, with a possibility of our Oline being better.

wow :doh: :crazy: What fantasy land are you from? Can I come visit?

mysticsoto
03-19-2005, 03:27 PM
have you ever really watched gandy play.. or are your basing your judgement on whether or not he will start on how many starts he got in chicago.. and your basing your judgement on if he is a "much better run blocker" than tucker on what?

what has been done to help this "workman like" line? adding gandy to replace our best Olineman, jennings? wow.. the master poker player in full effect.. i am just not feeling your theory.. sorry.

now we are looking at who? demulling - gone, womack - gone, anderson - a reject that the ravens havent even considered resigning.. an undrafted free agent that plays RG, not LG, which is what we need.
Well don't just criticize...what are your suggestions for improving the line?

I'm not going to say Gandy is the solution to all our problems and I don't think anyone else is. Draft some talent, and together with our current signees, let McNally sort them out. I will respect whatever he decides and whomever he places in a particular position...

Yasgur's Farm
03-19-2005, 03:51 PM
all i am asking is if your claiming that your informed.. than convince me.. what is it about gandy or anything that the bills have done that make you believe that we are in even remotely the same shape our line was in last year?
:bikerbabe I've given you my opinion, my logic, some valid facts and some not so valid facts. In any event, I've done everything I'm willing to do to justify my optimistic opinion. If you don't agree, so be it... Sorry man. I'm tapped out. You can have the bone big dawg.

gobuffalo2007
03-19-2005, 04:54 PM
It took you a whole day to fabricate a spelling error? Nice try!

BTW... I used caps for Bledsoe and Henry.

no no idiot!
it says the combitnation worked terribly against the bills. (no spelling errors)
how could they work against the bills if there on the team?

Yasgur's Farm
03-19-2005, 05:20 PM
no no idiot!
it says the combitnation worked terribly against the bills. (no spelling errors)

but A+++ for effort.
oh and next time check for typos.Did you or did you not say typos? You sure as hell didn't say grammer... not that there was anything wrong with my grammer.

From the sound of it, I'd say you're rolling a few too many each day.

gobuffalo2007
03-19-2005, 05:33 PM
Did you or did you not say typos? You sure as hell didn't say grammer... not that there was anything wrong with my grammer.

From the sound of it, I'd say you're rolling a few too many each day.
NEGGED!
hey if you want to talk **** say it to my face so i can beat your ass.
damn kid.

Yasgur's Farm
03-19-2005, 05:38 PM
NEGGED!
damn kid.I did say it to your face ... and I'm 47 punk... Wanna piece?

Congratulations, you're the 1st to make my ignore list!

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 05:45 PM
Well don't just criticize...what are your suggestions for improving the line?

I'm not going to say Gandy is the solution to all our problems and I don't think anyone else is. Draft some talent, and together with our current signees, let McNally sort them out. I will respect whatever he decides and whomever he places in a particular position...

i have made suggestions all along...

at this point.. the options are very slim.. we really could have used vincent, the guy who the ravens coveted more than anderson..

if i had to make a plan right now..

i would trade our 3rd round pick for shelton... since henry pretty much ruined his one chance to be traded.. we have no one on our roster that is of starting calibler.. and while terry or barron or the guy from washington huskies (i am drawing a blank on his name right now) may or may not turn out to be better than shelton, shelton offers 4 years of at least average service for 3 mill a year, which is outstanding for a LT and he can be had 1-2 rounds later than the rookies.

as far as guard.. i would absolutely make sure that i did what i had to to grab baas or the like in the 2nd round.. if i had to give up some later picks to move up and get him.. i would..

if those two things happened, i would feel much more optimistic.. and then we could also feel great about our depth.. because while gandy and tucker are not good starters imho, i think they will or can be great back ups.. especially since gandy can play T or G, and tucker can play G or C.

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 05:46 PM
I've given you my opinion, my logic, some valid facts and some not so valid facts. In any event, I've done everything I'm willing to do to justify my optimistic opinion. If you don't agree, so be it... Sorry man. I'm tapped out. You can have the bone big dawg.

i am not trying to beat you into submission.. its a message board.. i am just debating with you.. no hard feelings.

Yasgur's Farm
03-19-2005, 05:52 PM
No hard feelings... I just didn't intend to make Gandy vs Tucker the focal point of this thread. I allowed myself to stray from the point.

gobuffalo2007
03-19-2005, 07:48 PM
I did say it to your face ... and I'm 47 punk... Wanna piece?

Congratulations, you're the 1st to make my ignore list!
Oh my god please dont ignore me i wanted.....
WTF! why do you think I would even care!

Cntrygal
03-19-2005, 08:24 PM
no no idiot!

Relax. :tap: No name calling. Attack the posts, not the posters.

gobuffalo2007
03-19-2005, 08:26 PM
well im just defending myself the guy is trying to make me look like an idiot.

Cntrygal
03-19-2005, 08:34 PM
well im just defending myself the guy is trying to make me look like an idiot.

Then dispute the information in his posts. ;)

Yasgur's Farm
03-20-2005, 08:37 AM
:liar:

but A+++ for effort.
oh and next time check for typos.
Ex: the combination of henry and bledsoe worked terribly agaist the bills.
no no idiot!
NEGGED!
damn kid.
Oh my god please dont ignore me i wanted.....
WTF! why do you think I would even care!
well im just defending myself the guy is trying to make me look like an idiot.:crazy:You're doing a pretty good job of that yourself. :clap: Now it's back to the ignore list for you.

Wys Guy
07-28-2007, 04:18 PM
BTTT!!!

raphael120
07-29-2007, 10:20 AM
With this thread I think this year you can enter "Langston Walker" everywhere it says Gandy.

Yasgur's Farm
07-29-2007, 10:29 AM
I was hoping this thread would sink to the bottom. I'm not sure why Wys resurrected it from the dead... But it's funny.

Jan Reimers
07-29-2007, 10:52 AM
I guess Wys just wants to show us how misguided our optimism is, and how he always prevails with his negativity.

But one of these years, optimism will prevail.

Wys Guy
07-29-2007, 11:16 AM
I guess Wys just wants to show us how misguided our optimism is, and how he always prevails with his negativity.

But one of these years, optimism will prevail.

LOL

Hi Jan, how are ya!!! ;)

Yes, you are correct under one of two scenarios.

Yours, in which even a stopped clock is right twice a day, and exactly the manner in which Jauron was 13-3 in '01 entirely predicated on taking advantage of a soft schedule followed by a whomping in the playoffs and wedged in between 5-11 and 4-12 seasons.

Or, my scenario in which we actually hire a competent GM, already proven or not, and a competent and proven head coach with winning in his dossier that can be at least partially and directly attributed to his coaching.

Alas, we have neither at this point and it's obvious to even a blind man that we won't be getting one for as long as Wilson is alive if his track record is to be the guide.

Jauron drags a string of failures accompanied by a litany of excuses levied as to why none of those failures has anything to do with him.

Meanwhile, on the GM side of the formula we have a GM that is providing amusement for football fans and pundits in general and one whose high risk strategies clearly validate preliminary concerns of lacks of his lack of experience.

But he's young and will learn. He'll only be 82 in a few days and has most of his life still ahead of him. So in conjunction with Wilson who turns 89 this fall, 90 next season, we should be patient.

So in that regard what you say makes perfect sense.

Otherwise I will let the facts of everyone else's statements speak for themselves. There's still time to edit them. LOL

;)

Yasgur's Farm
07-29-2007, 11:28 AM
What does "BTTT!!!" mean?

Wys Guy
07-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Back to the top

streetkings01
07-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Shouldn't posters be banned for pulling up threads from 2 years ago???