X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Bills Making moves

The Buffalo Bills entertained free-agent guard Bennie Anderson of the Baltimore Ravens on Friday.

Size is Anderson's strength. He is massive at 6-foot-5 and 345 pounds.

Anderson, 28, started four straight years for the Ravens at right guard. He's known as a mauler, good at run blocking. Pulling and playing an athletic style are not considered his strengths.

The Ravens decided not to pursue him this offseason. Anderson was an undrafted rookie out of Tennessee State in 2001 and played in the defunct XFL before joining the Ravens. He has started 60 games the past four seasons.

Meanwhile, the Bills made two other moves. They signed running back Joe Burns and guaranteed the return of special teams captain Coy Wire by restructuring his contract.

• G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

I am not sure why Bills are looking at Mr. Anderson unless they are seriously considering moving Trey to tackle and Tucker to center. As I said before the Bills need to extend Trey before giving him an OT which tends to drive up cost for players and then we need to go thru same thing next year.

Comment

• jamze132
      • Jun 2003

I would rather have Anderson starting at G than Gandy.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

I am thinking the Bills want to sign a guard then look at the draft for the LT spot perhaps even move up in the draft to grab a good offensive linemen.

Comment

• tampabay25690
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by The Spaz
          I am thinking the Bills want to sign a guard then look at the draft for the LT spot perhaps even move up in the draft to grab a good offensive linemen.
          I have a feeling they are trying to do that also, but dont be surprised if we sign Marcus Price still..
          GO Gators!!!!!!
          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

Wasn't Gandy signed as a 3rd Tackle? We'd start Anderson and put Tucker in the 3rd Guard spot.
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• HurryUpTom
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by G. Host
              I am not sure why Bills are looking at Mr. Anderson unless they are seriously considering moving Trey to tackle and Tucker to center. As I said before the Bills need to extend Trey before giving him an OT which tends to drive up cost for players and then we need to go thru same thing next year.
              Tucker is a backup and Anderson is a starter. I don't think they'll have to do any shuffling to bring Anderson on board.

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HurryUpTom
                Tucker is a backup and Anderson is a starter. I don't think they'll have to do any shuffling to bring Anderson on board.
                Tucker is not a backup IMO; he proved it last year.

Comment

• HurryUpTom
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by G. Host
                  Tucker is not a backup IMO; he proved it last year.
                  I disagree and I think management agrees with me ... the Bills would not be bringing in every FA OG this offseason if they were not concerned about their starter there.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

tucker is being paid like a back up as well.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• VABills
                      • Sep 2003

Tucker is a backup at Guard and Center. Gandy was brought in to backup guard and possibly tackle. He will replacve Price who's career is probably over with injuries. Anderson will be the starting LG. IMHO the Bills will not start a rookie at LT. If they draft one early he will play RT and Williams will move left. If they get Baas he may start at Center and Trey moved to LT, but that's doesn't make me feel real good about the line.

Comment

• Romes
                        • Jul 2002

the Burns re-signing is on the front page of bb.com now, its official. Nothing on the Wire re-structuring though...
                        Originally posted by paladin warrior
                        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

Working...
                        X