PDA

View Full Version : Coy Wire restructured, added a year

G. Host
03-19-2005, 08:58 AM
Meanwhile, the Bills made two other moves. They signed running back Joe Burns and guaranteed the return of special teams captain Coy Wire by restructuring his contract.

On the roster the past three years, Burns became a free agent March 2. He was fifth in special teams tackles last season.

Wire is the Bills' backup at strong safety and has been a special teams mainstay for three seasons. Escalators in his contract were scheduled to bring his salary up to $1.4 million, but the Bills brought that figure down in the restructuring to gain salary cap relief (how much was not available), and Wire now is under contract through 2006. more (Buffalo News) (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050319/1015127.asp)

Hopefully Clump will get salary figures soon.
Updated signed per year page.
http://members.cox.net/billswatch/players.html

jamze132
03-19-2005, 09:12 AM
At least our Special Teams unit hasn't changed very much from last year. I just hope that McGee has the type of year he had last year. It makes it that much easier for Losman when the Special Teams and defense score for ya.

chubluv
03-19-2005, 09:15 AM
At least our Special Teams unit hasn't changed very much from last year. I just hope that McGee has the type of year he had last year. It makes it that much easier for Losman when the Special Teams and defense score for ya.

thats very true, thats when the offense made that turn around last year when the D/St made it easier on them by scoring or giving them the ball in great field position.

Kerr
03-19-2005, 09:17 AM
I'm glad Wire is still on the team. He's a lousy backup, but a very good special teams player. I just hope he doesn't have to start again this season.

clumping platelets
03-19-2005, 09:40 AM
It was an escalator pegged to the 1st rd RFA tender of $1.43 million :shakeno:

Accurate information is tough to come by when reading the Buffalo Snooze

djjimkelly
03-19-2005, 09:45 AM
im happy wire is back but he definately still wouldnt be the backup at either safety spot.

IS EVERYONE FORGETTING RASHAD BAKER?
he is the backup

tampabay25690
03-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Good move to keep or Special Teams captain intact. And free some space up, I think TD is trying to make a move right now....I guess we will have to wait and see..

Michael82
03-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Two very nice moves and both are for the Special Teams. Joe Burns did a nice job in the coverage team when he was out there. Wire was the captain. If only Prioleau did the same thing that Wire did. :sadwalk:

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 11:14 AM
:rofl:

so izelle reese got benched.. then inactivated.. then no one in the nfl signs him..

and coy wire gets an extension..

just like you called it huh, juice?

:roflmao:

ryjam282
03-19-2005, 11:38 AM
I like the resigning. He is a good special teams player and makes a great fit on this team. I can't see him playing much on the defense but.....good job TD. Any details on the new contract?

juice
03-19-2005, 01:53 PM
:rofl:

so izelle reese got benched.. then inactivated.. then no one in the nfl signs him..

and coy wire gets an extension..

just like you called it huh, juice?

:roflmao:Wire was a steal in the draft.. best draft choice TD ever made.

A guy with his ability could have easily gone in the 2nd round.. when we lose Milloy he'll be the eventual starter - you sure were right about this super-stud Tonk.

He's the total package and a TD drafted player.. I wonder why he didn't ask for more money while he was restructuring his contract for the League minimum.

BTW officially was he given an extension or was it a pay cut?

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 01:57 PM
where did i ever say that juice?? rofl.. now your just making **** up..

i do know that apparently the coaches disagree with your "reese is the best cover safety line.. along with the rest of the nfl.. who have no interest in signing him.

i do also know i asked you to put money on it, and you dodged it like a coward.. you said wire wouldnt even make the roster this year.. hmmm..

looks like since they just extended him.. you were off a bit.. but then again.. you have never really been right about much.. so we expect it.. you run when asked to back up your garbage.

juice
03-19-2005, 02:24 PM
You said he would be a starting FS Biotch.. STFU.

The only reason he's still around is because TD drafted him when he should've been an Undrafted Free Agent ant TD didn't want to admit he screwed up.

What position on defense can he play? Not FS or SS like you said. Your origonal stance was that he could transition to a DB and takeover at FS for Reese.. you were as wrong about that as TD was in wasting a draft choice on this scrub.

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 02:32 PM
You said he would be a starting FS Biotch.. STFU.

The only reason he's still around is because TD drafted him when he should've been an Undrafted Free Agent ant TD didn't want to admit he screwed up.

What position on defense can he play? Not FS or SS like you said. Your origonal stance was that he could transition to a DB and takeover at FS for Reese.. you were as wrong about that as TD was in wasting a draft choice on this scrub.

we was a better FS than reese "the unemployed" was... which isnt saying much..

and i have stated so many times over that i was wrong, and that he wasnt a good fit for FS.. he IS currently the primary back up to Milloy.. and the captain of our special teams.. just like tasker was.. he has value.. unlike your boy reese.. who is so good at coverage, he cant get a job.

wire is still on the roster.. reese cant get a job in the nfl.. just face the music.. you have yet to admit that you made a HORRRIBLE call on reese..

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=29284&highlight=reese+beast

see this thread where you turned into a woman and ran away.. i called it perfectly.. and you coward in the corner.

Sportsuser101
03-19-2005, 02:35 PM
:clap:

Good work Wire and Burns.

juice
03-19-2005, 02:45 PM
You dont think I could see that was a suckers bet on a TD drafted player?

That guy will never play any DB position in the NFL ever again after that pathetic display he put on last year.. he was abused by every team we faced.

You must still have confidence that things will work out for him as a DB since you keep refering to him as Milloys backup.. You were wrong then about his abilities and your wrong now.

He's a Gunner point blank.. don't get him being listed as a DB on the depth chart twisted, Wire blew his chance last year when he showed he had no cover ability at all.

Don't worry Coyboy has a chance to be a factor on ST, he'll never, ever, ever, see the field as a DB

Sportsuser101
03-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Umm.. Wire will play safety next year at some point. I'll go out on a limb.

djjimkelly
03-19-2005, 02:49 PM
must i lol repeat RASHAD BAKER is the backup safety at both spots!

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 02:53 PM
You dont think I could see that was a suckers bet on a TD drafted player?

no.. i think you were scared because you knew you were wrong.. you had no faith in all the **** you talking while hyping up REESE THE BEAST.. you know.. as you said.. "i think we have found our starting FS for the future". :rofl:

That guy will never play any DB position in the NFL ever again after that pathetic display he put on last year.. he was abused by every team we faced.

finally.. you can be honest to yourself about REESE THE BEAST! :roflmao:

You must still have confidence that things will work out for him as a DB since you keep refering to him as Milloys backup.. as of right now, my reference is exactly right.. unless another SS is drafted, then Wire is milloy's back up and the ONLY other SS on the roster..

He's a Gunner point blank.. don't get him being listed as a DB on the depth chart twisted, Wire blew his chance last year when he showed he had no cover ability at all.

Don't worry Coyboy has a chance to be a factor on ST, he'll never, ever, ever, see the field as a DB

he is not just a gunner.. he is the special teams captain..

and do you care to put your money where your mouth is this time, juicey? i will bet you 50$ that wire does see the field again this year as a db in some capacity at some point...

sack up son.. you've been proved wrong so many times that your bound to get something right.. not this.. but something... one day... maybe.

:tip:

i am sure you will back down again from your statement.. typical juice style.. all bark and no bite.

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 02:56 PM
must i lol repeat RASHAD BAKER is the backup safety at both spots!

um... you can repeat it.. but it doesnt make it right..

baker is a FS.. not a SS..

the depth chart is:

FS
Vincent
Baker

SS
Milloy
Wire

so what is it you feel you need to repeat?

djjimkelly
03-19-2005, 03:55 PM
in the first few weeks of the year he took over at SS even though he is a FS that will not change again next year

Tatonka
03-19-2005, 05:32 PM
that is not true..

you will never see vincent and baker out there at the same time.. period.

bakers knock and the reason he was not drafted is because he is not a big hitter.. he is a good cover guy.. but he is not good at playing the run..

coy wire was out there playing ss until milloy got back, with prioleau subbing in with wire.. baker was never the ss.. if anything he could have been playing the nickle back some and easy enough to confuse.