PDA

View Full Version : Who do you believe TD will draft in the 2nd?

Kerr
03-19-2005, 10:03 AM
It's still a little early seeing as how FA signings could probably change the outcome of the draft for every team, but as of now who do you think is TD's first target? And why you think TD will be targeting this player.

My pick is TE Alex Smith from.........Stanford.

I think TD will surprise everyone and wait to select OL in the 3rd or 4th. Let's face it. We don't have a playmaker at the TE position. We could really use one, especially for a young qb. Campbell is decent, Euhus is more of a possession receiver and Nuefeld? Mainly a blocker and H-back. Take for instance, Kyle Boller. The guy has a running game, a pro bowl TE, but has always lacked the big play receivers. It's not enough just having a good back and TE these days. Boller has needed receivers to help the offense. We have the receivers and the back. Now all we need is a TE. Heath Miller is the top rated TE in this years class, but he'll be gone before we pick. Smith is the next best TE in a weak TE class. He bring the whole package: Blocking and Receiving. He could come in and start right away.

Sportsuser101
03-19-2005, 11:36 AM
I like both Campbell and Euhus. I'm 1 of the few who don't think we need to address the TE position at least early on in the draft.

I think we need to address the offensive line even if we do sign Anderson and trade for Shelton which I think is still on the table. But I think if we do sign Anderson and trade for Shelton that we will wait alittle later for olineman and that we'll go CB or LB route and then address the backup RB position then o-line. In the 6th or 7th round we can address the kicker situation.

That Guy
03-19-2005, 11:43 AM
I think that if we were to get a TE, I'd want to spend a pick on the new breed of Tight End (Gonzalez, Gates, Winslow, Shockey, Heap, Witten etc..). There just isn't one of those guys in the draft, so I don't see any of them being a significant improvement over Campbell or Euhus. I'd like to wait for next year's draft to get one of those. At that point, we'll have a better evaluation of our TE situation anyways.

ryjam282
03-19-2005, 11:45 AM
I think without a doubt he will go OL with that pick.

ShadowHawk7
03-19-2005, 01:48 PM
I pass on a day one TE too.

gobuffalo2007
03-19-2005, 01:50 PM
he will draft a kicker!!!

Joking

jamze132
03-19-2005, 02:31 PM
Maurice Clarrett... :funny:

gobuffalo2007
03-19-2005, 05:19 PM
Maurice Clarrett... :funny:

I say we might end up drafting him later in the draft.
only if henry goes tho. we will need a backup if henry goes.

SoCalBillsFan
03-19-2005, 05:46 PM
We dont need a TE in the draft...campbell and euhus are fine.

We might be forced to go OL if we don't add anyone else to the roster.

The thing with this discussion is we have no idea who will still be on the board by the time we pick.

Ron C.
03-19-2005, 06:36 PM
If Baas or Elton Brown are still available, TD will run up to Tags with the card.

The_Philster
03-19-2005, 06:58 PM
We dont need a TE in the draft...campbell and euhus are fine..We heard their injury status of late? That's the only thing going against them

SoCalBillsFan
03-19-2005, 08:34 PM
good point phil, and no I havent heard, but that is an important factor.

Scumbag College
03-19-2005, 09:46 PM
If Baas or Elton Brown are still available, TD will run up to Tags with the card.

By the second round, Gene Washington is usually announcing the pics. I'm the biggest geek in the world because i know this...

The Bills will pick Adam Terry.

The_Philster
03-19-2005, 10:23 PM
good point phil, and no I havent heard, but that is an important factor.

honestly, as far as the TE position goes, I think it's the only real factor in whether we draft one early. If they're going to be healthy, drafting a TE would be nuts, at least if there are any good OTs or DTs available. Campbell-Euhus-Neufeld may not be a set of All-Pros, but they do their jobs well and TE is not a weakness on the team if they are healthy.

SoCalBillsFan
03-19-2005, 10:35 PM
agree completely!

Phil :posrep:
(wish I could give more, but I haven't posted much since the new format...)

Romes
03-19-2005, 11:19 PM
I bet we go OT there is a new insider article that says that there could be as many as 9 OT that go between round 2 and 3. I bet we take one of them.

The Spaz
03-19-2005, 11:33 PM
O-linememn who could be there for us in the 2nd.

1.OT Marcus Johnson Ole Miss
2.OT Adam Terry Syracuse
3.OT Khalif Barnes Washington
4. OG Elton Brown Virginia
5. OG David Baas Michigan
6. OC Ben Wilkerson LSU