X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Dirt on Dante Brown????

I spoke with a friend of mine that is a big Steelers fan on Friday. I asked him about Dante Brown. He said that Dante though young and not yet tested was going to be missed. He said that he has size and speed and should be a nice suprise to back up Willis once he gets his feet wet in our offensive system.

Anybody got any more info on this guy (Dante)?
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

until otherwise proven.. he is training camp fodder
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ryjam282
      Offical Billszone Starting QB
      • Mar 2003

I agree, with Henry here still, he will be lucky to make the team.

Ryan Withey
      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Here's a description from his CNNSI Pre Draft Bio.

POSITIVES: Productive interior back with solid running skills on the inside. Patient ball carrier who waits for blocks to develop, drives up the field and picks up yardage off initial contact, breaking the first tackle. Solid vision and works his runs.

NEGATIVES: Runs tall, lacks the elusive footwork and speed to get around the corner. Not a natural pass receiver.

ANALYSIS: Displayed signs of ability as a junior but did not come up with the season needed last year.

Comment

• Crisis
          • Aug 2004

Sounds like a poor man's McGahee.
          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
          Vanek is Austrian not European
          Originally posted by Prov401
          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
          Originally posted by better days
          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Actually he might be more of a compliment as McGahee seemed to bounce a lot of his runs outside the tackles last season as recall.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

As far as measurables go, he's superior to every other RB on the team besides McGahee. Antowain Smith also had excellent measurables when he came out of college, and never became the elite RB we, and then the Patriots, hoped he'd become. But people were asking Smith to be a starter. Brown is only being considered as a backup. He may not juke a linebacker out of his uniform, but if the line makes a hole for him, he should in theory be able to go farther than Joe "Slow" Burns before he runs into the opposition. Shaud Williams is a very different and therefore complimentary type of back. I would think there is room and a role for both.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                • Mar 2003

What was said in the original post sounds good, so he'll have to beat out Joe Burns for a roster spot in our traing camp. The preseason will be his time to shine, just like shaud Williams.
                "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                X