PDA

View Full Version : I'd Rather Have Wade Back

justasportsfan
12-08-2002, 01:24 PM
At least he's got a winning record as a head coach and I don't recall the D being this bad.

I doubt if they will fire GW at the end of the season but Gray has to go!!!!!!!!

TacklingDummy
12-08-2002, 01:24 PM
They both have to go. I'd rather have Wade back too.

don137
12-08-2002, 01:27 PM
I am not impressed with Buffalo making adjustments during the game. I don't belive they will fire GW but I am sure if you asked the fans his approval rating is lower than Wade's during his tenure in Buffalo...

LABillsFan
12-08-2002, 01:32 PM
Wade also had a lot more vetern players than the Bills do now and had more years with the team as a DC and HC. This is GW's 2nd year. People must remember this is NOT a veteren team.

lunatic_bills_fan
12-08-2002, 01:34 PM
Still the lack of ability to adjust on KG, and GW shows why neither one of them is NFL caliber. Id mention JG, but he just does what GW tells him.

LABillsFan
12-08-2002, 01:43 PM
That's true Lunatic, Gray is running the D GW installed, but it's har to run a comp;icated D with young players, maybe next year things will start to click, I never was a big KG fan but this is a transition not rebuilding year. I would give KG another year, GW is in a no win situation though, if he abandons the 46, it makes him look like he didn't know what he was doing, if he sticks with it and it doesn't work, (he can't blame JG) it makes him look like he doesn't know what he is doing, the only way for him to succeed with the Bills is if it does work next year.

justasportsfan
12-08-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by LABillsFan
Wade also had a lot more vetern players than the Bills do now and had more years with the team as a DC and HC. This is GW's 2nd year. People must remember this is NOT a veteren team.

a ot of the other teams are not veteran teams either but their D isn't as bad as this

ArcticWildMan
12-08-2002, 03:06 PM
The style of defense we are running will never work unless we get a Jevon Kearse caliber DE and we upgrade our LB corp.

LABillsFan
12-08-2002, 03:13 PM
Like who sports fan? Do other teams have as many rookies and 2nd and 3rd year players like the Bills?

Novacane
12-08-2002, 03:23 PM
GW should be fired but I doubt he will be. If Jerry Gray is not canned than I don't have any high hopes for next year either

Rebecky
12-08-2002, 04:35 PM
It's not just having the players for the 46 --

The defensive coach has to be able to read the field and read the opposing offense; otherwise ANY defensive scheme is doomed to failure.

As GW has proven, any well trained chimp can implement the 46-D on PAPER. The 46-D worked in TN not only because of the players, but because of Fisher's ability to read the opposing offenses. I watched the TN/Indy game today -- anytime the TN defense was on the field, Fisher was down in his sidelines stance watching the field and communicating with the DC inbetween plays.

GW has heretofore shown NO ability to read the opposing offense; without that, no defensive scheme is going to work for him.

don137
12-08-2002, 04:41 PM
I rather have Kay Stephenson back...

Buffarama
12-08-2002, 04:45 PM
Like I said before, this defensive scheme rather than covering and hiding weaknesses, which BTW every team has, exposes every single weakness of every player at every position. It is a lousy scheme doomed to failure. At least Wade and Cotrell could put something respectable on the field defensively.

pmoon6
12-08-2002, 06:09 PM
Whining bunch of *****es,i think we should fire EVERYBODY.The team didn't fulfill your dreams,so i guess when you don't fulfill your bosses dreams after 1-1/2 years you will take your termination with an understanding that you didn't take the team to the top in a short time.Good luck finding a job,'cause if you use your criteria you will be unemployed for a long time.

RedEyE
12-08-2002, 06:14 PM
:spit:

Rebecky
12-08-2002, 06:56 PM
So, pmoon, are you a Phins, Pats or Jets fan? Cause no real Bills fan could possibly wish to see this horror continuing another year. We want a real head coach, not a Tennessee reject wannabee.

Note to RW and TD: if you're thinking of trying to run GW off and pushing him into quitting before his contract is up, it won't work. Titans tried that starting in the 99/00 season -- but the stubborn SOB wouldn't leave until YOU graciously offered him the HC job at Buffalo.

Tatonka
12-08-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by pmoon6
Whining bunch of *****es,i think we should fire EVERYBODY.The team didn't fulfill your dreams,so i guess when you don't fulfill your bosses dreams after 1-1/2 years you will take your termination with an understanding that you didn't take the team to the top in a short time.Good luck finding a job,'cause if you use your criteria you will be unemployed for a long time.

good point.. and FUNNY AS ****

justasportsfan
12-09-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by pmoon6

I hope you can explain how a younger/injured team from last year performed better that this years D. I'm pretty sure you don't have/run your own bussiness coz' it seems that you like employing people who can't amke positive results?

LMB
12-09-2002, 05:56 PM
" if he abandons the 46, it makes him look like he didn't know what he was doing"

He does fine on his own showing that he doesn't know what he is doing.

shelby
12-09-2002, 06:01 PM
:lmao:
THAT is the truth y'all!!!

Drewpac
12-10-2002, 12:20 PM
We should trade Bledsoe for Wade:) Seriously though, I do miss Wade. The defense always fought hard for Wade and were pretty disciplined.

justasportsfan
12-10-2002, 05:01 PM
Anyone who insists on keeping Watson in there who does nothing but give up big yardage or penalties has got to be on crack!!!

It's not whether Gray knows his 46 or not. A mark of a good coach is one who can make use of the talent he has and outsmart an offensive coordinator not matter what. Ask Bellichik. Iv'e never seen any coach outthink the bills like Bellichik has. We should've beaten the Jets the first game , but the Pats have legitimately swept us this year.