PDA

View Full Version : freddie jones

thebuffalobills4
03-19-2005, 05:10 PM
you guys proably know he visted onebillsdrive this week.he was te for the cardnails.i think he'll sign with us.i hope,we could use a good blocking and
reciving te. :bikerbabe

Mahdi
03-19-2005, 05:57 PM
How come it wasnt on BB.com?

DMBcrew36
03-19-2005, 06:53 PM
How come it wasnt on BB.com?
source?

Spiderweb
03-19-2005, 07:12 PM
I recall reading something this past week about Freddie Jones, but it was mentioned that he said somethng like the Bills were looking for a blocking TE, which is not his strength. If I can find it, I'll post the link.

Cntrygal
03-19-2005, 09:21 PM
I recall reading something this past week about Freddie Jones, but it was mentioned that he said somethng like the Bills were looking for a blocking TE, which is not his strength. If I can find it, I'll post the link.

No luck? :(

SoCalBillsFan
03-19-2005, 09:29 PM
THe first post in the "bennie anderson" thread said WGR reported freddie looked at buffalo, but felt the team was looking for a blocking TE.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=67815

Cntrygal
03-19-2005, 09:31 PM
THe first post in the "bennie anderson" thread said WGR reported freddie looked at buffalo, but felt the team was looking for a blocking TE.

Thanks, I haven't gotten to that thread yet.

Spiderweb
03-20-2005, 12:33 AM

Thanks, got called away (kids, wife....you know....family things.)

Cntrygal
03-20-2005, 10:46 AM
Thanks, got called away (kids, wife....you know....family things.)

We all understand that every once in awhile we need to make the family believe that they come first.

And the off-season is the best time to cement that perception! :D

Kerr
03-20-2005, 12:33 PM
i hope,we could use a good blocking and
reciving te. :bikerbabe
You're right, that's why we should draft one early. We need the whole package.

ryjam282
03-20-2005, 12:34 PM
He won't sign with us. He is looking for a team that will utilize his pass catching skills. Apparently we are looking for a solid run blocking TE.

The Spaz
03-20-2005, 12:35 PM
You're right, that's why we should draft one early. We need the whole package.

I like Alex Smith as well if we are somehow able to get 2 2nd round picks I wouldn't mind using 1 on Smith.

Kerr
03-20-2005, 12:38 PM
I like Alex Smith as well if we are somehow able to get 2 2nd round picks I wouldn't mind using 1 on Smith.Regardless, I would still use our only 2nd rounder on him. There's plenty of talented OL to fetch in the 3rd and 4th rounds, imo.

The Spaz
03-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Regardless, I would still use our only 2nd rounder on him. There's plenty of talented OL to fetch in the 3rd and 4th rounds, imo.

Could be true it just depends on how our front office grades the players available.

Kerr
03-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Could be true it just depends on how our front office grades the players available.
If I know TD, he likes to draft O-line guys who are versatile. He'll probably draft a guy who can play center and guard and another guy who can play guard and tackle.

mysticsoto
03-21-2005, 07:34 AM
If I know TD, he likes to draft O-line guys who are versatile. He'll probably draft a guy who can play center and guard and another guy who can play guard and tackle.
In that case, Baas would be great, but I don't think he'll be available at the 2nd pick...

ShadowHawk7
03-21-2005, 11:39 AM
I'd take Freddie. We already got pretty decent blocking TEs.

Jttsaz
03-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Freddie Jones is NOT a good blocking TE. He is more of a revolving door when it comes to blocking. He does have decent hands but was a major disappointment in Arizona. He was probably the most picked on player in the local media and that says alot.

Marvelous
03-22-2005, 08:43 AM
No thanks. I wanna see a blocking TE. I like the idea of giving Neufeld a shot. I noticed his intensity in a few games when i rewatched them this week. Maybe he could be something. :star:

mysticsoto
03-22-2005, 09:51 AM
No thanks. I wanna see a blocking TE. I like the idea of giving Neufeld a shot. I noticed his intensity in a few games when i rewatched them this week. Maybe he could be something. :star:
I'm not too high on Neufield. I think it's good that we have him as insurance, but last year, I remember swearing a couple of times and then asking my friend, "Who is number 88 that missed a block?" or "...dropped the ball?" and when my friend would look it up and say Neufield, I would raise my hands in the air and say, "It figures!". I just hope Campbell and Euhus recover fine. Neufield is an insurance policy, but we will not do well if he's our main TE.

PIZ
03-22-2005, 10:07 AM
My question is this: If they told Freddie Jones they are looking for a TE that is a better blocker, why even bring the guy in? You would think they would have known that before having him make a flight into Buffalo.