X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

CBS Sportsline-Bills report: Notes, quotes

First the offensive line, now the secondary. Buffalo's decision to release veterans or not sign its own free agents has created gaps in its lineup that didn't exist when last season ended. The latest hole appeared when veteran strong safety Pierson Prioleau was cut to free cap space. The former starter quickly signed with Washington and a reunion with defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, the Bills former head coach. Buffalo wanted Prioleau back, but he didn't like sitting behind Lawyer Milloy. The end result is that the Bills lost a very good player and their depth was weakened. They now have two safety spots to fill with Prioleau and UFA Izell Reese out of the picture... more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Safety is one of the positions which can filled with less expensively, younger players but Bills have two high priced, older players (Lawyer and Vincent) filling those positions. Not good accounting work.

Comment

• ryjam282
      Offical Billszone Starting QB
      • Mar 2003

We are fine at Free Safety....With Baker coming on like he did last year, I think he will be our starter in about 2 more years and he will be a solid player for us. SS is the spot I am worried about. When Lawyer is gone we need something. Wire sure can't do it.

Ryan Withey
      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Sportsuser101
        • Feb 2005

Our secondary has not been downgraded at all because we lost PP. These guys really need to do there homework. I guess they call losing our 3rd string FS a loss.
        Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Rhettoric
          • Mar 2005

When did CBS hire Chicken Little?
          "Is his junk out?....Now it's a party."

Comment

• regor
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
            ......... The latest hole appeared when veteran strong safety Pierson Prioleau was cut to free cap space.................................................. The end result is that the Bills lost a very good player........

yeah right.

Comment

• cordog
              eat, drink, and be merry
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
              The end result is that the Bills lost a very good player and their depth was weakened... more
              That may be the most ridiculous thing i have seen in awhile

Comment

• Iehoshua
                • Jan 2003

You guys just wait. You're going to miss Pederson Praylow, err or Pierre Preeloa. No I mean.. What's his name again?

Comment

• cordog
                  eat, drink, and be merry
                  • Apr 2003

I guess the CBS guys didnt realize he hasn't been on the team for about 3 years now.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

I would rather have Baker as a back up anyday than an over paid PP.

Comment

• TedMock
                      • Jul 2002

This has to be a joke. PP? C'mon. Downgraded because we lose an average backup defensive back? How on earth will we replace that?!

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by TedMock
                        This has to be a joke. PP? C'mon. Downgraded because we lose an average backup defensive back? How on earth will we replace that?!
                        While they are waiting for some news to happen, idiots like this guy have to report on something or they'll get canned. So they try and make an issue of anything - just to be able to write something...if he wants to think that the departure of PP leaves a gaping hole in our defense - then let him.

It's mindless drivel and should be ignored...

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                          • Apr 2004

I think he was our best SS after Milloy, but Wire isn't that far behind IMO. PP was a solid tackler and had a lot of hustle. To say our depth was weakened is not inaccurate, but I don't see it hurting our defense enough for anyone to notice.

Comment

Working...
                          X