PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sportsline-Bills report: Notes, quotes

The_Philster
03-20-2005, 08:52 AM
First the offensive line, now the secondary. Buffalo's decision to release veterans or not sign its own free agents has created gaps in its lineup that didn't exist when last season ended. The latest hole appeared when veteran strong safety Pierson Prioleau was cut to free cap space. The former starter quickly signed with Washington and a reunion with defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, the Bills former head coach. Buffalo wanted Prioleau back, but he didn't like sitting behind Lawyer Milloy. The end result is that the Bills lost a very good player and their depth was weakened. They now have two safety spots to fill with Prioleau and UFA Izell Reese out of the picture... more (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/8306762)

G. Host
03-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Safety is one of the positions which can filled with less expensively, younger players but Bills have two high priced, older players (Lawyer and Vincent) filling those positions. Not good accounting work.

ryjam282
03-20-2005, 12:24 PM
We are fine at Free Safety....With Baker coming on like he did last year, I think he will be our starter in about 2 more years and he will be a solid player for us. SS is the spot I am worried about. When Lawyer is gone we need something. Wire sure can't do it.

Sportsuser101
03-20-2005, 01:36 PM
Our secondary has not been downgraded at all because we lost PP. These guys really need to do there homework. I guess they call losing our 3rd string FS a loss.

Rhettoric
03-20-2005, 01:46 PM
When did CBS hire Chicken Little?

Novacane
03-20-2005, 01:48 PM
......... The latest hole appeared when veteran strong safety Pierson Prioleau was cut to free cap space.................................................. The end result is that the Bills lost a very good player........

:rofl: yeah right.

cordog
03-20-2005, 06:51 PM
The end result is that the Bills lost a very good player and their depth was weakened... more (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/8306762)

That may be the most ridiculous thing i have seen in awhile

Iehoshua
03-20-2005, 06:56 PM
You guys just wait. You're going to miss Pederson Praylow, err or Pierre Preeloa. No I mean.. What's his name again?

cordog
03-20-2005, 08:17 PM
I guess the CBS guys didnt realize he hasn't been on the team for about 3 years now.

gr8slayer
03-20-2005, 09:24 PM
I would rather have Baker as a back up anyday than an over paid PP.

TedMock
03-21-2005, 09:03 AM
This has to be a joke. PP? C'mon. Downgraded because we lose an average backup defensive back? How on earth will we replace that?! :loser:

mysticsoto
03-21-2005, 09:15 AM
This has to be a joke. PP? C'mon. Downgraded because we lose an average backup defensive back? How on earth will we replace that?! :loser:
While they are waiting for some news to happen, idiots like this guy have to report on something or they'll get canned. So they try and make an issue of anything - just to be able to write something...if he wants to think that the departure of PP leaves a gaping hole in our defense - then let him.

It's mindless drivel and should be ignored...

ParanoidAndroid
03-21-2005, 11:15 AM
I think he was our best SS after Milloy, but Wire isn't that far behind IMO. PP was a solid tackler and had a lot of hustle. To say our depth was weakened is not inaccurate, but I don't see it hurting our defense enough for anyone to notice.