PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to look for Moulds replacement?

Kerr
03-20-2005, 01:48 PM
I think he'll probably only play 2 to 3 more years with us before he calls it quits. I've been "scouting" his replacement and have discovered possibly the next big WR to come out of a small school. Meet Larry Brackins out of Pearl River College.
http://2005.otcdraft.com/images/players/larrybrackins.jpg
This guy is 6'4" 213 and runs in the 4.4-4.5 range. Observing his college career highlights he reminds me of a T.O and Randy Moss Mix. It's sick.
Check out the highlights.
http://2005.otcdraft.com/content/videos/LarryBrackins.php
Tons of upside, but he'll be a project. I wouldn't expect him to come in and start right away, but give or take a few years, he would become a big weapon. Read his interview. His 40 time is mixed up. He's likely gained more weight-220 range. I like his character. He sounds like a TD kind of guy. I'd take him in the 4th. No, not a real need, but sometimes you have to think forward instead of presently.

Sportsuser101
03-20-2005, 01:53 PM
I think Evans will replace Moulds when it comes down to it. Yes he doesn't have the typical WR size you look for but he has the speed and pass catching ability to be a top WR.

Yes we do need a WR but I do think Moulds contract will get reworked so that he is a Bill for the remainder of his career.

RetroRaiders81
03-20-2005, 01:57 PM
He looks pretty good, I wouldn't mind them drafting this guy.

BillsFanInMass
03-20-2005, 02:45 PM
I think if given the chance Aiken could really be a real good weapon. if an injury to Evan or Moulds were too occur and we started him he would never look back.

Jersey1031
03-20-2005, 02:56 PM
I think if given the chance Aiken could really be a real good weapon. if an injury to Evan or Moulds were too occur and we started him he would never look back.

tru i had high hopes for aiken too, gotta love an ex-tar heel...

HurryUpTom
03-20-2005, 03:05 PM
I'm pretty certain that this is Moulds last year with the team. If I remember correctly, when he redid his contract this offseason, they only touched this year and the rest of his contract is still really huge. I think he's going to be cut next year.

helmetguy
03-20-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm pretty certain that this is Moulds last year with the team. If I remember correctly, when he redid his contract this offseason, they only touched this year and the rest of his contract is still really huge. I think he's going to be cut next year.
A lot will depend on how soon the CBA extension/renegotiations go. If the CBA, in its present configuration, gets extended beyond 2008, then it'll be easier to rework Moulds' deal and spread out bonus money over a longer peroid of time. As for the small school kid, chances are he'll go undrafted anyway, so why waste a pick to get him?

Kerr
03-20-2005, 03:23 PM
As for the small school kid, chances are he'll go undrafted anyway, so why waste a pick to get him?
I beg to differ. Willing to put a little wager? I bet he gets drafted. Pick your poison. :tip:

RetroRaiders81
03-20-2005, 03:24 PM
The way he can go up and get the ball like that, I think he'll get drafted.

The Spaz
03-20-2005, 03:26 PM
A lot will depend on how soon the CBA extension/renegotiations go. If the CBA, in its present configuration, gets extended beyond 2008, then it'll be easier to rework Moulds' deal and spread out bonus money over a longer peroid of time. As for the small school kid, chances are he'll go undrafted anyway, so why waste a pick to get him?

There is no doubt this guy gets drafted he is getting mentioned quite a bit by lots of draft publications and media alike. This guy goes up and attacks the ball.

ShadowHawk7
03-20-2005, 04:24 PM
I like Aiken too, but I must say, he disappointed me last year. He had his chance at being the #3 when Reed went down, and did squat with it. I don't know how much of that is DBs fault however, since he had the "amazing" ability to lock on WRs. 3rd try is the charm for many WRs so we'll see. I think Aiken could become a solid slot WR.

Ask for Moulds, and I'd say he has 1 maybe 2 more productive, 1000 yard seasons in him. Right now I see Evans as an EXCELLENT #2 WR, but I don't see him being a great #1 w/o help on the other side. Kinda like Peerless, but not as much so. I think next year may be a good time to draft a big, strong Andre Johnson style first round WR to eventually take over at Moulds spot. Ask for this Brackins dude, I'm all for it if TD thinks he can be the replacement for Moulds in a few years. A 5th rounder is worth the gamble for a small school prospect IMO.
Thoughts?

gobuffalo2007
03-20-2005, 04:29 PM
right now we have more important things to look for than a replacment.
we can get the replacment when moulds decides to retire.

gobuffalo2007
03-20-2005, 04:30 PM
He looks pretty good, I wouldn't mind them drafting this guy.

what do you know your just a filthy raiders fan.
oh and news flash:
The raiders SUCK!

The Spaz
03-20-2005, 04:31 PM
what do you know your just a filthy raiders fan.
oh and news flash:
The raiders SUCK!
:calm:

ShadowHawk7
03-20-2005, 07:11 PM
No joke, easy dude. We don't need any zealots.

gr8slayer
03-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Idealy I would love to see Moulds be our number one for the next two seasons then move to number two and let Evans take over the number one spot.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-21-2005, 09:23 AM
Uhhh....in all reality we should have already started the search for Moulds' replacment in that he is on the downside of his career.

I don't see Evans as a #1 guy (kinda like Peerless Price....just not a #1 receiver, but is a deadly #2), but MAYBE Aiken could develop into the spot. Remember there was a time when most folks thought Moulds was a bust? He turned things around and has become on of the best receivers in Bills history. You just never know.

I think we gotta develop our own young talent at WR, because we won't want to pay huge $$ for a #1 WR in 2 years.

ExWNYer
03-21-2005, 11:47 AM
[QUOTE=DaBillzAhDaShiznit]Uhhh....in all reality we should have already started the search for Moulds' replacment in that he is on the downside of his career.

I don't see Evans as a #1 guy (kinda like Peerless Price....just not a #1 receiver, but is a deadly #2), but MAYBE Aiken could develop into the spot. Remember there was a time when most folks thought Moulds was a bust? He turned things around and has become on of the best receivers in Bills history. You just never know.[QUOTE]

I disagree. Evans WAS drafted to be Moulds' replacement, IMHO. You don't draft a WR at #13 overall to be your #2 guy. Any similarities to Peerless Price are purely coincidental. PP didn't come close to what Evans did in his rookie year and his shortcomings were obvious. I don't believe there were many Bills fans who ever thought that PP was anything more than an Alvin Harper clone. PP was a #1 in his mind only (and the idiotic Atlanta "brain"trust).

alohabillsfan
03-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Why can't evans be a number 1? Marvin Harrision is and Evans numbers year 1 are better.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Why can't evans be a number 1? Marvin Harrision is and Evans numbers year 1 are better.

CAN he be the #1? Sure. Do the Bills project him as their future #1? Maybe.

Does he have the prototypical size, vertical leap, and skill at separation that a #1 receiver typically needs in the NFL? Nope.

Does any of this really mean a damn thing when it come right down to it? Hell no....so I guess we'll see what happens when he gets a shot at the #1 spot....maybe he will be the next Harrison. I just don't see him as a #1 receiver....he seems more like a burner....but I am sure he will develop and become more polished over the next couple of seasons.

shotgun
03-21-2005, 01:28 PM
how about if we just clone moulds and mcgahee and evans and spikes so will never run out of good players

gobuffalo2007
03-21-2005, 01:35 PM
uhh.....nice sig?

jamze132
03-21-2005, 02:56 PM
I really don't think we can say that Aiken disapointed us lat year. Don't forget that Drew loved to lock onto 1 receiver, he never really like to spread the ball around. There were so many times when a TE or McGahee were open in the flats or up the seam and Drew forced the ball to Moulds or Evans. And if those two didn't have the hands they have, Drew's stats would have looked worse. Aiken will be fine and I think the can develop into a legitimate #2 if need be.

ShadowHawk7
03-21-2005, 06:38 PM
uhh.....nice sig?

I liked the last one better. :mad:

I really don't think we can say that Aiken disapointed us lat year. Don't forget that Drew loved to lock onto 1 receiver, he never really like to spread the ball around. There were so many times when a TE or McGahee were open in the flats or up the seam and Drew forced the ball to Moulds or Evans. And if those two didn't have the hands they have, Drew's stats would have looked worse. Aiken will be fine and I think the can develop into a legitimate #2 if need be.

My thoughts exactly.