PDA

View Full Version : Mike Williams Contract to be restructured

Mahdi
03-20-2005, 10:39 PM
According to CBS sportsline MW conract is going to be restructured in an effort to save an extra $2 million in cap space on top of the $2 million we already have. Maybe TD will make some moves soon.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF

The Spaz
03-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Good to hear.

clumping platelets
03-20-2005, 11:12 PM
Bills could save more than $2 million. It all depends on how it's structured

Throne Logic
03-21-2005, 12:17 AM
I just hope it's done with a purpose and not just to do it. So far TD has been very careful about that.

Yasgur's Farm
03-21-2005, 06:01 AM
If it's fair, the Bills will save $4M. It should be extended for 2 years and average $5M to $6M. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Jersey1031
03-21-2005, 06:07 AM
According to CBS sportsline MW conract is going to be restructured in an effort to save an extra $2 million in cap space on top of the $2 million we already have. Maybe TD will make some moves soon.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF

great to hear...maybe we'll make an impact signing soon now...

ty law...? hah

tampabay25690
03-21-2005, 11:18 AM
great to hear...maybe we'll make an impact signing soon now...

ty law...? hah

I would rather us go out and get a Guard, LT, or DT!!!!

dannyek71
03-21-2005, 12:04 PM
what other quality players are still available in FA?

bigbub2352
03-21-2005, 12:34 PM
some other players still available are corey bradford, alex bannister, bennie anderson og, david terrell, carlos lee wr, jerome pathon wr, tai streets wr, chris hovan dt, victor riley ot, marcus bell dt, marcellus rivers te, ituli mili te, cam cleeland te, chris fuamatualafala rb, anthony thomas rb, jamel white rb amos zeroue rb, marcellus wiley de, bryce fisher de, vonnie holliday de, keion carpenter fs, ainsley battles fs, jason doering s, rob morris lb, tommy polley lb, carlos polk lb, andre dyson cb, nick harper cb, earthwind moreland cb are all affordable for the bills take your pick all need positions for the bills we will see

Mr. Cynical
03-21-2005, 12:49 PM
If TD somehow manages to get him to play for $4-5M a year and/or re-structures him in a way so that he can cut him if he can't play LT, he will be fixing his last major mistake IMO.

EM Bills Fan 80
03-21-2005, 01:04 PM
I really hope we can free up an extra 3 Mil at least, We really need to adress T or C on the O-Line and do it soon

mysticsoto
03-21-2005, 01:44 PM
I know most people don't think this will ever happen...but let's just say...that MW really got his head in gear, worked out hard this summer, and is able to switch to LT this year. Let's pretend! Would people still be as negative toward the O-line that they are now? RT is easier to fill...usually, and there are actually alot of good draft prospects for RT.

The only one from the draft that I like for LT that we may get a chance at is Jeremy Parquet.

But for RT, there might be many more available - like Ray Willis for instance...

Tatonka
03-21-2005, 02:04 PM
some other players still available are corey bradford, alex bannister, bennie anderson og, david terrell, carlos lee wr, jerome pathon wr, tai streets wr, chris hovan dt, victor riley ot, marcus bell dt, marcellus rivers te, ituli mili te, cam cleeland te, chris fuamatualafala rb, anthony thomas rb, jamel white rb amos zeroue rb, marcellus wiley de, bryce fisher de, vonnie holliday de, keion carpenter fs, ainsley battles fs, jason doering s, rob morris lb, tommy polley lb, carlos polk lb, andre dyson cb, nick harper cb, earthwind moreland cb are all affordable for the bills take your pick all need positions for the bills we will see

there are a ton of people on that list that are signed now..

just off the top of my head..

terrell - giants
holiday - dolphins
mili - seahawks resigned him
bryce fisher - seahawks

venis2k1
03-21-2005, 02:11 PM
what about that guard from denver Dan Neil, he is still available i belive, i know he is small 6'2"-285, and has some injury problems(knees), but i would like to see the bills at least bring him in for a physical, he is only 31 and is a pro bowler when healthy. I know im prolly the only one here, but i would love to see the bills pick up a quick atletic gaurd, with losmans mobility and lack of experience, i expect to see ALOT of him rolling out of the pocket next year.

IF neil is healthy(and at this point that is a big IF, cause i havent even heard any team bring him in for a look) he is hands down the best FA OL out there right now.

Mr. Miyagi
03-21-2005, 04:01 PM
there are a ton of people on that list that are signed now..

just off the top of my head..

terrell - giants
holiday - dolphins
mili - seahawks resigned him
bryce fisher - seahawks
Terrell signed with the Giants? I thought it was only Plaxico.

bigbub2352
03-21-2005, 04:33 PM
i was just going bye espn they did not update it i guess now that i think of it some of those have signed was just copying and pasting

Sportsuser101
03-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Wouldn't mind getting Polley if he wanted to be a backup. Would like Anderson, Hovan and Rivers.

Also can Carlos Lee play the OF for us?

Billsouth
03-21-2005, 04:51 PM
If TD somehow manages to get him to play for $4-5M a year and/or re-structures him in a way so that he can cut him if he can't play LT, he will be fixing his last major mistake IMO.

I DONT SEE HOW ANYONE COULD CALL THE DRAFTING OG MW A MISTAKE.i know he has not always played great but he clearly was the better tackle (over mckinnie) and did not have the attitude (remember mckinnie held out most of the season). for those that thought we should have drafted roy williams with the number 4 pick, imo ur crazy.

Gunzlingr
03-21-2005, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't mind Hovan. I think he would be decent if the money was right.

Sportsuser101
03-21-2005, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't mind Hovan. I think he would be decent if the money was right.
Mmm.. Alba.

Tatonka
03-21-2005, 05:44 PM
yeah.. terrell signed with the giants too.