PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Rogers

SoCalBillsFan
12-08-2002, 03:35 PM
Personally, I'm not a fan. Get someone else to return kicks, this guy hasn't done much to impressme this year. He may have had a couple good returns, but on average i dont get excited when he catches the ball after punts or kick-offs.

venis2k1
12-08-2002, 03:39 PM
Nah, i disagree, he has been a bright spot on Spec. Teams, not to mention he pretty much won us a game by returning one for a TD this year, and he has 20+ yard average on kickoffs.

fabolouspaul
12-08-2002, 03:39 PM
Agreed

venis2k1
12-08-2002, 03:42 PM
who do you agree with?

DIHARD2
12-08-2002, 03:51 PM
venis2k1, I agree with you!

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

venis2k1
12-08-2002, 03:58 PM
:phew:

venis2k1
12-08-2002, 03:59 PM
I also see what SoCalBillsFan is saying though, when he touches the ball i dont get the feeling that he is gonna take it to the house like i do with some of the other KR's in the NFL.

RedEyE
12-08-2002, 04:03 PM
Ranked 30th on Kick returns in the AFC and doesnt even receive statistic recognition league wide.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/AFC/KRET/2002/regular

Ranked 29th in the AFC on Punt returns and once again invisible on the league wide list. Clements has a better return average at 27th in the AFC.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/AFC/PNTRET/2002/regular

JMO, but he isn't worth a dime.

venis2k1
12-08-2002, 04:11 PM
yea redeye, that is just average, look at the yards. according to that site Tony Driver is the 3rd best kick returner in the NFL. I hardly think that is right.

venis2k1
12-08-2002, 04:12 PM
Worst. Site. Ever.

casdhf
12-08-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
Ranked 30th on Kick returns in the AFC and doesnt even receive statistic recognition league wide.

JMO, but he isn't worth a dime.

Neither is your analysis. Did you boyther to check that list and notice there are players with 4, 8, 6, 11, 1... attempts? Tony Driver has 1 for 27 yards, 3rd in the AFC. Put him in there, whats the delay?? Get real.

RedEyE
12-08-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by casdhf

Neither is your analysis. Did you boyther to check that list and notice there are players with 4, 8, 6, 11, 1... attempts? Tony Driver has 1 for 27 yards, 3rd in the AFC. Put him in there, whats the delay?? Get real.

Hey, did you bother to check the headline on this thread?

It says Charlie Rogers
And his futile attempts of returning the ball are NOT effective regardless of who else is on the list. He still ranks bottom!

BTW, I think that your avatar depicts you perfectly.:down:

venis2k1
12-08-2002, 05:01 PM
everybody is so testy...all we did was end our season today...:(

RedEyE
12-08-2002, 05:05 PM
:lol:

I only retaliate when prevoked.

Novacane
12-08-2002, 05:11 PM
Rogers has breakaway speed. Our ST schemes just plain suck. Danny Smith should be gone next year too.

RedEyE
12-08-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
Rogers has breakaway speed. Our ST schemes just plain suck. Danny Smith should be gone next year too.

That's possible. Rogers has defintly come close to breaking a few this year. One today would have been nice.

DraftBoy
12-08-2002, 05:55 PM
so you go from wanting his head to giving him credit?

RedEyE
12-08-2002, 05:59 PM
No. Just noting that someone made a good point. I still do not care for Rogers and think that he should be dropped from the
team. Did you have an opinion or were you just trying to call me out on something?

Dozerdog
12-08-2002, 06:04 PM
I say we put Watson back there...:jk:

RedEyE
12-08-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I say we put Watson back there...:jk:

:ontome:

DIHARD2
12-08-2002, 06:25 PM
BledsoeTOreedfor6, I agree Smith has to go. He is our biggest problem on special teams we have the players per se.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

shelby
12-08-2002, 06:54 PM
tempers are flaring....:eek:

Face it y'all, our team has lots of issues that need to be addressed. ST is one area in need of improvement, but not the only area.

DraftBoy
12-08-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
No. Just noting that someone made a good point. I still do not care for Rogers and think that he should be dropped from the
team. Did you have an opinion or were you just trying to call me out on something?

just trying to figure out what your point was by saying he sucks but then saying but he still has the ability to break some you just lost me, and personally I think that he is the best ST guy we got, best returner in years.

RedEyE
12-08-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26

just trying to figure out what your point was by saying he sucks but then saying but he still has the ability to break some you just lost me, and personally I think that he is the best ST guy we got, best returner in years.

Fair enough. I can see how that would be confusing. Let me clarify. Rogers return game has statistically sucked all season, however, at times he has shown potential. I believe that having "potential" for a 4 year veteran is beyond rediculous. If he is not getting it done now, will he ever? In Rogers defense, BTORF6 stated that the special team schemes are crappy and I replied that it could be a possibilty beacuse Rogers seems to nearly break one a game - yet rarely does. Also for the what he does and the money that he's paid for doing it, there has to better available.

DraftBoy
12-08-2002, 08:31 PM
whats he being paid im sure its under 1 million and since last year i think we had a total of 0 ST return TD's one is better than none. Plus I also agree that Danny Smith is dumb.

Cntrygal
12-08-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by shelby
tempers are flaring....:eek:

Face it y'all, our team has lots of issues that need to be addressed. ST is one area in need of improvement, but not the only area.

TRUE... last season, we weren't even dreaming about a playoff game.. well okay.. maybe dreaming but I was probably
:drinker:

The_Philster
12-09-2002, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
whats he being paid im sure its under 1 million and since last year i think we had a total of 0 ST return TD's one is better than none. Plus I also agree that Danny Smith is dumb.

His salary this year is $563K, same as Bryson and Newman

Originally posted by Cntrygal

TRUE... last season, we weren't even dreaming about a playoff game.. well okay.. maybe dreaming but I was probably
:drinker:

You usually are ;) but who can blame ya? :(

lunatic_bills_fan
12-09-2002, 04:49 AM
Redeye, 1 statement you did make that I truly agree with is " I dont get excited when he returns". Yes he does average 20+ yards on kickoff returns, but there are very few regular kickoff returners that dont. I just dont think I see enough 35-40 yard starting positions for the bills. Also Im not a big fan of his choice making when it comes to punt returns ie( fair catch/letting it bounce/not touching it all). But the fact of the matter is, he may not be a superstar, but he is solid at that position. Right now the Bills need to nail down all thir solid starters and worry about other things.

TedMock
12-09-2002, 10:58 AM
It's not Rogers. If you watch every single return, he gets absolutely crushed by the kickoff team. He was excellent before The Bills got a hold of him. Prior to coming to Buffalo he was a well respected return guy, not the best in the league but very solid and respectable. He came to our team and didn't fair so well. I've never seen a guy take that many clean shots on kick returns. Every now and then there are som nice hits but in our case he gets creamed every time.

DraftBoy
12-09-2002, 02:09 PM
I say he deserves a least one more season till we give him the ax nobody on the team is better than him.

fabolouspaul
12-09-2002, 02:17 PM
Watson should return a couple of kickoffs this year. Maybe one big hit from someone would straighten him up!!!! (not a serious hit, just a hard hit to knock some sense into him)

fabolouspaul
12-09-2002, 02:18 PM
BTW I think it would be great if Peerless returned punts, he has breakaway speed plus i bet he wouldnt let the ball bounce on a returnable punt!!!

blcny
12-09-2002, 02:30 PM
He sucks. The only reason he has a lot of yards is because our defense gives up so many TD. Look at these numbers-
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=return&sort=avg&pos=off&league=nfl&order=true&season=2&year=2002
36th in the league. 57 attempts and only one TD. This guy blows.
He runs side to side more then he does forward. I hate watching this guy return. If you let the ball go into the endzone everytime you average 20 yrds, so 20.5 sucks. I think we should try someone else.

DraftBoy
12-09-2002, 02:33 PM
Who?? I dont blame him as much as our scheme and execution ST has been almost as bad as the D has.

Akhippo
12-09-2002, 02:39 PM
I think its the scheme. or at least the guys blocking. Everytime yesterday he ran into the wedge, it looked like he was running into a corner. Theres nothing there, no room, no creases or cracks. I watch other STs and there are wide lanes, it seems like the wedge initiates the contact further downfield, while our guys wait, BAD COACHING. Keep Rogers, cheap and reliable, he also has some talent. Maybe next year hell be able to showcase it.