X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Bayless: Sticky Ricky Juiced?

On this Mondays Cold Pizza the discussion about the potential return of Ricky Williams to the NFL was a topic and whether he would be accepted by the Phins or and team in the League.

Ricky has said that he is no longer getting Smoked out, at least for a month or so, and he has spoken with Miami Coach Saban about a return to play.

Woody Paige said he would take him back on "his" team because he's average 1500 yds/Season and 4 yds/carry over his career and that if you give him the ball on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs that he would give you 12 yds each series with a 1st down resulting.

Skip Bayless said he wouldn't want Williams on "his" team because he bailed out on his teammates.. ending the topic Discussion Bayless bought up that Ricky has lost 20-30 lbs since his last playing season and questioned the reason behind the somewhat dramatic weight loss.

Bayless seemed to be saying that he thought that the falloff in weight may have been due to Steroid use.. everyone knows that Ricky has no problem with using banned substances while passing drug tests as he has talked about many players in the League use Masking Agents to get around the weed issue.

Is it possible or probable that Ricky may have been using Masking Agents to beat the tests for steroids in his system as well as for Weed.. He's been a over sized RB since his days in college and since coming into the League has put on even more weight in muscle.

I think the weight loss could be attributed to him not doing the same type of Weight training as when he was active in the NFL as a RB, But one may also think that if he was burning as much as he claims that he would put on some extra Lbs due to a constant case of the munchies instead of going through such a dramatic loss of weight.

Do you think he could come back after a year off and be effective as a 30 carry/game guy and was he that type of gym rat that he could pick up the weight lost since his retirement?

Will Ricky's possible return cause the market value of Henry to drop even more than it has already - Alot of teams might perfer to have a Ricky Sized back a year removed from the game over a Travis sized back who has, due to injury and the Willis factor, also been out of the League for a year for the most part.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

I may be mistaken, but won't he have to serve a year suspension if he comes back?
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
      NJ In The House
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
      I may be mistaken, but won't he have to serve a year suspension if he comes back?
      I think his retirement stopped that, he had to a certain date to comeback or retire.

I think he has to serve 4 games, but again, this thing is so messed up I could be wrong.

I don't want him.

Time To Ski!

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
        The Cold Pizza guys said he would have to serve a 4 game suspension and that there are teams that would welcome him if the price was right.

They also said that Saban would probably be interested in gaining the compensation for him in a trade scenario. I think some talk has also been about the 8 Million that the team is seeking to recoup from Ricky in their contract suit against him.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Samphin1
          • Mar 2004

It would be a four game suspension if he came back. Regarding the steroids Juice, I would say no. But, anything is possible I guess. The creep has been nothing short of off his rocker for quite some time now. He was talking about how weed is bad for his "astro-body." When he came to Miami from N.O., he weighed about 250 pounds. Miami asked him to drop to about 230 and he did, in one summer. I think it is plausible that he could drop 30 pounds in the course of 8 months or whatever. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so him stopping his workout regimen means those muscles are going to become smaller, thus, shrinking his weight in the process.

I would doubt it, but I couldn't rule it out all together either. All I know is that I don't want him on my team.

Comment

• RetroRaiders81
            Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace
            • Mar 2005

He is one with nature.
            The Houston Retro Raiders.

Comment

• cordog
              eat, drink, and be merry
              • Apr 2003

its possible Ricky was on the Juice, but Skip "Conspiracy Theory" Bayless is the biggest idiot on TV. This is the guy who said Curt Shilling put fake blood on his sock, and said LeBron didnt take part in the dunk contest because he knew he would get beat and would lose fans. I dont put too much stock into what Bayless has to say.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

I've always kinda wondered if he was on roids or not... He's always looked freakishly 'thick' to me - but who knows.

Comment

• ajsdx
                  • Aug 2003

He also spent like two months in a vegan camp in Australia; not eating any protein for a while will atrophy your muscles real quick.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                    WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                    • Mar 2003

I saw a kids size Williams jersey for sale at a store around here.

I held it up and said "Hey kids here's a role model for you. Smoke pot and quit your job. Let everyone around you down."

I said it like 3 times - loud. Then I dropped it on the ground and stepped on it. I was hoping a worker there would have said something to me. I would have ripped in to them for selling stuff to kids from a confessed druggie. No one said a thing. My wife was pretty embarrassed.

I really did it because of my hatred of the dolphins.
                    Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• RetroRaiders81
                      Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger

I held it up and said "Hey kids here's a role model for you. Smoke pot and quit your job. Let everyone around you down."

I said it like 3 times - loud. Then I dropped it on the ground and stepped on it. I was hoping a worker there would have said something to me. I would have ripped in to them for selling stuff to kids from a confessed druggie. No one said a thing. My wife was pretty embarrassed.

That's awesome, I wish I had the balls to do something like that.
                      The Houston Retro Raiders.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                        • Sep 2003

I think Ricky finally figured out how to beat "Roid Rage" - mellow out with some dope!
                        "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• TedMock
                          • Jul 2002

I played one year of small-time college football and I didn't juice. I'm starting with this because I want to point out that we did not have near the weightroom facility that the University of Texas has, or the nutritionists that a big university has, let alone an NFL team. I was a 210lbs defensive back, hurt myelf, and within 3 months weighed 180lbs. I stopped working out, my appetite fell way down because of it, and I lost 30 lbs. Never took steroids, never used anything but protein powder as a supplement. That was almost 13 years ago, and I now weigh 190lbs! It took 3 months to drop 30 and years to put on 10. I exercise now, but not nearly as intensely as I did then. Bottom line is that it's amazing how much weight you can gain or lose with hardcore exercise as opposed to how much you can go in the other direction with little or no exercise. Some athletes juice, but many do not. The problem with goofballs like Bayless, are these conspiracy theories everytime somebody gets bigger or smaller. I can't stand Ricky Williams, but I'm in no place to say whether or not he did roids. Some of these media guys go a little too far with their suggestions.

Comment

• Samphin1
                            • Mar 2004

Uhm, but most Dolphins fans would applaud this...to hurt Dolphin fans perhaps you would have wanted o buy it and sport it around as a reminder to us. Reading your story brought a smile to my face.

Comment

• Brad528
                              • Sep 2004

I am gonna call you out and say you didnt really do that. ALthough i believe you thought about You bills fans dont have the balls to do things like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X