PDA

View Full Version : Phin/Henry Trade Scenario

juice
03-21-2005, 11:08 PM
The Phins are trying to move Surtain and they are getting a bit desperate for a starting RB who can make an immediate impact - Henry has said he'd love to return to the state of Florida to play in the heat and TD said he would consider a trade within the Division.

You know that TD, with his tight A$$, wont break the bank to keep Nate next year looking at how he ignored out FAs this year, we should cover our bases at the CB position and go with a straight up Player for Player trade at this point since there seems to be little interest in Henry around the League.

Surtain for Henry straight up and then Franchise Nate after this season to gain a couple of picks in next years draft - Nate will be looking for top 3 CB dollars with another strong campaign this year, I'd expect Nate to make the Pro Bowl again this year since he's a FA and someone will pull the trigger to gain his sevices in Free Agency since he doesn't turn 26 until Dec. and he's been a top CB in the League since being drafted and he looks like he's only getting better.

Surtain-Milloy-Vincent-McGee could be a very solid unit behind the group of LBers we have right now, kinda long in the tooth but still solid and we could get some youth in the draft with the Nate Franchise picks next year in the draft.

The situation is getting desperate with the Bills and Henry.. I for one think it is a priority to get Henry moved as soon as possible - to hell with risking a holdout situation with Henry and then not getting Dick for him after the season.. We've signed Burns and we have Shaud Williams so Henry needs to go ASAP.:bigwave:

Nate is history because of his youth and we need the picks a franchise tag could bring.

Surtain could start LCB and McGee could add depth while learning the CB position behind an All Pro.. T-Mac looked a bit over-matched at times last year.

dolfan25
03-22-2005, 01:45 AM
As a Fin fan. Surtain for Henry straight up. You're dreaming. Surtain for Edge or Alexander straight up yes. Henry no

clumping platelets
03-22-2005, 02:02 AM
Forget Surtain.......he's just short of 30 and wants market value CB money. If we are gonna give that type of coin, give it to Clements.

McGee
03-22-2005, 02:15 AM
Forget Surtain.......he's just short of 30 and wants market value CB money. If we are gonna give that type of coin, give it to Clements.exactly

shotgun
03-22-2005, 04:23 AM
let's just win the superbowl this year then i don;t care who we re-sign...

ryjam282
03-22-2005, 06:46 AM
No way Henry is worth Surtain straight up, plus Surtain will want a big contract as well. We should take some of that cash and pony it up to Nate. I think if we can't sign re sign him we franchise Nate next year. Just my opinion but I would love it if we could lock him up for a bunch of years.

feelthepain
03-22-2005, 06:50 AM
We would rather keep Surtain, he's worth the asking price and if no one wants to pay that, we will be happy to keep the probowl close to 30 CB that leads the NFL in INT's over the last five years. If Surtain were a FA he would have been signed by someone by now at his asking price but the second rounder on top of it is just hard for teams to part with, it's fine by me. If he stays a fin this year there is a good chance we can get him to retire a Fin. Henry for Surtain would never happen unless you include a 2nd rounder next year and even then I'm not sure Saban would ever trade Surtain to a division rival.

Typ0
03-22-2005, 06:55 AM
The Phins are trying to move Surtain and they are getting a bit desperate for a starting RB who can make an immediate impact - Henry has said he'd love to return to the state of Florida to play in the heat and TD said he would consider a trade within the Division.

You know that TD, with his tight A$$, wont break the bank to keep Nate next year looking at how he ignored out FAs this year, we should cover our bases at the CB position and go with a straight up Player for Player trade at this point since there seems to be little interest in Henry around the League.

Surtain for Henry straight up and then Franchise Nate after this season to gain a couple of picks in next years draft - Nate will be looking for top 3 CB dollars with another strong campaign this year, I'd expect Nate to make the Pro Bowl again this year since he's a FA and someone will pull the trigger to gain his sevices in Free Agency since he doesn't turn 26 until Dec. and he's been a top CB in the League since being drafted and he looks like he's only getting better.

Surtain-Milloy-Vincent-McGee could be a very solid unit behind the group of LBers we have right now, kinda long in the tooth but still solid and we could get some youth in the draft with the Nate Franchise picks next year in the draft.

The situation is getting desperate with the Bills and Henry.. I for one think it is a priority to get Henry moved as soon as possible - to hell with risking a holdout situation with Henry and then not getting Dick for him after the season.. We've signed Burns and we have Shaud Williams so Henry needs to go ASAP.:bigwave:

Nate is history because of his youth and we need the picks a franchise tag could bring.

Surtain could start LCB and McGee could add depth while learning the CB position behind an All Pro.. T-Mac looked a bit over-matched at times last year.

TD does not ignore our FA that's not fair to him. When we had such cap problems he found a way to keep moulds on the team didn't he? Our FA this year went bye bye because they were on their downswing in terms of age and performance and they were demanding too much money for the performance we were going to get in return. NC is a young guy that has been breed in this program. I think he will try his best to keep him.