X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

NFL in L.A.? Should know in May

The NFL's momentum in Los Angeles, which had been flagging in recent weeks, received a boost Monday when league executive Neil Glat said owners were fully prepared to choose a stadium site in Los Angeles by their next meeting at the end of May.
    Glat also left open the possibility that at least one of the four sites -- likely Carson -- could be dropped from consideration as early as today when the owners are scheduled to be updated on the progress of the league's search.
    ..more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

I never understood why they wanted a stadium in Carson... that place is a dump.

Comment

• Jeff1220
      H to the 12:20
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
      I never understood why they wanted a stadium in Carson... that place is a dump.
      Literally.

Comment

• paladin warrior
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Oct 2004

what about In Anaheim. I read about planing rebuild NFL Next to Anaheim Angels

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
          Expert on Experts
          • Jul 2002

The LA colliseum is the leader, with the rose bowl, carson, and anaheim trailing. At least that's the word out here.

Comment

• generalmills
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
            The LA colliseum is the leader, with the rose bowl, carson, and anaheim trailing. At least that's the word out here.
            the colliseum would have to be altered in some fashion. There is no way that for 8 weeks a season they could fill that stadium. What is the situation there regarding luxury boxes? Perhaps they could eliminate 10,000 or so seats for a project like that or I believe they will be forced to cover up seats in order to bank on the TV revenues. What is the situation in Washington like? That stadium has huge numbers also (how do they deal with it?)

Comment

• Bill Brasky
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by paladin warrior
              what about In Anaheim. I read about planing rebuild NFL Next to Anaheim Angels
              Anaheim is a crappy option. I wouldn't want to drive all the way down there to watch football.

I was wondering why nobody has been talking about the colliseum? Is it in need of renovation/seat altering? I think that's probably their best bet right now.

The way I see it the team will suck for a few seasons so it'd be stupid to spend millions -- maybe billions -- to build a new stadium in SoCal, where there's nowhere to build anything anyways. Let them play in the colliseum, try to rebuild the fan base, save some $$, and then find a good site to build a new stadium in a couple years

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                Expert on Experts
                • Jul 2002

The Colliseum is definately not an NFL stadium as of yet. No luxury boxes, 100 thousand seats that are crammed together, etc. It's great for college football, but not for the NFL. THe team and the city would probably have to put some money into it.

There are problems with all of the locations. WIth the Collisseum, USC plays there and sells it out (at least when we are winning) and certainly doesn't want a reduction in seating. Plus parking sucks... THe rose bowl is also run down and needs rennovations. Carson is,well, Carson, and you'd have to build a new stadium entirely, and of course the same is true for anaheim, which isn't even LA.

Personally I think the Rose Bowl is the best option. THe rose bowl needs a permanent tenant other than UCLA football, which doesn't sell it out. It could become a top of the line stadium, which would be a plus for the rose bowl game as well. Pasadena is a nice area, it would help the community, there's parking, etc. THIng is they haven't filed an environmental impact report yet, which the colliseum has.

It's all a mess

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                  • Jan 2004

The Colliseum is definately not an NFL stadium as of yet. No luxury boxes, 100 thousand seats that are crammed together, etc. It's great for college football, but not for the NFL. THe team and the city would probably have to put some money into it.

There are problems with all of the locations. WIth the Collisseum, USC plays there and sells it out (at least when we are winning) and certainly doesn't want a reduction in seating. Plus parking sucks... THe rose bowl is also run down and needs rennovations. Carson is,well, Carson, and you'd have to build a new stadium entirely, and of course the same is true for anaheim, which isn't even LA.

Personally I think the Rose Bowl is the best option. THe rose bowl needs a permanent tenant other than UCLA football, which doesn't sell it out. It could become a top of the line stadium, which would be a plus for the rose bowl game as well. Pasadena is a nice area, it would help the community, there's parking, etc. THIng is they haven't filed an environmental impact report yet, which the colliseum has.

It's all a mess
                  Yeah, I forgot about the Rose Bowl. I went over to Pasadena a few times, one of the only places I could find decently priced bars and good parking!

I still don't understand Carson. It's probably the only place they can plop something that big w/o having people to drive forever... but who wants to go there to watch football??

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Build a new stadium.

Comment

Working...
                    X