PDA

View Full Version : Henry is right, TD should listen up!

X-Era
03-22-2005, 06:57 AM
Shelton for Travis streaight up is about all we are going to get. Id love more but it aint gonna happen.

TD is planning to wait until the draft, mark my words. He thinks that when Brown, Williams, and Benson are gone, Travis is the next best thing and some team will give him what he needs to get into the 1st round. I personally think this is stupid. This draft is very weak in the 1st round. And if he thinks some 1st round OT can start, and play well at LT day one, he is dreaming. Do I like the idea of drafting a OT to play LT early, yes very much, but not when there is no Pace/Jones/Ogden type in this draft, and not when we have to wait until pick 10 at least to get back in the 1st (it will take that long for the top RB's to be gone and Travis to get dealt).

If he plans to move up into the 1st for Baas, thats even dumber. I love the guy, but not enough to trade up into the 1st for him. Hes a damn C or G, we had like a half dozen that we could have grabbed that we be better than Baas day one from FA and shunned them all. Now we would move up for a draftee who will make mistakes in year 1? with a young QB at the helm? YIKES!

I wasnt fond of Shelton, but this is a better scenario than anything else at this point. At least we land a solid OT rather than a mistake prone draftee.

There is one more possibility. Maybe TD wants to move into the 1st round or sit pat with 2 seconds for a prospect at a position of lesser need. Maybe he thinks that Antrell Rolle or Pac Man Jones is an absolute stud or maybe Heath Miller (again TE doesnt seem to me to be a position where you trade the world to get one). This may be a shocker if thats his game. I cant complain about landing a Pac Man Jones when Clements is set to leave next year. If we are trading for something, lets get the best damn value even at a non-need position.

Anyways, overall this offseason to date has been a big fat ho-hummer to me. I am 180 degrees in thinking from what we are doing. I wanted to add a few studs to put us over the top, the Eagles did it why not us. We apparently are going the cheap route and will suffer for that choice IMO.

Hope springs eternal but the spring is drying up fast.

ryjam282
03-22-2005, 07:02 AM
Anyways, overall this offseason to date has been a big fat ho-hummer to me. I am 180 degrees in thinking from what we are doing. I wanted to add a few studs to put us over the top, the Eagles did it why not us. We apparently are going the cheap route and will suffer for that choice IMO.

The Eagles have about 12 million or so under the cap. We don't have the room to go throwing around the money like we did the last few years. When we did have the money, what did we do? We got Spikes, Adams, and Vincent. I think he did great. This year we don't have the flexibility to go looking for that superstar like we did in the past.

X-Era
03-22-2005, 07:04 AM
The Eagles have about 12 million or so under the cap. We don't have the room to go throwing around the money like we did the last few years. When we did have the money, what did we do? We got Spikes, Adams, and Vincent. I think he did great. This year we don't have the flexibility to go looking for that superstar like we did in the past.
Sorry, I dont buy that. TD said himself that the Bills cap situation would NOT preclude us from signing ANY player!

Tatonka
03-22-2005, 07:18 AM
i didnt know the eagles were over the top..

Voltron
03-22-2005, 07:21 AM
Sorry, I dont buy that. TD said himself that the Bills cap situation would NOT preclude us from signing ANY player!
Yes and that is why you are here and TD makes millions. Because he doesn't know what he is doing :rolleyes:

mysticsoto
03-22-2005, 07:28 AM
Shelton for Travis streaight up is about all we are going to get. Id love more but it aint gonna happen.

TD is planning to wait until the draft, mark my words. He thinks that when Brown, Williams, and Benson are gone, Travis is the next best thing and some team will give him what he needs to get into the 1st round. I personally think this is stupid. This draft is very weak in the 1st round. And if he thinks some 1st round OT can start, and play well at LT day one, he is dreaming. Do I like the idea of drafting a OT to play LT early, yes very much, but not when there is no Pace/Jones/Ogden type in this draft, and not when we have to wait until pick 10 at least to get back in the 1st (it will take that long for the top RB's to be gone and Travis to get dealt).

If he plans to move up into the 1st for Baas, thats even dumber. I love the guy, but not enough to trade up into the 1st for him. Hes a damn C or G, we had like a half dozen that we could have grabbed that we be better than Baas day one from FA and shunned them all. Now we would move up for a draftee who will make mistakes in year 1? with a young QB at the helm? YIKES!

I wasnt fond of Shelton, but this is a better scenario than anything else at this point. At least we land a solid OT rather than a mistake prone draftee.

There is one more possibility. Maybe TD wants to move into the 1st round or sit pat with 2 seconds for a prospect at a position of lesser need. Maybe he thinks that Antrell Rolle or Pac Man Jones is an absolute stud or maybe Heath Miller (again TE doesnt seem to me to be a position where you trade the world to get one). This may be a shocker if thats his game. I cant complain about landing a Pac Man Jones when Clements is set to leave next year. If we are trading for something, lets get the best damn value even at a non-need position.

We don't know all that is on that bargaining table. TH is saying it was a straight up trade, but all indications are that it wasn't. It also seemed to me that Green was the one that cooled down on the deal and not TD. I could be wrong, and TH could be right - but somehow I think all the details are not on the table for us to view...

ryjam282
03-22-2005, 07:43 AM
Well, I think that was coach speak. Why didn't we get Demulling then?

Marvelous
03-22-2005, 08:35 AM
I love how fans act like they watched LJ Shelton play. :trance:
I wouldn't mind moving up in the draft as part of the trade.
Do you guys think we can get more for TH if it's for a pick next year? maybe a 1st.:)

Voltron
03-22-2005, 08:41 AM
:rofl: :bf1:

No kidding! If it isn't on sportscenter no one here has actually seen it :shakeno:

The only thing any Bills fan knows about Shelton besides that he is a Cardinal is what they read here and in the newspaper :rolleyes:

Dicknoze69
03-22-2005, 08:47 AM
We don't know all that is on that bargaining table. TH is saying it was a straight up trade, but all indications are that it wasn't. It also seemed to me that Green was the one that cooled down on the deal and not TD. I could be wrong, and TH could be right - but somehow I think all the details are not on the table for us to view...

Exactly. We all know Henry isn't the smartest guy in the world, but he may be just repeating what his agent tells him to say in order to get us to deal him quicker. There's no way we can possibly know if Shelton for TH was actually on the table for us to decide on.

Gunzlingr
03-22-2005, 08:47 AM

No kidding! If it isn't on sportscenter no one here has actually seen it :shakeno:

The only thing any Bills fan knows about Shelton besides that he is a Cardinal is what they read here and in the newspaper :rolleyes:
But he is an 81 on Madden!

Big M
03-22-2005, 08:59 AM
Exactly. We all know Henry isn't the smartest guy in the world, but he may be just repeating what his agent tells him to say in order to get us to deal him quicker. There's no way we can possibly know if Shelton for TH was actually on the table for us to decide on.

Thank you. :clap:

Tatonka
03-22-2005, 09:49 AM
Thank you. :clap:

your welcome. :up:

finsrclowns
03-22-2005, 10:09 AM
I blame a good piece of this latest outburst from Henry on his agent, whoever he is. We all know Henry is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, probably has a weekly "boys night out" with the other members of the "single digit wonderlic" club ( :jk: ) but that's why he needs a competent advisor to explain the abc's of contracts, trades and the do's and don'ts of dealing with the press in the NFL.

Does anyone see that happening based first on Henry's decision to extend his rookie contract for short money or later some of his public comments including the most recent ones? It makes you shake your head. Shut up Travis!

Mr. Cynical
03-22-2005, 10:15 AM
competent

R. Rich
03-22-2005, 12:28 PM
But he is an 81 on Madden!

Hahaha!!!

ddaryl
03-22-2005, 01:33 PM
TH is growing impatient, and he is beginning to panic. Trying to speed up the process for his own benefit.

Sorry Travis, we like the crop of rookie OL in the draft better then Shelton, and you're going to help us get one.

venis2k1
03-22-2005, 01:39 PM

I know his is a better LT than teague.

Throne Logic
03-22-2005, 01:57 PM

If Travis told you that TD was mailing you a $1,000 check, would you be camped out at the mailbox?

jamze132
03-22-2005, 05:30 PM

This is not what Donahoe has in mind.

jamze132
03-22-2005, 05:36 PM
I love how fans act like they watched LJ Shelton play. :trance:

It's F'n hillarious. I bet if you asked all the posters who Shelton was before the offseason started, 7 out of 10 would have been clueless, to include me. But I also never claimed to watch Shelton. :funny:

VABills
03-22-2005, 06:24 PM
I think we should trade our entire team for the Eagles. If TD was any good he could do it. But as you say JP he sucks. Hell if TD was any good we should get the Eagles 1st rounders for the next 10 years as well.

X-Era
03-22-2005, 06:51 PM
I think we should trade our entire team for the Eagles. If TD was any good he could do it. But as you say JP he sucks. Hell if TD was any good we should get the Eagles 1st rounders for the next 10 years as well.
Obviously irony is a word you havent learned yet.

Werent you the guy who blasted every Tom, Dick, and Harry who questioned Shelton? Im basically saying they should make the deal and you send a reply like that? Take a hike.

VABills
03-22-2005, 07:12 PM
I am agreeing with you. TD sucks and if he were any good we should be able to get the whole eagles team.

BuffaloRanger
03-23-2005, 12:28 AM
If he were any good the Bills would have made the playoffs. Not looking at the next 2 seasons as longshots for the playoffs.

Longshot = few injuries, some players suddenly play much better than ever, draft picks work out perfectly. Could happen, but unlikely.