X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelous
    • Feb 2004

Bills on monday night?

With our strong finish it could happen. I don't even remember our last monday night game. But it's been long enough. I think we get a game this year.
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor
  • Voltron
    • Jul 2002

How many times does this have to come up? No matter what OBD says Ralph does not want a Monday night game. This is a regional franchise with tens of thousands coming across the boarder from Canada to watch this team as well as people coming from as far as Albany on any given Sunday. Would you want to drive 3 to 6 hours back home after the game ends at 11:30 PM and the parking lot clears? Not to mention I believe that Ralph was less than impressed with how the crowed acted at the last Monday night game. They made Buffalo look worse than people already think we are!

I am a season ticket holder and I leave Auburn at 7:30 am to get to the lot by 9:30 opening. By the time I get home from the game it is anywhere between 7:00 and 9:30 depending on how the thruway is. It sounds awesome to have a Monday night game but as a season ticket holder I could care less. I don't care what day they play. The games all count the same at the end.
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
    - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
    -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
    - Mark Twain

Comment

• Dicknoze69
      Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
      • Jul 2002

We won't have a home MNF game, but it's possible we could play on the road on MNF...and probably get our asses kicked like usual in primetime.

God give me style and give me grace
      God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Voltron
        How many times does this have to come up? No matter what OBD says Ralph does not want a Monday night game. This is a regional franchise with tens of thousands coming across the boarder from Canada to watch this team as well as people coming from as far as Albany on any given Sunday. Would you want to drive 3 to 6 hours back home after the game ends at 11:30 PM and the parking lot clears?
        That doesn't make any sense though, cuz every other fan base in the league puts up with the same thing to go to night games.

I personally don't really wanna see them in primetime, they always get embarassed and then I have to endure the "man your team really blows" comments at work the following day.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
          That doesn't make any sense though, cuz every other fan base in the league puts up with the same thing to go to night games.

I personally don't really wanna see them in primetime, they always get embarassed and then I have to endure the "man your team really blows" comments at work the following day.
          depends on the city- in DC the population is so centrally located that this isn't an issue. People still get home late, but it's not like driving from Buffalo to Albany. Plus the public transportation reduces highway congestion.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

but I agree- I hate primetime games. They always make us look bad, and when they're over I'm either too excited or too mad to sleep.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• tampabay25690
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Sippio
              With our strong finish it could happen. I don't even remember our last monday night game. But it's been long enough. I think we get a game this year.
              I would like to see it also, I would fly home if we had a Sunday nite game or Mon nite game.
              GO Gators!!!!!!
              GO GATORS!!

Comment

• tampabay25690
                • Feb 2004

How many times does this have to come up? No matter what OBD says Ralph does not want a Monday night game. This is a regional franchise with tens of thousands coming across the boarder from Canada to watch this team as well as people coming from as far as Albany on any given Sunday. Would you want to drive 3 to 6 hours back home after the game ends at 11:30 PM and the parking lot clears? Not to mention I believe that Ralph was less than impressed with how the crowed acted at the last Monday night game. They made Buffalo look worse than people already think we are!

I am a season ticket holder and I leave Auburn at 7:30 am to get to the lot by 9:30 opening. By the time I get home from the game it is anywhere between 7:00 and 9:30 depending on how the thruway is. It sounds awesome to have a Monday night game but as a season ticket holder I could care less. I don't care what day they play. The games all count the same at the end.
                Its like that in every city you know how many people come from Sarasota and Orlando for the Bucs games, I just think it would be great for the Bills and the city for a primetime game. AND do you know how much revenue comes in for a big prime time game!!!!!!!!!!! We will actually have some people staying in the area hotels spending $$$. Thats what the city could use!!!!!
                GO Gators!!!!!!
                GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Jeff1220
                  H to the 12:20
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman

The majority of Ravens fans don't have to drive more than 30-40 minutes for a game. Many Bills fans drive 2-3 hours to see them play.

Comment

• Voltron
                    • Jul 2002

Yes but if the people stop coming from Canada, Rochester, Syracuse and the rest of the state RWS is not sold out. That is not my opinion that is a FACT! Hence the new buzz word at OBD of “Regional Franchise”. Do you think they moved Training camp to Rochester because it is cheap to move all the equipment and people there? It is there way of tapping into a larger area since the population centers are shrinking and becoming more spread out.

I would tend to guess that Tampa could fill their stadium with out the folks from Sarasota and Orlando.
                    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                    - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                    -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                    - Mark Twain

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                      • Feb 2005

I would like a Monday night primetime game, just as long as it isn't like the Sunday night game this past season when the Pats kicked our ass.

Comment

• McBFLO
                        • Mar 2003

I hate this about RW. Everytime we play on Monday night, we're on the road in places like KC, Pitt, NE, etc. It puts at a big disadvantage. Then when we lose, we look bad on national TV. What team in the NFL isn't a regional franchise? The Packers are for sure, but they still have MNF games. Honestly, if we can't (or won't) have a MNF home game, I'd rather not play on Monday night at all.
                        Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• McBFLO
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          but I agree- I hate primetime games. They always make us look bad
                          It's because whenever we play them we're always on the road! Remember the last home night game? The season opener against the Titans the season after the Homerun Throwback. It was a Sun. night game. The Bills won, and it was an AWESOME game! I want more of that!

Eternal optimist.

Comment

• McBFLO
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                            AND do you know how much revenue comes in for a big prime time game!!!!!!!!!!! We will actually have some people staying in the area hotels spending $$$. Thats what the city could use!!!!!
                            Excellent point! Does RW not realize this? If not, someone should tell the ol' bastard!

Eternal optimist.

Comment

• gggbills
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by pepperkorn
                              I hate this about RW. Everytime we play on Monday night, we're on the road in places like KC, Pitt, NE, etc. It puts at a big disadvantage. Then when we lose, we look bad on national TV. What team in the NFL isn't a regional franchise? The Packers are for sure, but they still have MNF games. Honestly, if we can't (or won't) have a MNF home game, I'd rather not play on Monday night at all.
                              Exactly, well said. I understand that some people travel a distance for our games, hell I fly in from SoCal. But really, we are talking about ONE Monday night game AT HOME. I think true Bills fans can arrange their schedules to attend that event. I want the nation to see RWS lite up on a Monday nite. I want them to see how loyal and out of control our fans can be at a game. I want the city of Buffalo to experence the excitment of having the football world focused on them for a few hours.

You know when Cinci was up and coming, they gave them a Sunday/Monday night game last year...)can't recall what day is was. But i do recall their fans making noise from start to finish. And I do belive they won that game. I also recall the Sunday night game we had many years ago vs. the Titans. I was there and I have never heard that place so loud. It was like a playoff game, only it was just the first game of the year.

I really like Ralph Wilson, but on this topic...screw him. The fans and the city deserve the exposure of a Monday nite game..(at home).....THIS YEAR!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X