PDA

View Full Version : Travis draft day trade

X-Era
03-22-2005, 05:16 PM
MY guess is that Arizona swings a deal with us to trade Travis to them for the 44th (2nd round) pick. At that spot we could very well land Baas and most likely we only need to coucgh up a later round pick in addition to TRavis to swing it.

Then we have 2 2nd rounders to spend as we like. I see us grabbing a blocking TE in one of the earlier picks, Baas, and maybe a T.

Marvelous
03-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Can someone fill me in on Baas? All i know is he could play C.

((Not much of a draftnit. I get 1 magazine and put in the bathroom for 3 weeks prior to draft)) :loser:

Sportsuser101
03-22-2005, 06:46 PM

((Not much of a draftnit. I get 1 magazine and put in the bathroom for 3 weeks prior to draft)) :loser:
I could tell you about him but these guys do a much better job.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/og/davidbaas.html

Anytime you get a Michigan offensive lineman you know there is a good chance he will be succesful at the next level.

X-Era
03-22-2005, 06:47 PM

Baas is the next Steve Hutchinson!!!! He is a stud interior o-lineman who can play both G and C. He is easily the best G or C in this years draft! G's and C's dont typically go in the 1st round. Hutchinson was the last if I remember correctly, Baas has a great chance to go in the 1st but is more likely to drop into the 2nd. Although there are great G's available in the 2nd, Elton Brown, CJ Brooks; There really arent any C's that are worthy of a 2nd rounder. Spencer and Wilkerson are more likely 3rd rounders. Baas however is the exception and if the Bills (who have heavily scouted him) really want him they may need to move up from 55 to get him.

Sportsuser101
03-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Baas is the next Steve Hutchinson!!!! He is a stud interior o-lineman who can play both G and C. He is easily the best G or C in this years draft! G's and C's dont typically go in the 1st round. Hutchinson was the last if I remember correctly, Baas has a great chance to go in the 1st but is more likely to drop into the 2nd. Although there are great G's available in the 2nd, Elton Brown, CJ Brooks; There really arent any C's that are worthy of a 2nd rounder. Spencer and Wilkerson are more likely 3rd rounders. Baas however is the exception and if the Bills (who have heavily scouted him) really want him they may need to move up from 55 to get him.
Unless you include Andrews or Carey as guards, Faine was the last interior offensive lineman to be drafted in the 1st a few years ago.

Sportsuser101
03-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Also I think Spencer (if Baas and Brown are gone) would be a superb pick in the 2nd round for us.

ShadowHawk7
03-22-2005, 08:31 PM
Arizona is not going to give their early 2nd for Henry. They'd use it on Edge before then.

McBFLO
03-22-2005, 11:05 PM
My bet is that AZ takes Benson if he falls to them. Ronnie Brown will go to the 'Phins, Cadillac Williams to the Bucs (eliminating any trade w/ them). I think our only hope at this point is with possibly like SF (they should want a good RB, Barlow hasn't progressed like he should have) or Seattle if they trade away Alexander, or trade him after a camp injury. I do NOT want to see him here this year. He's said before that he could have made last year bad for the locker room. Why would he be willing to do that 2 years in a row.