• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deathadder
    • Mar 2003

Crennel Says NO To Scrimmage!

ROMEO'S APPROACH

Romeo Crennel knows what he's facing as Cleveland's new head coach.

``We're starting from a pretty low point,'' Crennel acknowledged. ``When you only win four games, you know you have to add talent. We have a few solid players there, but we have to upgrade.''

Crennel and Phil Savage, the new general manager, have begun by subtraction, dumping two failed high draft choices.

Defensive end Courtney Brown, the No. 1 overall pick in 2000, was released after being plagued by injury throughout his career. Defensive tackle Gerard Warren, third overall the next year, was traded to Denver for a fourth-round pick.

In fact, the Browns are turning over the team so much they decided to do away with their annual scrimmage sessions with Buffalo.

``We have too much to teach in a short period of time,'' Crennel said. ``When you play another team even in a scrimmage, you have to spend some of that time getting ready for them.''

http://www.gizmogamer.com - Your #1 source for the latest gaming, gadgets, and technology news!
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

so what happens now?
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• G. Host
      Banned
      • Jul 2002

Bills LBs do not get to beat up on a Cleveland QB

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Nice fuggin try, d_ck spank! Crennel can kiss my a_s!

We can EASILY find another scrimmage partner, how bout them Steelers? Giants?

Originally posted by deathadder
        ROMEO'S APPROACH

``We're starting from a pretty low point,'' Crennel acknowledged. ``When you only win four games, you know you have to add talent. We have a few solid players there, but we have to upgrade.''

Crennel and Phil Savage, the new general manager, have begun by subtraction, dumping two failed high draft choices.

Defensive end Courtney Brown, the No. 1 overall pick in 2000, was released after being plagued by injury throughout his career. Defensive tackle Gerard Warren, third overall the next year, was traded to Denver for a fourth-round pick.

In fact, the Browns are turning over the team so much they decided to do away with their annual scrimmage sessions with Buffalo.

``We have too much to teach in a short period of time,'' Crennel said. ``When you play another team even in a scrimmage, you have to spend some of that time getting ready for them.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Good call for his team, and he has a good point although I dont like it
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• regor
            • Jul 2002

big deal

Comment

• cordog
              eat, drink, and be merry
              • Apr 2003

That freakin sucks. This year it was suppose to be at my college.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by jp-era

Top-quoter

Comment

• PUCKER
                  • Sep 2004

That sucks,but what can we do?
                  Zapper's Hit List:
                  SABURZFAN -
                  SabreEleven -

pjw aka Mini -
                  Billsology -

Join BDZ today!!!
                  http://www.billszone.com/http://www....ad.php?t=72979

Comment

• fanman
                    • Dec 2004

I'd like to see them come over to Albany and scrimmage the Giants. I usually go to at least one day of Giants training camp just to satisfy my early august football hunger, and I would be all over that scrimmage

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                      • May 2004

If I were Crennel I probably would be hesitant to have any kind of scrimmage this year too. I mean the Browns are in a HUGE state of flux....I don't know if any other team in the league is going to field as different a team this year as they did last year.

I mean they are going in with a different RB (granted Suggs was there last year, but wasn't the starter), a different QB, different oline personnel, different dline personnel, different DBs, and a whole new coaching staff. What a mess. I will be amazed if the Browns win a game before November. It is chaos over there, and they don't have much money to fix it.

Makes me feel pretty good about the Bills situation.
                      "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                      --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Damn you, Crennel!

Comment

• Statman
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by jp-era

Our starters already scrimmaged the Steelers backups.
                          Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• gobuffalo2007
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by deathadder
                            ROMEO'S APPROACH

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
                            guess we scrimmage the next worse team to make ourselves look good.

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

fargin ice hole!!!
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X