• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Teams hurt themselves going for two points

By John Clayton
    ESPN.com

Critics of overuse of the two-point conversion like myself have been looking for some coach to lose a game, partially because of a blown two-point conversion with the lead. Unfortunately, Jim Fassel became that coach.

It's a shame because he's done a great job coaching a thin Giants roster made thinner by injuries. He took over the offensive play-calling and kept faint playoff hopes alive when Amani Toomer was the only experienced receiver.

more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

i didn't understand why the PACKERS went for 2 against the VIKES.if they would have converted,they would have led by 6.if the VIKES would have scored,they would tie it pending the extra point.i know the extra point isn't automatic but if the VIKES would have scored,they'd be leading by 3 which would have forced green bay for the tie.the extra point would've had them down by 2,if that scenerio happened,and they could have gone for the win instead of the tie.

the 2-point conversion is a nice option to have but i feel that it gets overused too.a lot of coaches use it at the wrong time.the GIANTS is a perfect example of losing a game for using it at the wrong time.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

GW made the same bonehead move in the Vikings game earlier this year. He is lucky we tied it up and won in overtime because people would of been calling for his head.

Comment

• SoFL-Cheesehead
        • Nov 2002

If the PACk made the 2 points, then there would be a greater pressure on the Vikings to kick the PAT. The PACK already blocked one PAT in the game and if the PACK did it again it would be a tie game and in to Over Time!
        Spelling and Grammer IS overrated!!

Comment

Working...
        X