PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins Pick

jdbillsfan
03-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Who do you guys think would be the best pick for the Dolphins for Bills fans.

There are a couple possible scenarios, but the main goal would be for the Dolphins to draft a bust or a player that won't be able to help them much.

It seems like if they are leaving the door open for Williams, then maybe they aren't leaning towards RB but who knows.

Seems like the two options are RB - Ronnie Brown, Cadillac or Benson

or

QB - Alex Smith or Rodgers

For Buffalo, if they do draft Ronnie Brown, that probably opens the door more for the Henry trade to AZ, but also he will probably be less likely of a bust than Smith or Rodgers.

Do you guys have a preference?

OpIv37
03-23-2005, 11:23 AM
the draft is a crap shoot anyway- you never know when you're going to get a Tom Brady in Round 6 or waste a 1st round pick on a Rick Mirer (I think he went in the first round- I know he went high).

Obviously I don't want the Dolphins to get a guy who's going to give us headaches for the next decade or so, but I think it's impossible to tell who that will be.

Jayhawk
03-23-2005, 11:26 AM
SS Tony Stubbs Kansas

clumping platelets
03-23-2005, 11:29 AM
I would say one of the QBs......it will be a few yrs before either is ready and they will take up a good chunk of cap space. Neither will help them in 2005. If they choose a RB or WR, then that player stands a better chance of contributing in 2005.

Draft QB

Ebenezer
03-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Who do you guys think would be the best pick for the Dolphins for Bills fans.

Best for Bills fans?? I think they should pick to go to Los Angeles instead of New York and miss the first round of the draft.

Mahdi
03-23-2005, 11:41 AM
Out of Smith, Rodgers, Benson, Cadillac and Brown. The player most likely to be a bust IMO is Cadillac. So he is my first choice. Other than that though I would not want to see Miami pick up one of the other 2 backs. That would make their offense too potent. I think AJ Feely is going to be successful. He just needs more time. Watching him play B'lo last year he was pretty impressive, showed good accuracy and decent arm stregth. Now if they get Ronnie or Benson that would put them over the top offensively, and they would be tough to stop. Whereas if they get a QB I dont see that changing their offense too much since it wont be that much of an upgrade over Feely. JMO

ShadowHawk7
03-23-2005, 12:03 PM
On one hand I'd like to see them pick a QB out of a weak class, and watch him stuggle in B-Lo. But on the other hand I'd like them to pick a RB so Arizona will be hard pressed to give a lot for Henry.

Overall, I hope the pick Alex Smith, or M. Clarett with the #2 pick.

Ebenezer
03-23-2005, 12:05 PM
On one hand I'd like to see them pick a QB out of a weak class, and watch him stuggle in B-Lo. But on the other hand I'd like them to pick a RB so Arizona will be hard pressed to give a lot for Henry.

Overall, I hope the pick Alex Smith, or M. Clarett with the #2 pick.
even the 'fins are not stupid enough to pick clarett

Cntrygal
03-23-2005, 07:58 PM
Even before thinking of draft picks or other players......I really wanted Wanny to sign a lifetime contract. :(

That Guy
03-23-2005, 08:05 PM
I think Rodgers is the biggest bust of the group... so that's my pick.

Samphin1
03-23-2005, 09:17 PM
I think Rodgers is the biggest bust of the group... so that's my pick.

Agreed. I have seen him many times in Berkeley. I think he is horribly overrated and he would be out of the top 5 had Leinart come out.

Bling
03-23-2005, 09:27 PM
We have to go QB. I like AJ Feeley, but when will be the next time we have a 2nd overall pick? If Rodgers fall, we have to pick him. Alex Smith is garbage (imo). I would even take him though. Even if they amount to above-average players, at least we have a QB for the next 10 years, we also can't say we didn't try. Feeley might be worth something too. Plus, depsite what people think, our RB situation isn't that bad. Lamar Gordon we were all high on before he got hurt. Our O-line should be better with HH as O-line coach. While Linehan isn't known for his hard working RB's (Benson, Brown). Gordon seems to me to be perfect for the job. Sammy Morris did a good job (but he's FB now). I don't mind drafting a Frank Gore, Eric Shelton either in the 5th round.

TBFSC
03-23-2005, 09:51 PM
We have to go QB. I like AJ Feeley, but when will be the next time we have a 2nd overall pick? If Rodgers fall, we have to pick him. Alex Smith is garbage (imo). I would even take him though. Even if they amount to above-average players, at least we have a QB for the next 10 years, we also can't say we didn't try. Feeley might be worth something too. Plus, depsite what people think, our RB situation isn't that bad. Lamar Gordon we were all high on before he got hurt. Our O-line should be better with HH as O-line coach. While Linehan isn't known for his hard working RB's (Benson, Brown). Gordon seems to me to be perfect for the job. Sammy Morris did a good job (but he's FB now). I don't mind drafting a Frank Gore, Eric Shelton either in the 5th round. who are you? are on at finheaven?

Tatonka
03-23-2005, 10:18 PM
actually.. my hope is that they take benson.. but i dont see it happening..

my fear is that they take brown.

if i am the fish.. the best scenario for them is to trade down, pick up a 2nd and grab LB Johnson.

that is my 2 cents... which means nothing.

mysticsoto
03-24-2005, 07:55 AM
actually.. my hope is that they take benson.. but i dont see it happening..

my fear is that they take brown.

if i am the fish.. the best scenario for them is to trade down, pick up a 2nd and grab LB Johnson.

that is my 2 cents... which means nothing.

Why do you prefer Benson and why don't you like Brown?

Trading down is unlikely...

Tatonka
03-24-2005, 08:01 AM
i would prefer benson over the dolphins picking caddy or brown.. because benson is the worst RB out of the 3, imho.

so i HOPE they take benson.. i DONT want them to take Brown, because i think he will be the best... and if i were a dolphins fan.. i would hope for a trade down to get johnson.

NJFINSFAN1
03-24-2005, 08:08 AM
Out of Smith, Rodgers, Benson, Cadillac and Brown. The player most likely to be a bust IMO is Cadillac. So he is my first choice. Other than that though I would not want to see Miami pick up one of the other 2 backs. That would make their offense too potent. I think AJ Feely is going to be successful. He just needs more time. Watching him play B'lo last year he was pretty impressive, showed good accuracy and decent arm stregth. Now if they get Ronnie or Benson that would put them over the top offensively, and they would be tough to stop. Whereas if they get a QB I dont see that changing their offense too much since it wont be that much of an upgrade over Feely. JMO
It's beginning to look like AJ won't be the starter. He is starting out on the wrong foot with Saban. He is not working out in Miami and is all over magazine covers with Heather Mitts. And Saban called him out on it yesterday in Sabans way.

Dolphins coach Nick Saban addressed several issues at the NFL owners' meetings Tuesday, including the advantage Gus Frerotte will have over A.J. Feeley in any quarterback competition because of his familiarity with Scott Linehan's offense.
"Well, some of that responsibility has to come... you know... on A.J.," Saban said. "This whole thing is we want to give him every opportunity to do what he needs to do, but he's got to be responsible for his own self-determination, too. I mean, that's up to him."

gobuffalo2007
03-24-2005, 08:22 AM
This is what will happen.
Ricky W. comes back but into FA. a team grabs him before the Dolphins like tampa. Nick Saben sits down one night and watches old clips from Williams and realizes he wants to get him. So he trades away all his drft picks except for the 7th round pick. then in the 7th round he drafts a kicker. Ricky turns out to be on steroids and is kicked out of the NFL.
lets hope and pray this happens.

finsrclowns
03-24-2005, 09:50 AM
My dream would be they draft Cedric Benson. He's a solid back, but can't break the big ones, can't catch the ball, isn't a perimeter threat because of a lack of speed. Sound like a "top 5 back" we know? :funny: But unfortunately after Texas's Pro Day a couple days ago the cat's out of the bag on Benson and he's going to drop like a stone out of the top 10.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcmc2NWVyBF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwNvZQ--?slug=cr-prodays032305&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

feelthepain
03-24-2005, 09:56 AM
It's beginning to look like AJ won't be the starter. He is starting out on the wrong foot with Saban. He is not working out in Miami and is all over magazine covers with Heather Mitts. And Saban called him out on it yesterday in Sabans way.

Dolphins coach Nick Saban addressed several issues at the NFL owners' meetings Tuesday, including the advantage Gus Frerotte will have over A.J. Feeley in any quarterback competition because of his familiarity with Scott Linehan's offense.
"Well, some of that responsibility has to come... you know... on A.J.," Saban said. "This whole thing is we want to give him every opportunity to do what he needs to do, but he's got to be responsible for his own self-determination, too. I mean, that's up to him."

Where do you come up with your rumors? Camp hasn't even started yet and your already saying it's looking like AJ won't be the starter!! I don't know what reading comprehension means to you, but I took it as Saban just saying he will make an open battle for starting QB. I see nothing in that paragraph that leans either way. As it stands right now the best thing for the team at QB is an open competition. Just because Freotte knows the O better doesn't mean he will beat out AJ. AJ has more chemistry with the WR's. Your showing your preference with your comments, no facts in your post.

mysticsoto
03-24-2005, 09:56 AM
i would prefer benson over the dolphins picking caddy or brown.. because benson is the worst RB out of the 3, imho.

so i HOPE they take benson.. i DONT want them to take Brown, because i think he will be the best... and if i were a dolphins fan.. i would hope for a trade down to get johnson.
I really don't care as long as they pick 1 of the top 3. We need all top 3 RBs to be gone by the 8th pick so Arizona can get on the phone with TD and negotiate that trade. Then we send TH over, get Shelton as our starting LT, and hopefully get Baas or Terry with our upgraded 2nd rd pick.

Then, a bunch of us get together, take a quick trip to Miami, grab a crow bar and bang Ronnie Brown's knee ala Tanya Harding style.

Who's with me on this plan?

NJFINSFAN1
03-24-2005, 12:06 PM
Where do you come up with your rumors? Camp hasn't even started yet and your already saying it's looking like AJ won't be the starter!! I don't know what reading comprehension means to you, but I took it as Saban just saying he will make an open battle for starting QB. I see nothing in that paragraph that leans either way. As it stands right now the best thing for the team at QB is an open competition. Just because Freotte knows the O better doesn't mean he will beat out AJ. AJ has more chemistry with the WR's. Your showing your preference with your comments, no facts in your post.
Would you like me to read it to you?? I can like I do to my 6 year-old??

Gus has the inside track!

It is known AJ is not working out and is jet setting with Mitts.

You can't see this is Saban telling AJ to dump or get off the pot??

Go yell at some Bill fans until you get your facts straight! http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/icons/icon8.gif

justasportsfan
03-24-2005, 12:13 PM
Oooh, cat fight. :movie:

Samphin1
03-24-2005, 12:15 PM
Pass the popcorn this way Justa.

justasportsfan
03-24-2005, 12:16 PM
Pass the popcorn this way Justa. Mothers should stop their daughters from fighting

:peace:

NJFINSFAN1
03-24-2005, 12:33 PM
Oooh, cat fight. :movie:
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/images/smilies/hug.gif (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=2#)

feelthepain
03-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Would you like me to read it to you??
No.... I would prefer you learn how to read. Stop posting your opinion like it's fact! Your taking what you read out of context, just to come here and look submisive.... Why? I don't know, rep points maybe??? But with all the Saban quotes and misguided reporting thats been flying around you can't pinpoint anything Saban will do. Saban has said, "AJ is the starter", Saban has said, "Freotte will be given every chance to compete", Saban has said, "we need to improve at the QB position". We have little if any info into what Saban really thinks. He will say anything and nothing in the same breath. If you want to spread rumors on things that aren't really rumors thats up to you, but in the eyes of most Fin fans that don't know the first thing Saban will do you look like your posting personal opinion, not fact. Let the fans here read for themseleves and stop the propaganda, your a fin fan for pete sakes. Grow a pair will ya!

NJFINSFAN1
03-24-2005, 12:50 PM
No.... I would prefer you learn how to read. Stop posting your opinion like it's fact! Your taking what you read out of context, just to come here and look submisive.... Why? I don't know, rep points maybe??? But with all the Saban quotes and misguided reporting thats been flying around you can't pinpoint anything Saban will do. Saban has said, "AJ is the starter", Saban has said, "Freotte will be given every chance to compete", Saban has said, "we need to improve at the QB position". We have little if any info into what Saban really thinks. He will say anything and nothing in the same breath. If you want to spread rumors on things that aren't really rumors thats up to you, but in the eyes of most Fin fans that don't know the first thing Saban will do you look like your posting personal opinion, not fact. Let the fans here read for themseleves and stop the propaganda, your a fin fan for pete sakes. Grow a pair will ya!
I don't ever remember saying it was a fact, but then I guess you just like making things up??

And if you look it up, he never said AJ was the starter! He said AJ would be given every chance to be the starter.

And yes it is my opinion that Saban is pissed that he is not down there studying and following Linehan around like a lost puppy trying to learn anything and everything from him.

And yes it is my opinion that his quote was to get AJ to start working.

And yes, it's my opinion that Gus will start for us!

And I don't even know what the hell a rep point is?

justasportsfan
03-24-2005, 01:11 PM
finfans fighting amongst each other on a bills board.

:fishfry: To think they both come from FH.

feelthepain
03-24-2005, 01:12 PM
And if you look it up, he never said AJ was the starter! He said AJ would be given every chance to be the starter.

This one sentence says a lot about what is going on with Saban and the fans that post things they "think they know". I read he said that he wanted AJ to be the starter and you read something different maybe your statment came at a later time, who knows! Who knows anything Saban will do, but I won't go to a rival site and write things like, "it's looking like AJ won't be the starter"...thats pure speculation, and you write it as if it has meat. Just stop!!! You have nothing even close to this as proof to backup what you write. It's tough enough to get respectability for the Fins on this site without you writting non-sense.

feelthepain
03-24-2005, 01:16 PM
finfans fighting amongst each other on a bills board.

:fishfry: To think they both come from FH.

What do you expect when you go to a rival site and read subordination from a fan of your team that makes things up? someone...anyone show me where it says anything close to AJ not being the starter next year,please!!!!

justasportsfan
03-24-2005, 01:22 PM
:snicker:

NJFINSFAN1
03-24-2005, 01:22 PM
This one sentence says a lot about what is going on with Saban and the fans that post things they "think they know". I read he said that he wanted AJ to be the starter and you read something different maybe your statment came at a later time, who knows! Who knows anything Saban will do, but I won't go to a rival site and write things like, "it's looking like AJ won't be the starter"...thats pure speculation, and you write it as if it has meat. Just stop!!! You have nothing even close to this as proof to backup what you write. It's tough enough to get respectability for the Fins on this site without you writting non-sense.
Did you ever think you don't get respect because your posting the nonsence??

And Saban saying Gus has the inside track would lead me to believe (just my opinion so you don't get confused) that AJ is in trouble and better get off his ass and start learning the offense.

feelthepain
03-24-2005, 01:32 PM
Did you ever think you don't get respect because your posting the nonsence??

And Saban saying Gus has the inside track would lead me to believe (just my opinion so you don't get confused) that AJ is in trouble and better get off his ass and start learning the offense.If you understood football you would understand that this comment is a motivator nothing els, Saban does this like he breaths. It's second nature to him it's his personality. Subtle motivation ever heard of it? It would only benefit the team to make a competition between the QB's, it doesn't mean anything at this point, but you jump on it like a fat kid loves cake. I guess you'll be telling everyone here who Nick will be drafting with our first pick? I'll be waiting for this bit of insider info.

justasportsfan
03-24-2005, 01:35 PM
I don't think personal attacks amongst finfans is against TOS. Go on. :D.

feelthepain
03-24-2005, 02:06 PM
I don't think personal attacks amongst finfans is against TOS. Go on. :D.

I have not made one personal insult to anyone, however I will jump in and set the record stright no matter who's posting. I could care less if the guy's a fin fan when you post you have responsibilty to the people that read what you write and to make things up or lead people to believe something that just simply isn't true then you should be in a forum for people who gossip not talk football. The poster I'm talking about posted gossip, not rumor or fact.

Samphin1
03-24-2005, 02:59 PM
Mothers should stop their daughters from fighting

:peace:

So go ahead and stop it then! :posrep:

NJFINSFAN1
03-24-2005, 04:56 PM
I have not made one personal insult to anyone, however I will jump in and set the record stright no matter who's posting. I could care less if the guy's a fin fan when you post you have responsibilty to the people that read what you write and to make things up or lead people to believe something that just simply isn't true then you should be in a forum for people who gossip not talk football. The poster I'm talking about posted gossip, not rumor or fact.
Rumor??

I posted a quote from Saban! Which said Gus has the Edge!! How is that rumor??

feelthepain
03-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Rumor??

I posted a quote from Saban! Which said Gus has the Edge!! How is that rumor??
Thats not the rumor or fact I talking about. It was the,"it's begining to look like AJ will not be the starter", comment! This is where you need to learn how to read and stop posting your opinion like it's fact. Saban made the quote above in refrence to Freotte having played in Linehan's O for the past two years. knowhere does it say, elude to, or lead anyone to think AJ won't be the starter. All it is, is Saban stirring the pot and creating competition nothing more.

Bling
03-24-2005, 06:13 PM
who are you? are on at finheaven?

I was banned from Finheaven. I'm a Dolphin fan. I was the 98th person in terms of post count before I was banned. 10th person at the Shoutbox. Banned in the whole PPK situation. Why do you ask?

justasportsfan
03-24-2005, 06:16 PM
:lolpoint:
I was banned from Finheaven. I'm a Dolphin fan. I was the 98th person in terms of post count before I was banned.

Bling
03-24-2005, 06:20 PM
I don't know where it says that Gus will start. He says he's got the edge. A guy that has been a career backup, we're going to start him? I'm worried about our QB situation if that's the case.

If that really is the case (which I doubt), we need to go QB in the draft. No way do I accept someone like Frerotte as our starter.

Bling
03-24-2005, 06:21 PM
:lolpoint:

What's funny about it? It isn't hard to get banned there.

justasportsfan
03-24-2005, 06:34 PM
What's funny about it? It isn't hard to get banned there.they love Clumpy , a bills fan and yet they banned you, a finfan

Bling
03-24-2005, 07:45 PM
they love Clumpy , a bills fan and yet they banned you, a finfan

Yep.