X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdbillsfan
    • Oct 2002

Dolphins Pick

Who do you guys think would be the best pick for the Dolphins for Bills fans.

There are a couple possible scenarios, but the main goal would be for the Dolphins to draft a bust or a player that won't be able to help them much.

It seems like if they are leaving the door open for Williams, then maybe they aren't leaning towards RB but who knows.

Seems like the two options are RB - Ronnie Brown, Cadillac or Benson

or

QB - Alex Smith or Rodgers

For Buffalo, if they do draft Ronnie Brown, that probably opens the door more for the Henry trade to AZ, but also he will probably be less likely of a bust than Smith or Rodgers.

Do you guys have a preference?
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

the draft is a crap shoot anyway- you never know when you're going to get a Tom Brady in Round 6 or waste a 1st round pick on a Rick Mirer (I think he went in the first round- I know he went high).

Obviously I don't want the Dolphins to get a guy who's going to give us headaches for the next decade or so, but I think it's impossible to tell who that will be.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
      • Aug 2004

SS Tony Stubbs Kansas
      http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• clumping platelets

I would say one of the QBs......it will be a few yrs before either is ready and they will take up a good chunk of cap space. Neither will help them in 2005. If they choose a RB or WR, then that player stands a better chance of contributing in 2005.

Draft QB

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
          Who do you guys think would be the best pick for the Dolphins for Bills fans.
          Best for Bills fans?? I think they should pick to go to Los Angeles instead of New York and miss the first round of the draft.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Out of Smith, Rodgers, Benson, Cadillac and Brown. The player most likely to be a bust IMO is Cadillac. So he is my first choice. Other than that though I would not want to see Miami pick up one of the other 2 backs. That would make their offense too potent. I think AJ Feely is going to be successful. He just needs more time. Watching him play B'lo last year he was pretty impressive, showed good accuracy and decent arm stregth. Now if they get Ronnie or Benson that would put them over the top offensively, and they would be tough to stop. Whereas if they get a QB I dont see that changing their offense too much since it wont be that much of an upgrade over Feely. JMO

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
              Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
              • Mar 2003

On one hand I'd like to see them pick a QB out of a weak class, and watch him stuggle in B-Lo. But on the other hand I'd like them to pick a RB so Arizona will be hard pressed to give a lot for Henry.

Overall, I hope the pick Alex Smith, or M. Clarett with the #2 pick.
              "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
              -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                On one hand I'd like to see them pick a QB out of a weak class, and watch him stuggle in B-Lo. But on the other hand I'd like them to pick a RB so Arizona will be hard pressed to give a lot for Henry.

Overall, I hope the pick Alex Smith, or M. Clarett with the #2 pick.
                even the 'fins are not stupid enough to pick clarett

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                  Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                  • Jul 2002

Even before thinking of draft picks or other players......I really wanted Wanny to sign a lifetime contract.
                  Originally posted by notacon
                  The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• That Guy
                    • Apr 2004

I think Rodgers is the biggest bust of the group... so that's my pick.

Comment

• Samphin1
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by That Guy
                      I think Rodgers is the biggest bust of the group... so that's my pick.

Agreed. I have seen him many times in Berkeley. I think he is horribly overrated and he would be out of the top 5 had Leinart come out.

Comment

• Bling
                        • Jul 2004

We have to go QB. I like AJ Feeley, but when will be the next time we have a 2nd overall pick? If Rodgers fall, we have to pick him. Alex Smith is garbage (imo). I would even take him though. Even if they amount to above-average players, at least we have a QB for the next 10 years, we also can't say we didn't try. Feeley might be worth something too. Plus, depsite what people think, our RB situation isn't that bad. Lamar Gordon we were all high on before he got hurt. Our O-line should be better with HH as O-line coach. While Linehan isn't known for his hard working RB's (Benson, Brown). Gordon seems to me to be perfect for the job. Sammy Morris did a good job (but he's FB now). I don't mind drafting a Frank Gore, Eric Shelton either in the 5th round.

Comment

• TBFSC
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Bling
                          We have to go QB. I like AJ Feeley, but when will be the next time we have a 2nd overall pick? If Rodgers fall, we have to pick him. Alex Smith is garbage (imo). I would even take him though. Even if they amount to above-average players, at least we have a QB for the next 10 years, we also can't say we didn't try. Feeley might be worth something too. Plus, depsite what people think, our RB situation isn't that bad. Lamar Gordon we were all high on before he got hurt. Our O-line should be better with HH as O-line coach. While Linehan isn't known for his hard working RB's (Benson, Brown). Gordon seems to me to be perfect for the job. Sammy Morris did a good job (but he's FB now). I don't mind drafting a Frank Gore, Eric Shelton either in the 5th round.
                          who are you? are on at finheaven?
                          The Pennington Juke.

Go Bills!

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

actually.. my hope is that they take benson.. but i dont see it happening..

my fear is that they take brown.

if i am the fish.. the best scenario for them is to trade down, pick up a 2nd and grab LB Johnson.

that is my 2 cents... which means nothing.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              actually.. my hope is that they take benson.. but i dont see it happening..

my fear is that they take brown.

if i am the fish.. the best scenario for them is to trade down, pick up a 2nd and grab LB Johnson.

that is my 2 cents... which means nothing.
                              Why do you prefer Benson and why don't you like Brown?

Trading down is unlikely...

Comment

Working...
                              X