PDA

View Full Version : COLD BRUTAL FACTS FOR BILLS FANS

BigBen7
03-23-2005, 01:54 PM
Negatives

-You have no offensive line
-You have an unproven 2nd year QB with virtually no game experience.
-You have a second year head coach who is still learning
-You have an aging defense that soon will be broken up. Plus, they have built the defense primarily through free agency which is a sure fire way NOT to win consistently
-Your kicker sucks
-You have no pass rush
-Your offense is very boring and unimaginative
-You have not been to the playoffs since 1999 and haven't won a playoff game since 1995.
-Your current GM left Pittsburgh and the Steelers didn't miss a beat.
-Your current GM has not taken you to the playoffs since he's been in charge.

Positives

-Emerging stud RB in McGahee
-Decent #2 option in Evans
-Great special teams and a great punter

All of this adds up to a 5-11 or 6-10 record for the upcoming season. Anyone want to argue this?

OpIv37
03-23-2005, 01:57 PM
Negatives

-You have an aging defense that soon will be broken up. Plus, they have built the defense primarily through free agency which is a sure fire way NOT to win consistently
-Your kicker sucks
-You have no pass rush

I'm a diehard Bills fan and I've been complaining about the above issues for weeks and saying this isn't going to be a good year for us. No one believes me.

OpIv37
03-23-2005, 01:58 PM
wait I take that back- I never complained about Mularkey. But the rest of that stuff I quoted really bothers me.

footballhottie
03-23-2005, 02:00 PM
dude if all your going to do is trash us then go away.,.....go do somthing else....have sex with yourself or somthing, that probbally the only way you can get it anyway.
hes probally at pats fan.....pats fans suck at life

capitolneal
03-23-2005, 02:00 PM
Negatives

-Your kicker sucks
-You have no pass rush
-You have not been to the playoffs since 1999 and haven't won a playoff game since 1995.

Positives

All of this adds up to a 5-11 or 6-10 record for the upcoming season. Anyone want to argue this?You sound like a ****** no pressure (lmao) I believe you need to step away from the crackpipe and say no an intervention might be in order for you

Iehoshua
03-23-2005, 02:02 PM
Negatives

-Your kicker sucks
-You have no pass rush

Positives

All of this adds up to a 5-11 or 6-10 record for the upcoming season. Anyone want to argue this?

For the simple fact that anything can happen when you play the games, I won't hazard a guess on our '05 record. A rookie head coach who has a 9-7 record in his first season, despite opponents, is nothing but positive in my view. He still has to go out and improve however. I agree with everything else but I'm only a fan and can't do much else but watch, cheer, and continue to bash Drew Bledsoe. :jk:

Novacane
03-23-2005, 02:02 PM
?

talk about the pot calling the kettle black :rolleyes:

ArcticWildMan
03-23-2005, 02:03 PM
dude if all your going to do is trash us then go away.,.....go do somthing else....have sex with yourself or somthing, that probbally the only way you can get it anyway.

:roflmao:

OpIv37
03-23-2005, 02:05 PM
hes probally at pats fan.....pats fans suck at life

You sound like a ****** no pressure (lmao) I believe you need to step away from the crackpipe and say no an intervention might be in order for you

he's obviously trying to start trouble, but he makes some good points in there. Our O-line sucks, which is a huge concern given the fact that we have a young QB and RB who need all the help they can get. The D is aging and is unchanged except for one starter- I don't know how we can expect them to be as good next year as they were this year. And Lindell absolutely blows- if you can't see that, you're either high or you're Tom Donahoe.

footballhottie
03-23-2005, 02:07 PM
wait no i take that back dont have sex with yourself.....got to watch out for the kittens

NJFINSFAN1
03-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Negatives

-Your kicker sucks
-You have no pass rush

Positives

I think if you can fix your offensive line you will compete for a division title. But I would also be worried about a new QB facing the AFC east defenses.
You have to hope your GM has a plan.

Novacane
03-23-2005, 02:10 PM
-You have no pass rush

2004 Sacks

Bills 45
Steelers 41

guess you guys have not pass rush either

AndreReed83
03-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Half of those reasons are bogus to begin with, any of the defensive reasons are ridiculous, except MAYBE the pass-rush, but to say we have NO pass rush just proves you are looking for things to get us riled up about. HELLO! Aaron Schobel! Hell, I remember that no one thought your Steelers were going to do ANYTHING before the previous season. ESPECIALLY you Steeler fans. Get real.

Devin
03-23-2005, 02:12 PM
oh christ yet another ****** coming here to sound like he knows football.

Our rookie coach who is still learning went 9-7 his rookie year.You had a rookie Qb last season who went 15-1? Anyone can do it.

Yeah our aging defence which happens to be ranked amongst the best in the league 3 years running....they truly suck.

Our mobile QB, dynamic running back and reciever no one can seem to catch will turn some heads this year.

Way may have a **** line, but we have the best OL coach in the game. And the second half to the season showed why.

I wont argue about Lindell other then to say TD is right hes improved each year, personally i think he does suck.

finsrclowns
03-23-2005, 02:22 PM
I'm not buying the point on the defense. Who other than Vincent is old on the D? Adams is getting on but he still brings the goods. Otherwise the D is a nice mix of veterans and younger players. Edwards may not be as good as Williams but he is 7 years younger. Vincent still has a few good years left now that he's been moved to FS. With him there for a full year the D should be excellent again, maybe even better since I expect continued improvement from Kelsay.

The O-line is a concern, but the line we have now is NOT the line that will open the season.

This post is obviously smack from a steeler troll.

Mr. Cynical
03-23-2005, 02:25 PM
Negatives

-Your kicker sucks
-You have no pass rush

Positives

All of this adds up to a 5-11 or 6-10 record for the upcoming season. Anyone want to argue this?...

jamze132
03-23-2005, 02:37 PM
"What an idiot, GOSH!"

Philagape
03-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Negatives

-Your kicker sucks
-You have no pass rush

Positives

Hmmm almost all of that was true at the beginning of last season, and we ended up being two plays away from 11-5.

Besides, you forgot to mention our racial attributes, Grand Wizard.

RetroRaiders81
03-23-2005, 02:45 PM
2004 Sacks

Bills 45
Steelers 41

guess you guys have not pass rush either
You tell him! I disagree with them comments about the defense, they have a some guys getting up there, but some young emerging stars as well. Yes there Qb is inexpierenced, but so was Ben at first, everyone was. Just give him some time, but he also needs a O-line or it will get ugly. Thats why they picked up Holcomb in case he isn't producing. Another year where it's all about the O-line.

Mudflap1
03-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Negatives

-You have no offensive line - this is very true at this point.
-You have an unproven 2nd year QB with virtually no game experience - this is true. However, you can't discount the fact he could turn out to play very well, or at least better than Bledsoe, but with a weak offensive line at this point, he's more likely to struggle and show his inexperience.
-You have a second year head coach who is still learning - yeah, he's still learning, but he did a heck of a job the 2nd half of last year. Going 9-7 in his first year was decent enough, but doing it after going 0-4 shows that he might turn out to be a pretty darn good head coach. I would list Mularkey as a positive.
-You have an aging defense that soon will be broken up. Plus, they have built the defense primarily through free agency which is a sure fire way NOT to win consistently - the defense, however way you slice it, is still very much a positive for this team. Losing Pat Williams doesn't help, but this still should be a top 5 or top 10 defense.
-Your kicker sucks - our kicker is a choker.
-You have no pass rush - the defense has an average pass rush. It's not an asset, but it's not a liability either. Had more sacks than Blitzburgh last season.
-Your offense is very boring and unimaginative - and Pittburgh's is wonderfully exhilirating to watch. No, the Bills have a power running game. Yes, with a weak offensive line at this point, there could be problems. And Losman better be good enough to keep 8 guys out of the box. But it's a power running game, and they do run their fair share of razzle dazzle plays. At the end of the day, if the Bills go into the season with the same or similar offensive line as today, I would classify the offense as a negative, though.
-You have not been to the playoffs since 1999 and haven't won a playoff game since 1995. - true
-Your current GM left Pittsburgh and the Steelers didn't miss a beat. - true
-Your current GM has not taken you to the playoffs since he's been in charge. - true.

Positives

-Emerging stud RB in McGahee - true.
-Decent #2 option in Evans - emerging star in Evans.
-Great special teams and a great punter - true.

All of this adds up to a 5-11 or 6-10 record for the upcoming season. Anyone want to argue this? - it could happen, and the recipe for it would be a weak offensive line that makes the running game less effective and forces the Bills to win with J.P. Losman. The Steelers didn't ask Roethlisberger to win games last year, they asked the defense and running game to. It's this simple: improve the offensive line, that makes the running game more effective, which makes play-action more effective. That makes the job easier for Losman, who just has to be effective enough be able to keep 8 guys out of the box and make the defense play honest. No Kyle Boller, Joey Harrington, or Ryan Leaf impressions will be acceptable. More of a David Carr-on-up would be acceptable.

Okay... Where has the team improved since the end of last season? You can't say Losman, he's completely unproven. If you argue "nobody could be worse than Drew", someone else could just as easily argue "Ryan Leaf" so it's pointless. He's a wild card until he plays. McGahee starting from Day One? Okay, that might help a bit, but the offensive line is still a big problem at this point, and even Willis won't be able to work miracles all the time. The offensive line and defensive line have both gotten worse.

I guess what I'm saying is, this was a little bit of an antagonistic post, but there are some very valid, real points in here to realize.

Jon

AndreReed83
03-23-2005, 02:59 PM
Wow, unproven QB arguement.........FROM A STEELERS FAN?! It's right in your handle! "Big Ben." Remember him? (I doubt you'd want to with the way he ended the season, how bout those performances against the Jets and Pats?) JP will be fine.

OpIv37
03-23-2005, 03:00 PM
I guess what I'm saying is, this was a little bit of an antagonistic post, but there are some very valid, real points in here to realize.

Jon

glad someone else is making sense. I'd love to go into this season thinking we're already the SB champs but I've already suffered enough disappointment at the hands of the Bills. The truth is that this team has issues, and unless TD pulls some FA's out of his ass, 2005 will be another looongg season.

jrwozniak
03-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Hey BigBen,

I know I am really looking forward to the Steelers losing another AFC Title game at home. Maybe we can watch Big Ben throw some more pics in the playoffs. You sure talk a ton of **** for blowing it in the title game. You can list all the problems that we have, but FACE THE FACT THAT THE STEELERS CHOKE EVERY AFC TITLE GAME AND COWHER WILL NEVER WIN THE BIG ONE.

What are you gonna say that 25 years ago you won the Super Bowl. Ancient history in sports. Even Mark Madden says that.

The Pirates SUCK!!
Pitt Basketball SUCKS!!
The STEELERS SUCK!!
AND YOU SUCK BIG BEN7

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-23-2005, 03:09 PM

insert YOU=ASS picture above please....
I second that! :poop:

gobuffalo2007
03-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Negatives

-Your kicker sucks
-You have no pass rush

Positives

All of this adds up to a 5-11 or 6-10 record for the upcoming season. Anyone want to argue this?you have to be the stupidest guy on this board first our line is fine jennings is the only starter we lost and news flash the guy was injured every other game so its not that big of a deal we will have the same line we did last year if not better.
yeah jp is unproven but he doesnt have to be that good Bledsoe didnt even average 200 yards a game so if jp can average 200 yards a game which isnt too hard thats playoffs for us right there.
our head coach is done learning he proved that with the turn around at the end of the season.
the defense is in great shape and is no where near ready to break up we have young talent on that team that gets better every year.
yes our kicker does suck thats what we will address in the 6th or 7th round of the draft.
the pass rush must be great we where 2nd or 3rd in the league for stoping the pass.
losman evans mcahee will all bring the spark needed to light up the feild on offense.
TD is doing great think of the team we had before he came and now we are on the super bowls door step.

Mudflap1
03-23-2005, 03:15 PM
FACE THE FACT THAT THE STEELERS CHOKE EVERY AFC TITLE GAME AND COWHER WILL NEVER WIN THE BIG ONE.
As a fellow Bills fan, I don't know if I would make this argument to anybody.......

Jon