PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the players who will be available at the 20th pick...

lordofgun
03-23-2005, 03:45 PM
...would you rather have any of them over JP Losman? Was it a good move in retrospect?

Shasta McNasty
03-23-2005, 04:01 PM
Very good move. Drew is gone and we have hope.

Iehoshua
03-23-2005, 04:04 PM
No one really stands out to me so I'd say it was a good move, but only time will tell...

AndreReed83
03-23-2005, 04:06 PM
Since JP would probably be the first QB taken this year, I think the move was great.

jamze132
03-23-2005, 04:21 PM
Since JP would probably be the first QB taken this year, I think the move was great.
It's arguable that he would be the #1 overall pick. I think he's better than both Smith and Rodgers. I am completely satisfied with what Donahoe did last year to get JP. I don't care that we don't have a pick in the first round this year considering what we got in the trade. Besides, I wouldn't want either of the two hyped up QBs in the draft. Kudos to Donahoe.

Gunzlingr
03-23-2005, 05:18 PM
I am pissed. What the hell was Donahoe thinking? Losman only has a Madden rating of 70 :mad: He could have done some damn research before trading our pic on that below 75 rated loser :mad:

Rhettoric
03-23-2005, 05:29 PM
No one really stands out to me so I'd say it was a good move, but only time will tell...Darth....Um, JPD, follow Losman over a cliff? Does this ring a bell? What's this only time will tell crap!

:biggrin:

Sportsuser101
03-23-2005, 05:55 PM
It's arguable that he would be the #1 overall pick. I think he's better than both Smith and Rodgers. I am completely satisfied with what Donahoe did last year to get JP. I don't care that we don't have a pick in the first round this year considering what we got in the trade. Besides, I wouldn't want either of the two hyped up QBs in the draft. Kudos to Donahoe.
I thought it was an easy trade for the Bills to make because of looking ahead. I knew what kind of talent was going to be out the following year (this year) and how strong the draft was that year. It would have been impossible to tell if Losman would have been the #1 overall pick in the draft but looking at the talent in this years draft I think he would be. Well at least ahead of Rogers and Smith.

I actually liked that pick even more then the Evans pick even though we supposely "gave up alot" according to the "experts". I didn't even feel like we gave up more then we had to. TD had offered that package from pick #14 and then finally got him at #22. Now if the Bills were so confident to take him at #14 would the "experts" still think it were a bad deal if instead of getting #22 we got #14? Thats essentially what we did. We had Losman ranked as the #2 QB in the draft. We had Lee Evans ranked ahead of both Manning and Rivers and had Losman ahead of both of them as well thats how highly we thought of Losman. Besides the McGahee pick I've never been happier with a draft pick (that day) then the Losman pick.

I remember the McGahee pick. Going in I thought ok McDougle, Haynes or Faine hopefully 1 of them will be there. If not then Kelsay. I couldn't have been happier to get McGahee and then Kelsay in the 2nd. Oh well enough with my rambling.

I don't know about you guys but I am very excited to see JP Losman throwing the ball, Willis McGahee runnings the ball and Lee Evans catching the ball.

Mr. Cynical
03-23-2005, 10:27 PM
No one really stands out to me so I'd say it was a good move, but only time will tell...
Pessimism on JP will not be tolerated! You have been warned! :;

Tatonka
03-24-2005, 08:14 AM

good work. :up:

Iehoshua
03-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Darth....Um, JPD, follow Losman over a cliff? Does this ring a bell? What's this only time will tell crap!

:biggrin:

OUCH! :doh:

Good work catching corruption in the precinct and nipping it in the bud! I shall not falter again!
:salute:

ShadowHawk7
03-24-2005, 11:43 AM
I thought it was an easy trade for the Bills to make because of looking ahead. I knew what kind of talent was going to be out the following year (this year) and how strong the draft was that year. It would have been impossible to tell if Losman would have been the #1 overall pick in the draft but looking at the talent in this years draft I think he would be. Well at least ahead of Rogers and Smith.

I actually liked that pick even more then the Evans pick even though we supposely "gave up alot" according to the "experts". I didn't even feel like we gave up more then we had to. TD had offered that package from pick #14 and then finally got him at #22. Now if the Bills were so confident to take him at #14 would the "experts" still think it were a bad deal if instead of getting #22 we got #14? Thats essentially what we did. We had Losman ranked as the #2 QB in the draft. We had Lee Evans ranked ahead of both Manning and Rivers and had Losman ahead of both of them as well thats how highly we thought of Losman. Besides the McGahee pick I've never been happier with a draft pick (that day) then the Losman pick.

I remember the McGahee pick. Going in I thought ok McDougle, Haynes or Faine hopefully 1 of them will be there. If not then Kelsay. I couldn't have been happier to get McGahee and then Kelsay in the 2nd. Oh well enough with my rambling.

I don't know about you guys but I am very excited to see JP Losman throwing the ball, Willis McGahee runnings the ball and Lee Evans catching the ball.
I remember I really wanted McDougle, and originally thought the ESPN ticker was mistaken when the Bills supposedly pick WM. So glad they did though, and McDougle has done nothing for the eagles in two years.

jamze132
03-24-2005, 03:02 PM
I remember I really wanted McDougle, and originally thought the ESPN ticker was mistaken when the Bills supposedly pick WM. So glad they did though, and McDougle has done nothing for the eagles in two years.
Yeah, I really thought McDougle would be our pick. It was kind of funny though, ESPN did a couple of bits on McGahee before we picked and I remember thinking that it would suck to get a guy with a bum leg with our 1st pick since we had other pressing needs and Travis had a great year. But after he was anounced as out pick, I remember reading some reports on McGahee before the injury and everything, it kind of calmed me down. But I won't ever second guess Donahoe anymore. What would we be doing now if we got McDoodle?